STAR TREK 2d20
    I'm a big fan of having modules divided by actual product, so my vote is for option 2.

Getting an error: Attachment "[Equipment type] does not match [Equipment type]" when I try to add an item attachment to an item. I've changed the Equip Type and Use with fields on the mod, to match (as best as i can figure) and the Type and subtype on the item I am trying to attach but i keep getting the same error message. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Edit: So I am really on a role today. EquipType for the Mod needed to be set to the broad category (in this case Gear) in order to be added normally. However The Item List wouldn't let me add a type that would have access to the augment function.

Specifically I am trying to add Mods to a Bioware Suite, currently set to Type: Gear Subtype: Bioware. Now the Attachment I am trying to add has been set to Equip Type: Bioware mods, and Use with: is set to bioware.

I am aware that changing mod's Equip type will let it be added correctly but then it will lose the category that it has been organized with.

All this to say, i figured it out, but I am not sure it works well as is. If i were to add the Item to a yet uncreated category (say bioware) the entry then no longer has the Attachments section. Not in any way a priority, or even really a problem except in a super specific instance, but something to throw onto the eventual to-do list.
    Last edited by Xarax; October 11th, 2021 at 21:52. Reason: figured it out... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Getting an error: Attachment "[Equipment type] does not match [Equipment type]" when I try to add an item attachment to an item. I've changed the Equip Type and Use with fields on the mod, to match (as best as i can figure) and the Type and subtype on the item I am trying to attach but i keep getting the same error message. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Edit: So I am really on a role today. EquipType for the Mod needed to be set to the broad category (in this case Gear) in order to be added normally. However The Item List wouldn't let me add a type that would have access to the augment function.

Specifically I am trying to add Mods to a Bioware Suite, currently set to Type: Gear Subtype: Bioware. Now the Attachment I am trying to add has been set to Equip Type: Bioware mods, and Use with: is set to bioware.

I am aware that changing mod's Equip type will let it be added correctly but then it will lose the category that it has been organized with.

All this to say, i figured it out, but I am not sure it works well as is. If i were to add the Item to a yet uncreated category (say bioware) the entry then no longer has the Attachments section. Not in any way a priority, or even really a problem except in a super specific instance, but something to throw onto the eventual to-do list.
    Hi Xarax

Thanks for your input. I think it is a matter of changing the way I handle those.

I am almost done with some changes here, and I will see If I can work on this one also, which seems pretty straightforward.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-10-12

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Improvements:
    - Combat Tracker: Init Result will now be more readable. It will show the rolled result for initiative in the format "s.aa", where "s" is the number of successes rolled, and "aa" the number of advantages.
    Internally the combat tracker still keeps track of a special "tiebreaker" number, to make sure that on an initiative tie between a player and an npc, the player will go first.
    Attention: the first time you open the combat tracker after this update you will see all initiative as "0". That is expected. Just re-roll initiative and it will show the results fine.
    Also, the GM can manually change initiative results without having to worry on entering same results (for example between a PC and an NPC), as the tiebreaker will still work internally.

- Attachments: This is no longer restricted to Item type "Weapon", "Armor", and "Gear". You can create Attachments with any Type.
    The ruleset will still only accept adding Attachments to an item that matches the Type between them, though.
    - Attachments: in Settings, "House Rules", you can turn on/off allowing Attachments to items other than "Weapons"/"Armor" (it is ON by default)

- All Records in the database: Removed "Source Page" from records. Upon executing this new version of the ruleset, it will automatically update all records in the campaign.
    Any records with values under "Page Source" will have these edited into the "Source" field directly.
    For example, suppose we have an item named "lightsaber" with Source "Force and Destiny Core" and Source Page "98", the upgrade will change source to "Force and Destiny Core (98)"
    This change does not affect the Backup/Restore Descriptions feature, but if you have exported your descriptions to a library, it is recommended you open your special campaign to edit descriptions, an export it to a library again.

- Items, Career, Setting, Vehicle: added "Library" buttons as shortcuts to open the Attachments, Special Abilities, Items, where needed.
    These shortcuts are just like the ones that exist in Character/NPC sheets, that allow users and GM to quickly open a database window to drag and drop a record into the PC/NPC

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post

Hey Xarax, check the new version, I have done changes to how attachments are handled and I hope they work now for you

So far only 1 person has mentioned a preference about the libraries. I know it was probubly easy to miss but it was the last post on pg 183.

Also with these changes I will be able to eliminate some of the duplicates. However keep in mind that duplicates between libraries will remain.

@sevrick
    I would say definitely keep the libraries separate for the adventures.
    Personally I've always used all the books I could and ran age of rebellion, edge, and force together. I don't know if that's the norm or what but that's always what I've done so grouping all of the extra books together wouldn't bother me in the slightest, so long as it was easy to tell where the info could be filled in on the books.
    Regarding the time period books, I wouldn't mind if they were together or separate, but to me together with other books of their time period makes the most sense to me.

Thanks for all your doing Sevrick!

I notice the filter for source doesn't seem to reflect the changes made to the source. For example there are like 4 of pages of edge of the empire with various page numbers. It should ignore the page numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I notice the filter for source doesn't seem to reflect the changes made to the source. For example there are like 4 of pages of edge of the empire with various page numbers. It should ignore the page numbers.
    I will see what i can do about that filter.
    The way it normally works is that it will see each different source value in a record as a different item to put in that dropdown
    What I have to try is see if instead of a dropdown, i can make it filter by a text we type in it

I will see what i can do

One vote for lumping AA, SS and GG books into one module.

Clone Wars books together rocks.

If you could lump the era books in libraries/ modules of the same era a la the Clone Wars books that'd work.

Please and thank you!

Thread Information