DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 281 First 12341252102 ... Last
    Good luck with this @johniba!

One minor comment, nothing to do with your development:
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Also, an issue that Warhammer FRP3 and Star Wars have is that "normal" die, when rolled, will not show numbers in them in the chat window.
    Those rulesets do show the numbers when rolling normal dice. Both rulesets specifically use new dice icons for each dice result number and display these icons - this was necessary as the dice number font was essentially blanked out so that numbers didn't display on the graphical dice symbol result icons in the chat window. Some info available in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...accepts-period

Cool that you found a way around it with a CoreRPG based ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm in the Unity beta, so once you have a release I'll take it and stuff it into my copy and bang on it for a while to see if any errors pop up. Core rulesets sadly aren't immune to weird glitches in Unity, but it should hopefully at least decrease the volume of code to wade through for troubleshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    I'm in the Unity beta, so once you have a release I'll take it and stuff it into my copy and bang on it for a while to see if any errors pop up. Core rulesets sadly aren't immune to weird glitches in Unity, but it should hopefully at least decrease the volume of code to wade through for troubleshooting.
    Nice! Ah I am also in the beta, but I will send it to you so you can help testing, thanks a lot

Oh my gosh I am so excited for this you don't even know! I hope it all goes well and thanks for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Oh my gosh I am so excited for this you don't even know! I hope it all goes well and thanks for doing this.
    Hey, I hear ya! I am so excited with this too

So excited, I am uploading a preview ( this is working, can actually be used to play)

Check my next msg

This is a preview. I would say it is version 0.7 or something.
    It is functional, but as a disclaimer, I would advise not to put your important things in it (do not waste too many hours preparing content like campain data etca without a backup)

Oh man I am also so excited!

I am clocking so many hours working on this, it is insane!
    If it wasnt for my vacation, I dont think I would have pulled it off

So, This is still Work in progress, there are a few things to iron out, and features to include, but i thought I could share it already!

The ruleset is already WORKING!

So here is a quick list of what is working:

1 - Genesys narrative dice working
    - you can type /diegen and roll manually (type /diegen and press enter, for instructions)
    - you can also drag dice to the dice pool, or double click characteristics, initiative, or skill rolls

2 - Character sheet 90% done
    - It is still work in progress, I need to add a place to input info like Motivations, fear etca
    - At the moment it lists all Core skills (I am adding a neat feature that will allow you to click and change your settings (Android, Terrinoth, etca) and it will change the display of skills
    - You can manually add custom skills (so you can actually play android, etca, if you want)

3 - Databases:
    - I will still customize npc, items, careers, talents, etca. This is using CORE, so no custom tables needed, it is actually a lot easier customizing this way and keeps compatibility

4 - Combat tracker and initiative, and automation on combat:
    - players can roll initiative (from char sheet), but there is no automation yet so you have to manually insert players and npcs in the tracker, and control from there
    - no automation on combat: you can roll dice etca, but you need to calculate damage manually
    - critical tables: not ready yet, but i do want to add them (and allow players to customize it)

5 - MISC:
    - I removed all default dice from the ruleset, except for d10 since we use it for rolling tables like critical.
    - Dice image in the desktop is now from Genesys and not star wars, but the rolled icons are still star wars (workin on this, i am very crappy with image editors so I left it for last)

I still have so much to work on, but the great thing is how the code is coming up. Whenever possible I am not touching any code from Core, making it very easy to maintain, and less prone to break on updates

Please download it, and let me know what you think.. also ask me anything and I will do my best to reply

I am still learning (I cant believe two weeks ago I had no idea how to do this...

To think that I am using my vacation time to code, being a programmer, is kind of ironic... but i havent been this excited in so long!

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UN...oEoWSoSeVhWxR-

To install, place this file in your ruleset folder in Fantasy Grounds
    Last edited by johniba; January 22nd, 2020 at 20:32.

Very impressed so far!

I would probably see if I could move the content from the abilities / combat tabs to the main tab, use that empty space for something. And please tell me you intend to use the charactersheet design for the npc sheet when you move on to that. It is one of the things, that make the star wars ruleset so good!

I did notice a weird little bug / behaviour. If I tried to use the skills (ie. double clicked on the skill), and added difficulty / challenge dice. If I dragged the dice from the dice box there would be no result. But if I used the checkmark to roll the dice, then the result would show.

One of these days, when my pain condition isn't absolutely torturing me, I'll see if I can fix those dice icons for you. I do like my photoshopping.

Keep up the good work. I hope you have a long vacation! *grin*

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Very impressed so far!

I would probably see if I could move the content from the abilities / combat tabs to the main tab, use that empty space for something. And please tell me you intend to use the charactersheet design for the npc sheet when you move on to that. It is one of the things, that make the star wars ruleset so good!

I did notice a weird little bug / behaviour. If I tried to use the skills (ie. double clicked on the skill), and added difficulty / challenge dice. If I dragged the dice from the dice box there would be no result. But if I used the checkmark to roll the dice, then the result would show.

One of these days, when my pain condition isn't absolutely torturing me, I'll see if I can fix those dice icons for you. I do like my photoshopping.

Keep up the good work. I hope you have a long vacation! *grin*

Vires Animi
    Hey Vires, thankd for the reply and feedback!

I still have to add a place to input motivation, fears, etca.
    I am thinking of a free form field, a place the player adds notes, since this is something that can vary a lot from player to player...

Yeah that empty space, I will see wheter i use that for that missing info, or something else

The skill list I actually tried hard to make it similar to star wars, ended up consuming two days trying to separate it into categories in different windows, but in the end it was causing a lot of issues.
    When i went back to a single list, all went well, including it it has the same behaviour as 3.5 ruleset, where it allows adding custom skills, and editing them.

I will leave it like that at least for now, since i want to add filters to the skill list, for different settings.
    That also is another topic, i believe i can bring back what genesys does not use, but star wars does, so the ruleset could be used for star wars also.

About that bug on rolling, thanks a lot! i will see if i can fix it...

It is also good you mentioned npcs, i will see what i can do, if it is possible to incorporate those features

Just looked it over. It's off to a really good start. It's just missing some things like weapons stats. Also there is this weird graphical glitch when I go full screen. There is a thick black line down the middle of the screen and a more to the bottom left. It seems have to do with the background since it doesn't cover up the chat or dice. I am sure there are more that I am not seeing but well done. I am super excited to see it running in Core. It's like a dream come true.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 22nd, 2020 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Just looked it over. It's off to a really good start. It's just missing some things like weapons stats. Also there is this weird graphical glitch when I go full screen. There is a thick black line down the middle of the screen and a more to the bottom left. It seems have to do with the background since it doesn't cover up the chat or dice. I am sure there are more that I am not seeing but well done. I am super excited to see it running in Core. It's like a dream come true.
    Hmm I dont have a graphical glitch here like you described, but it is possible that is due to resolution yes, i will do some tests
    What resolution is your screen at?

Oh and items, yeah i need to work on items, npcs, etca... hopefullly in the next days i can have something going on

Thanks a lot for the input!

Thread Information