DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    one more thing to add to your list. I played a Geneyes game last night and when I rolled a critical it showed the hidden name of the NPC in the roll to the players. I read it out loud thinking that was the name of the crit rolled. We had a good laugh .

A couple of things I've found (Star Wars FGU):

Players can't drop damage on combat tracker or enemy tokens. Chat window indicated that damage was applied, but the numberes didn't translate to the combat tracker itself. Is this intentional?

Issue with token sizes on maps. Where an NPC token would be a 1x1 size, the players are 5x5, as default. In other words, player token size (and range) is default 5 versus NPC size of 1, when dragged to the combat tracker. This can manually be altered, but default size of 1 for players would be really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Well. That all happened while we were moving characters from the old system. I.E. Typing it all in and we said: "F*** it. We're not stopping. This will be fixed". Then we got to do a little gaming and testing / learning and after a couple of hours the problem fixed itself. I have no clue how or why. But it just... works... now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forget it. If it pops up again, I'll try to figure out what happened....

A few things I've noticed (This is star wars):
    1) Nowhere to record Force rating. Not a big problem, but hey... I noticed it.
    2) I have a character that is a shapeshifter (homebrew stuff) and I thought: "Great. This ruleset lets me drag / drop races. I can just use custom one's for each shape and save time". But, as it turns out, dragging a new race to the charactersheet resets the experience humber. In case anyone else needing to do that, I wish there was a way to communicate this. Perhaps when someone one day creates a manual for the ruleset, this could be noted? This is clearly a me problem...
    3) Party inventory doesn't work. Again, not massively important, but useful to have some day.

Just a few things. Very minor really. We're enjoying getting back into Star Wars, without all the hazzle of the old ruleset. So thank you for your hard work!

Vires Animi
    Ah ok if the issue happens again, try to make a note of the steps so I can try to reproduce. I suspect the update I made at the time, one that changed the way the ruleset edits back and forth the special code versus the characters, may have fixed it, but if it happens again, we will investigateb

About the fields:

- My next update will include the missing fields, one of the is force rating
    - About experience reset, I will make sure to display a message about the previous value and the new values...
    - Party inventory: i am overhauling it, should be ready soon. I am also including party vehicles, and finally enabling the ability for multicrew. This is all tied to the party sheet, so dont worry i will make it work

Yeah. But then you still need somewhere to track how many have been committed. Soooo... still missing that field from the old system, to be honest.
    I am adding them in the next release soon

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    one more thing to add to your list. I played a Geneyes game last night and when I rolled a critical it showed the hidden name of the NPC in the roll to the players. I read it out loud thinking that was the name of the crit rolled. We had a good laugh .
    ah ha... I will fix that hehe

A couple of things I've found (Star Wars FGU):

Players can't drop damage on combat tracker or enemy tokens. Chat window indicated that damage was applied, but the numberes didn't translate to the combat tracker itself. Is this intentional?

Issue with token sizes on maps. Where an NPC token would be a 1x1 size, the players are 5x5, as default. In other words, player token size (and range) is default 5 versus NPC size of 1, when dragged to the combat tracker. This can manually be altered, but default size of 1 for players would be really nice!

I will work on these...

Great stuff incoming I see!

Might I suggest for the tokens that the default for both player and npc's would be Size 1 and Range 0. I suspect that other people like me would only use tokens on a "map" that show range increments, thus really negating the need for a "range" in the traditional sense of using FG.

As for that issue with the symbols not working... I have troubleshot FG for close to 11 years now and I am at a loss. If I ever see it again, I will make every effort to figure it out, in case others run into it. But so far, it works just fine now. So yeah. That was kind of strange.

Great stuff incoming I see!

Might I suggest for the tokens that the default for both player and npc's would be Size 1 and Range 0. I suspect that other people like me would only use tokens on a "map" that show range increments, thus really negating the need for a "range" in the traditional sense of using FG.

As for that issue with the symbols not working... I have troubleshot FG for close to 11 years now and I am at a loss. If I ever see it again, I will make every effort to figure it out, in case others run into it. But so far, it works just fine now. So yeah. That was kind of strange.

Great idea! I am adding this to my notes, I will see what i can do about the token defaults

While entering in some stuff into the Libraries I noticed that some talents are in multiple books of the same line. For example "Cleaver Solution" appears in both Endless Vigil and Keeping the Peace. Both of which are from the Force and Destiny books. I haven't worried about duplicates between the 3 libraries because I knew that was inevitable. However duplicates in the same library could be fixed by allowing to adding additional sources. Not sure how much work this would be. If it would need a lot of reworking we can just leave it as duplicates. It seems to be a rare occurrence, so far. For now I will add them as 2 separate talents.

One idea would be just add another 1 box below Source and Call it something like "Additional Source" or Rename the Sources "Source 1" and "Source 2" to future proof it. So far I have only come across 2 sources from the same library. If I finish and there is only ever 2 duplicates from the same library that would be all you would have to add.
    Last edited by sevrick; June 7th, 2021 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    While entering in some stuff into the Libraries I noticed that some talents are in multiple books of the same line. For example "Cleaver Solution" appears in both Endless Vigil and Keeping the Peace. Both of which are from the Force and Destiny books. I haven't worried about duplicates between the 3 libraries because I knew that was inevitable. However duplicates in the same library could be fixed by allowing to adding additional sources. Not sure how much work this would be. If it would need a lot of reworking we can just leave it as duplicates. It seems to be a rare occurrence, so far. For now I will add them as 2 separate talents.

One idea would be just add another 1 box below Source and Call it something like "Additional Source" or Rename the Sources "Source 1" and "Source 2" to future proof it. So far I have only come across 2 sources from the same library. If I finish and there is only ever 2 duplicates from the same library that would be all you would have to add.
    This also happens in other sources, like the DnD 5 mods. I would say it is a limitation on the way databases are in FG
    I cannot think right now of any way that would be easy to avoid duplicates, but I will keep this noted, for the future.

Thread Information