STAR TREK 2d20
    New database day! Like a Christmas every time.

Deleted the old libraries from my modules folder. Just downloaded the new libraries. Upgraded to the new rulesets via the Forge. Opened my old campaign, loaded the new three libraries.

So the Talent directory is fine. Issue pops up on my character sheets and the NPCs I created. Seems a simple fix is to re-insert the Talents from the directory; worked on one of the NPCs I created. Not too many to do so I'll take it with all the new whiz-bang of the setup. Unless there's another trick? Good looking out.

Quote Originally Posted by kessler25 View Post
    New database day! Like a Christmas every time.

Deleted the old libraries from my modules folder. Just downloaded the new libraries. Upgraded to the new rulesets via the Forge. Opened my old campaign, loaded the new three libraries.

So the Talent directory is fine. Issue pops up on my character sheets and the NPCs I created. Seems a simple fix is to re-insert the Talents from the directory; worked on one of the NPCs I created. Not too many to do so I'll take it with all the new whiz-bang of the setup. Unless there's another trick? Good looking out.
    Ah I see...

The upgrade process is not processing the talents already inserted in npcs/pcs.
    I will upgrade the code to do this next time.

If you do not have many to do, I would say go ahead and re-enter them.
    If this will take too much time, let me know and I can check the code, update and on the next update it will work

No rush. There are only a few and I'm not playing soon. Thanks though. BTW whoever made the pips on the skill list into the actual dice? Chef's kiss. y'all rock!

No rush. There are only a few and I'm not playing soon. Thanks though. BTW whoever made the pips on the skill list into the actual dice? Chef's kiss. y'all rock!
    hahaha thanks...
    I wanted to fix some issues with FGU Themes, and I looked at those black pips and thought to myself "man... i really want dice"
    I have to say, I learned as I went, to build that part of the code. It is one of the most enjoyable parts of building the rulesets... researching, trying, learning stuff... and then seeing something you want, working

I knew imediately that everyone would love that.

I still have some more cool ideas, have to see how to turn them into reality

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-10-04

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - (Star Wars): Destiny Points are no longer called Story Points. This is way overdue, and I know it is probably a bit annoying to see them called Story Points, as if from Genesys...
    - Fixed a bug with the command /dicegen, where if the user tried to roll a dice with no number (for example /dicegen 1da+dp), an error would occur.

Improvements:
    - Desktop: Players and GMs can now unlock and move the Dice Pool, Narrative Dice, and Tokens, and customize where on the desktop they want them...
    (just like you can with the chat window, player list, etca...)
    To unlock and move the Dice Pool, simply right click, unlock, and move around. You can lock the position again, and even reset the position to the original place.
    To do the same with both Narrative Dice and the Tokens, move your mouse over them, and a small "padlock" appears. Clicking it will unlock movement.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars
    Last edited by johniba; October 5th, 2021 at 03:58.

hey Kessler25, I have improved the code in the /upgradedb command
    You only need to re-download both rulesets...

Please try using it, and let me know if it worked to fix your database

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    hey Kessler25, I have improved the code in the /upgradedb command
    You only need to re-download both rulesets...

Please try using it, and let me know if it worked to fix your database
    Well well well. Look at the young Jedi lift that X-Wing! Worked like a charm! Stuff I didn't realize I had typed in that was missing is back baby! Well done!

Well well well. Look at the young Jedi lift that X-Wing! Worked like a charm! Stuff I didn't realize I had typed in that was missing is back baby! Well done!
    I am super happy it worked!!!!

Thanks

So I had a question. How is items with descriptions on NPC handled? Are the descriptions backed up? Also in my case will they be removed when I export without descriptions?
    Last edited by sevrick; October 7th, 2021 at 02:18.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I had a question. How is items with descriptions on NPC handled? Are the descriptions backed up? Also in my case will they be removed when I export without descriptions?
    This is how it works:

The backup process will backup all main records (items, talents, npc, skills, etca) and for those that have sub-records like npcs that have talents, items, etca... it will also backup those (you can actually see that backup if you check an npc in the backup description table, it will show that it backedup the subrecords.

When the clear description executes, it will ALSO delete descriptions from subrecords (example, it will remove descriptions from items that are inside pc/npc)

When the restore executes, it does a bit more:

First, it will restore all main records: items, skills, talents etca

After that, when it will start by restoring those main records, and then it will proceed with restoring sub-records

For restoring subrecords, first it will see if that subrecord (for example an item) is a match with one from the main records. For example, if the item in the npc was one from the item table...
    If that is the case, the description restored will come from that.
    If no match is found, but the subrecord was previously backedup inside the npc, it will restore the description.
    This means, for items that dont have a match in the main table, it was probably an item create directly in the npc... then it will restore from the backup done in the npc subrecord.

How this match happens:
    When the restore process is trying to match, it will look for table+item name + source + page

So for example

Lets say the npc has an Item, named Axe, with Source Genesys Core and page 120... and the items database has that same item, the description will be restored in the item belonging to that npc
    This last one here is the nicest part:

It means that if you keep your main tables updated, it will always update again all npcs and pcs that have that item, you dont need to copy/paste each

One important thing for this to work:
    - Make sure main records have Name, Source and Page correct, before draging those into pcs/npcs... so the restore process fully works.
    - Do not move the record from libraries, do not change the library names (so that their internal ID number and library reference is consistent... so the restore process can find the main record.

Short Answer:
    - descriptions on npcs are backedup, even the ones in records inside the npc
    - the clearing will also clear those
    - restoring will restore them back
    Last edited by johniba; October 7th, 2021 at 02:57.

Thread Information