FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 282 First ... 412131415162464114 ... Last
    RELEASE NOTES - Feb 9 - 2020

1 - Character inventory
    - unidentified weapon if equiped will be ignored, and will not show up in the combat tab

2 - NPC Sheet
    - tabs show redundant information:
    I still need work to do, speciall remove some redundancy: some things show up multiple times across tabs and i will still make this look better and more functional
    For the time being, i decided to release anyway, so people can test the ruleset

- improve skill list
    I want to improve the list, maybe for minions only show skills when they are selected, since minions have access to a limited range of skills
    For now, when creating a minion, make sure to mark the "minion skill" checkbox in the skill, and also notice that the skill total will be calculated automatically at this time (minions have skills at their number -1, so a group of 3 minions when they have a skill, the skill value will be 2, for example

3 - Items
    - Added Rarity, Special fields
    - Reordered fields so they show up in the order they are presented in books
    - You can set an item as "unidentified"
    Notice that there are two fields: "non-id name", and "non-id notes"
    These fields are what the players will see for name and description of the item, if unidentified
    Unidentified items cannot be used in combat
    - Please notice that the big text box right before "Setting" is the main item description

Work in progress:

My next focus is making Initiative rolls automatically update character and npc positions in the combat track

Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Just thought I would check in and see how things are going. It's been awhile since I heard anything. I have weekends off I was just looking forward to adding all the items in. No pressure I am just realy excited. Lol I refresh this forum like 30 times a day to see any news.
    hey Sevrick!

Please download the latest version and let me know what you think.

Please read my notes in the previous post.

I think the item database is ok to be used now

I believe now the ruleset has all basic features to be properly used!
    I will try to run some tests, and also please let me know what you find!

Will do. Item data entry will take a little longer than the Talents did since there are more of them and more fields. But none the less I am excited to get started.

Just thought I would check in and see how things are going. It's been awhile since I heard anything. I have weekends off I was just looking forward to adding all the items in. No pressure I am just realy excited. Lol I refresh this forum like 30 times a day to see any news.
    By the way, sorry to keep you waiting.
    Yes i am also so so hyped for this... i would say too much

What happened is: most of my free time i was working on this, and when i came back from vacation, my mind was so caught up on this that i could not sleep
    I would be thinking on this constantly even when almost sleeping, so i took a few days off, even when i really wanted to code the ruleset hehe

But now, i want to polish it a bit.
    I will get initiative to work tomorrow, make the npc sheet look better and less redundant, and overall, make the ruleset 1.0 i hope

After that, we can discuss what to do next. I really want to change the looks, make it look better.

Also improve a few things, and work on a vehicle feature. I am still not sure i like the way star wars ruleset did, making vehicle a tab in the charseet, so i will take some time, and look at it

I will of course wait on your feedback!

Will do. Item data entry will take a little longer than the Talents did since there are more of them and more fields. But none the less I am excited to get started.
    hahahaha glad to see you excited man...

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Also improve a few things, and work on a vehicle feature. I am still not sure i like the way star wars ruleset did, making vehicle a tab in the charseet, so i will take some time, and look at it

I will of course wait on your feedback!
    Double check the Star Wars ruleset. There are two places for vehicles: the vehicle tab and the character sheet. The character sheet vehicle tab is for a specific PC owned vehicle quick reference. The Main vehicle tab has more info and is more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Double check the Star Wars ruleset. There are two places for vehicles: the vehicle tab and the character sheet. The character sheet vehicle tab is for a specific PC owned vehicle quick reference. The Main vehicle tab has more info and is more detailed.
    I think you mean the party sheet, right?
    I will check them.

I was thinking if instead of a fixed tab for vehicles, it should be treated like a pet/npc, where you could have it under inventory. That way people could actually have multiple vehicles/mounts.

I think this part may need more feedback

Altough I am trying not to change too much, in hopes that i can make an upgrade script to allow people to import their existing database later in an updated sw ruleset, some things i had to change....

I was thinking if instead of a fixed tab for vehicles, it should be treated like a pet/npc, where you could have it under inventory. That way people could actually have multiple vehicles/mounts.
    In the Star Wars ruleset, the vehicle tab in the PC/NPC sheet is a way of displaying/tracking data both in the PC/NPC sheet and the CT, and controlling the vehicle (making linked rolls, etc) for the currently used vehicle. Drag/drop a vehicle to the PC/NPC sheet to populate the data, overwriting what was already there. Maybe this could be expanded upon to populate the data if a vehicle in the inventory is equipped, keeping the previous data (damage, etc.) in the record in the inventory for vehicles that are unequipped.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In the Star Wars ruleset, the vehicle tab in the PC/NPC sheet is a way of displaying/tracking data both in the PC/NPC sheet and the CT, and controlling the vehicle (making linked rolls, etc) for the currently used vehicle. Drag/drop a vehicle to the PC/NPC sheet to populate the data, overwriting what was already there. Maybe this could be expanded upon to populate the data if a vehicle in the inventory is equipped, keeping the previous data (damage, etc.) in the record in the inventory for vehicles that are unequipped.
    That is a really nice idea.

I will fix the initiative roll first, and the npc sheet, after that i will do some tests with vehicle using your suggestions... thanks a lot

I think you mean the party sheet, right?
    I will check them.

I think this part may need more feedback

Altough I am trying not to change too much, in hopes that i can make an upgrade script to allow people to import their existing database later in an updated sw ruleset, some things i had to change....
    Not exactly. I've attached three images to show all of the places where vehicle information can be loaded into a Star Wars ruleset adventure.
    Character Sheet and NPC sheet.PNG
    Starship Party Sheet.PNG
    Vehicle Sheet.PNG

Thread Information