FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlec View Post
    Ah, library updates, cool!

I have a question for those with more experience in this than me. When I started using this Star Wars ruleset, I used all three libraries, but then I deleted all the duplicate and triplicate items, talents, npcs, favouring the Age of Rebellion library when possible. Then I started adding descriptions to the items, talents etc from the rulebooks, for the ease of my players.

Will downloading and using these updated libraries -

1) produce a brand new set of duplicates and triplicates?
    2) over-write the descriptions I'd added?

Thank you in advance!
    When you delete a record attached to a module, that removal does nothing to the module itself. Rather it saves the changes you made for that specific Campaign when that module is open. If you were to create a new Campaign and loaded up the modules, you would see none of the changes you made.

That being said I know that the descriptions will be overwritten, as for the deleted records I will have to test weather or not they stay deleted.
    Also note that Johniba plans to make the ability to export and import descriptions so that you descriptions remain unaffected when updating.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 11th, 2021 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Ah nice, did you do the same for the genesys libraries?

By the way sevrick, did you see i changed the order of melee and ranged defenses in the character sheets?
    Yeah forgot about that. I will add those changes to the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Edge of the Empire Libraries
    • Added Fly Casual source book to the Libraries.

I also add SW in front of the name of each library to group the libraries together and easier search for people with big libraries.
    Sorry to ask, but is there an easy way to streamline redundancies in the libraries (ie Stormtroopers show up six times, twice for each book (once as Core Rule, once as Library) ). Whenever I update the libraries, anything I took out gets put back in.

General suggestion: how is the scrolling handled when it comes to lists like NPCs? Is it set for a 4K screen or something? Because I use 1080p and it makes more sense to me that if you had the list stretched from top to bottom, no scroll bar should be necessary, just more pages. Would make things easier when browsing large numbers of things like NPCs and Vehicles.
    Last edited by mossfoot; September 11th, 2021 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Sorry to ask, but is there an easy way to streamline redundancies in the libraries (ie Stormtroopers show up six times, twice for each book (once as Core Rule, once as Library) ). Whenever I update the libraries, anything I took out gets put back in.
    So you are talk about the ones you have descriptions for and the ones that get updated and don't? Well I know it it's tough but I am not sure how far along Johniba is on the Import/Export feature. For that reason I have foregone adding any descriptions myself.

What I do when I am prepping for a campaign I copy from the Item or NPC I need from the module then add a description to the copy and place it in a group with the title of my campaign.

Having the Import/Export feature should remove the need to have an addition instance.

As for the duplicates between the 3 core lines, the duplication should be minimal and limited mostly to the Core rulebooks themselves. I do this for several reasons.
    1st That is how the FFG officially made the books.
    2nd The duplicates a lot of the time have different descriptions.
    3rd It reduces the clutter in the long run. Having everything be in one Library would make it harder to sift through what you want. Say I am looking for force related stuff. I just have to open one library and sift through a lot less of what I don't need.
    4th If I did have only one instance be what library should it be from? I didn't want to make the choice for everyone. (ok that 4th one isn't really a reason.)

As far as I can tell the alternative is to have a few duplicates from the core rulebooks. Not sure why you would bother deleting duplicates. You know they all come from one of the official books, just choose one and call it a day. Or just load up 1 library in the setting that you are using. If you doing a force user game then keep Force and Destiny Library Open, while occasionally opening one of the others to grab what you need.

I know it may not be the answer you want but, if know of a way that you might think is better I am open to suggestions.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 11th, 2021 at 18:30.

I noticed that when you use symbols in a heading or bold it cause some weird spacing issues. Is there any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I noticed that when you use symbols in a heading or bold it cause some weird spacing issues. Is there any way to fix this?
    Yeah. That is an issue with the fonts, I will see if I can correct those spacings.
    I am going to put on my todo list, and will work on it soon, ok?

About Descriptions, libraries and "merging" them

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlec View Post
    Ah, library updates, cool!

I have a question for those with more experience in this than me. When I started using this Star Wars ruleset, I used all three libraries, but then I deleted all the duplicate and triplicate items, talents, npcs, favouring the Age of Rebellion library when possible. Then I started adding descriptions to the items, talents etc from the rulebooks, for the ease of my players.

Will downloading and using these updated libraries -

1) produce a brand new set of duplicates and triplicates?
    2) over-write the descriptions I'd added?

Thank you in advance!

Like Sevrick mentioned in another reply, there is no easy way to merge the descriptions you may have edited, into a database

Now having said that, there is something you guys can do (and this will also help me in test this properly)

First let me explain how FantasyGrounds behaves when you customize a record from a library you have opened in your campaign:

You can follow my steps while I explain this, and it may make more sense.
    Soon I will record a video explaining how to do this.

- Open Fantasy Grounds, and load your campaign
    - Go to Items, choose an item record and open it.
    - Now, edit the item, for example, add a description
    - Close that record. Look for it in the item list window: first you will notice that each listed item has an icon on the right side. The item you have edited will have a "book with a pen". This means the record was "customized" (when you edited it)
    Other items with "simple books with no pen" means the record was not edited.
    If you right click on an item you have edited, you will see an option "Revert Changes". Clicking this will remove any changes you did to the record (descriptions etca, you edited)

- Leave at least one edited record.

Now comes the interesting part

- Close your campaign, going back to the FantasyGrounds start screen
    - Locate on the top/left (FGUnity) or top right (FGClassic) a small "folder" icon. Click on it.
    - This will open windows explorer, presenting you with the Fantasy Grounds directories.
    - Look for a folder named "campaigns". This is where all your campaigns are stored
    - Look for your campaign name, and open that folder. Locate another folder in there named "moduledb", and open it.

You will see one or more files in that folder.
    They are each named after the libraried you have opened in your campaign.
    Each of those files will contain "customizations".
    This means, this is where all descriptions and other fields you have edited in records from those libraries, are stored.

Now with this knowledge, here are some tips:

- Backup those files, and when you start a new campaign, copy those files and add to the same folder inside the new campaign.
    This will make it so your customized descriptions will also show up in that other campaign!

- Another tip I would say is: create a campaign specifically just to go in, and edit descriptions.
    Only use that campaign for that feature, and whenever you want, you can copy those files in the moduledb folder inside this special campaign, and put in your other campaigns.

Now, deleting records from the library I dont think will keep their deleted state when you update a library and re-open it.

Having said all the above, I have tested some possible solutions for facilitating people to sync their descriptions into libraries, but unfortunatelly none that could work directly from inside FantasyGrounds

One idea I still have is maybe write down a script or a program, that people would be able to run, and this program or script would look inside your "special campaign for editing", and generate a new library module, merging descriptions.

I am thinking that maybe depending on how easy it is to write down such a program, maybe I could even have a way for people to mark which records they do not want in their "final" module.

I hope this wall of text makes sense.

I will record a video maybe this weekend, explaining all of this I just wrote, but i do hope this text helps.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-09-11

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:

Improvements:
    - Character and NPC Sheets -> Action Tab -> Powers:
    1) Added two display modes for Powers: Full (will display all details from all powers) and Short (Will hide descriptions and show only buttons)
    2) Also added a small icon to the right of each power, allowing players to minimize powers, making the display even shorter.
    3) Players can now create a shortcut from each Power action, into the hotkey bar!
    To create a shortcut:
    - Choose display type "Short"
    - Drag the small action icons (for example the dice icon from an action) into a hotkey slot

P.S.: I am going to improve the Weapon list, so that soon we will also be able to create shortcuts for weapon rolls...

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars

This is so cool Johniba! Geeking out here! Thanks so much for all your work on this!

Thread Information