STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Oh it is already there.

Notice that you can expand a section containing the control skill and vehicle weapons for each npc, clicking a toggle button (rocket icon)

Attachment 46036

P.S.: I have to fix the alignment on the weapons title bar
    It was far too early this morning for me to be posting at all, let alone be looking for expandable bars

Thanks mate!
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

We had a game last night, we had a little issue with the Combat Tracker and the Initiative.
    Playing on Genesys Ruleset, custom setting, FGU.

On init when players had multiple same init, the first person had their turn to play, but the others were skipped.
    I have 3 players at 1.01
    I moved them to 1.01, 1.02 etc. and it went ok, but same init causes conflict it seems, as the ruleset seems to skip the said init altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post
    We had a game last night, we had a little issue with the Combat Tracker and the Initiative.

On init when players had multiple same init, the first person had their turn to play, but the others were skipped.
    I have 3 players at 1.01
    I moved them to 1.01, 1.02 etc. and it went ok, but same init causes conflict it seems, as the ruleset seems to skip the said init altogether.
    Ah thanks for the report, I will fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post

I have 3 players at 1.01
    hey Jelk, I managed to find a solution for that issue, please download the latest version and let me know if it works, ok?

Thanks a lot for finding this bug

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-04-25

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - Combat Tracker: fixed an issue with initiative that when two actors had the same init value, selecting the next one to take action would skip the
    other's next turn.
    Also added a "tiebreaker" to the initiative rolls: now in case of a tie, PCs act first (as per the rules in the core books).
    This is how initiative is calculated:
    - Each success adds one, and each advantage adds 0.01 to the init result. The ruleset also adds a tiebreaker value to the final result.
    So for example:
    Joe rolled two successes and one advantage in his init roll.
    His roll result will show up as: 2.01x (where x will be the tiebreaker value, this is an automatic value the ruleset will add)

Also please notice, if a GM wants to manually change a Init value from a PC or NPC in the combat tracker, make sure NOT to add the same value as from another entry, as that would cause the issue with one of them skipping a turn.

Improvements:
    None

P.S.: Currently if you have a vehicle with critical damage, instead of removing the critical damage from the Character sheet's Vehicle tab, make sure to open the vehicle record (from inventory), and deleting the critical from there.
    I will be fixing this soon

As always, you can download the updates here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak

Please download the Genesys.pak even if you are using Star Wars
    Last edited by johniba; April 26th, 2021 at 01:17.

Hey I was wondering if there was a way to make the Encounter system work with minions proper. What I mean is the ability to add minions to an encounter and have the proper tokens show up to be placed based on the number of minions. Rivals and Nemesis work just fine since they are one entity and therefore get one token. Without this if you add a minion group of 4 it will still only produce 1 token to place on the map. I know I mentioned this in the past but I thought it worth restating.

The way I was going to handle it is just make the token larger to take up a 2x2 or even a 3x3 area of the grid as a “squad” group. As some of them die off I’ll just reduce the size of the token at certain thresholds.
    I wish there was an easy way to set the size of the NPC automatically though. Like a spot on the NPC sheet for Silhouette that would automatically bump them up to a 2x2 or 3x3 at certain sizes. So they can see how much bigger a creature is compared to them on a grid map.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    The way I was going to handle it is just make the token larger to take up a 2x2 or even a 3x3 area of the grid as a “squad” group. As some of them die off I’ll just reduce the size of the token at certain thresholds.
    I wish there was an easy way to set the size of the NPC automatically though. Like a spot on the NPC sheet for Silhouette that would automatically bump them up to a 2x2 or 3x3 at certain sizes. So they can see how much bigger a creature is compared to them on a grid map.
    Yeah I am not a fan of that approach. I would much rather have each minon have his own token. It makes things clear on where everyone is. Done your way you would have to cluster them all together. You couldn't split them up but all be part of the same minion group.

That's why it would be nice if there was a way to tell FG that when you add a minion group to an encounter it adds a number of tokens equal to the group number. Then I can spread the minion group around if I want. People who like doing just one token can still do that. All they have to do is add one to the map from the encounter. The best of both worlds.
    Last edited by sevrick; April 27th, 2021 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Hey I was wondering if there was a way to make the Encounter system work with minions proper. What I mean is the ability to add minions to an encounter and have the proper tokens show up to be placed based on the number of minions. Rivals and Nemesis work just fine since they are one entity and therefore get one token. Without this if you add a minion group of 4 it will still only produce 1 token to place on the map. I know I mentioned this in the past but I thought it worth restating.
    I promise I will have a look into this, but I am not confident it will translate well into the combat map.

Here is the thing, I dont think genesys and star wars work well with maps and tokens, it is an abstract system, much like world of darkness, but sure people will always try to use maps and tokens/minis.

The issue I see is that even if I change the code in the map system in fantasy grounds, allowing one map token for each minion in a group, they will still show up as one individual line in the combat tracker.
    I dont know if that will break immersion on a group, if players look at the tracker and see 1 line representing the minion group, and in the map they see multiple tokens.

Also mechanically, a minion group work as an individual, the group only has one action, and also players targetting them target the group itself, and not an individual.

I think we have to open a discussion, we definitelly can think of something, and maybe look if other virtual tabletops work on this solution in any way...

So I will say I will definitelly leave this open for discussion and a possible feature after i am done with some other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    That is definitelly an idea.

I think we need to work on improving the map system overall. One thing for example is target and distance. FG works with a numerical system, and I have been researching if it is possible to translate that into the Genesys/Star Wars distance mechanic, like melee, close, far... stragegic....

Maybe we can come up with a set of configurations, like standards in a map: default size for a creature being 1 square, minions taking multiple squares.... distance being translated to x number of squares being close, far....

Thread Information