STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Ahhh I see! Yes those extensions for android, terrinoth, keyforge will break the critical system as it is now.
    I will have to remove them, and also put some warning not to use them anymore.

I will wrap up some updates I am doing, and I will also enable the new Setting system, and see if I can upload today
    hey Xarax... the new setting system is available, let me know how it works

Hey Sevrick

Please take a look at the new "Setting" database from the notes above.

I think it would be really cool if you could add some to the libraries you created for Genesys, like for example add the Terrinoth setting to the terrinoth database, and also then the ones to android, keyforge to each one...
    I am on it

Hey Sevrick

I downloaded your latest libraries for SW, they dont seem to list any Special Ability records...
    Werent they there before?

Hey Sevrick

I downloaded your latest libraries for SW, they dont seem to list any Special Ability records...
    Werent they there before?
    No I didn't add them, not to star wars anyway, because I wasn't sure what to add. I mean any special abilities are already on the species themselves. If you have an idea on a way to use them I am open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    No I didn't add them, not to star wars anyway, because I wasn't sure what to add. I mean any special abilities are already on the species themselves. If you have an idea on a way to use them I am open to suggestions.
    No, its fine... i thought it was an error

-- Combat Tracker: lots of improvements!
    For the GM combat tracker there are a lot of new features:
    - When an NPC o Character is in a vehicle, you can now see the vehicle info.
    - For NPCs, there is also an easy way to roll for vehicle skill check, or even use one of the vehicle's weapons.
    (I will be adding the npcs weapons later too...)
    For now the Player's version of the combat tracker will only display player stats (no npc stats for players to see) but I will implement some new stuff later
    This is really very cool and I am really looking forward to this being implemented for the NPC's weapons. Having those rolls at my finger tips will be a whole new level of awesome and speed for milling through my NPC's turns. "They will learn to fear the blinding turn speed of my minions!"

GMs can now create their own Setting(s), and list the available skills. When a player creates a new character, they will be given the option to select either the Default skills, or one of the Settings available.
    That will populate the character sheet with the skills.

Players can also drag and drop one of the Settings from the settings database into their character sheet, which will also acomplish the same.

If no Setting is available, Genesys ruleset will behave like before, and just populate the character sheet with the default skills
    The Setting application is a great addition! All my hard work trying to figure out how to code these skills is no longer necessary! SWEET! A few things I noticed about it:
    • When the window popped up to choose which set of setting skills to choose from it defaulted to being behind the new NPC window, instead of in front of it. I have no idea how easy a fix this would be but I think it should definitely be pulled to the front of the display if possible.

• A tab in the actual big setting menu to set a skill set as a campaign default would also be very nice so that the window could be dispensed with entirely. Again, no idea how easy that would be to implement.

• IF the first and second options here are not feasible or easy to implement I would suggest that instead of the Hyperlink book on the skills Banner bringing you to the Skills button it would instead bring menu to choose which setting should be applied.

Keep up the great work Johniba and thanks again! Can't wait to see what is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    This is really very cool and I am really looking forward to this being implemented for the NPC's weapons. Having those rolls at my finger tips will be a whole new level of awesome and speed for milling through my NPC's turns. "They will learn to fear the blinding turn speed of my minions!"

The Setting application is a great addition! All my hard work trying to figure out how to code these skills is no longer necessary! SWEET! A few things I noticed about it:
    • When the window popped up to choose which set of setting skills to choose from it defaulted to being behind the new NPC window, instead of in front of it. I have no idea how easy a fix this would be but I think it should definitely be pulled to the front of the display if possible.

• A tab in the actual big setting menu to set a skill set as a campaign default would also be very nice so that the window could be dispensed with entirely. Again, no idea how easy that would be to implement.

• IF the first and second options here are not feasible or easy to implement I would suggest that instead of the Hyperlink book on the skills Banner bringing you to the Skills button it would instead bring menu to choose which setting should be applied.

Keep up the great work Johniba and thanks again! Can't wait to see what is next.
    hey thanks hehe

Those are great ideas, i will see what i can do!

Just created the whole set of skills I use for the Shadowrun Ruleset and added it to the setting to test it out.
    It worked perfectly.

I am using a large screen, so the window actually appeared correctly and not behind the Character window, so everything went well.

Do you think it may be able able to sort this window like the Character sheet window is sorted, per category? May help to make sur you did not miss an import.

On a side note that is not precisely in the scope of this ruleset, but as you are creating it, you or Sevrick might have the answer.
    I would like to add some "rules" easy to open for reference. I can create these as Notes, but i cannot find a way to export notes. Would you happen to have a workaround ?

Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post
    Just created the whole set of skills I use for the Shadowrun Ruleset and added it to the setting to test it out.
    It worked perfectly.

I am using a large screen, so the window actually appeared correctly and not behind the Character window, so everything went well.

Do you think it may be able able to sort this window like the Character sheet window is sorted, per category? May help to make sur you did not miss an import.

On a side note that is not precisely in the scope of this ruleset, but as you are creating it, you or Sevrick might have the answer.
    I would like to add some "rules" easy to open for reference. I can create these as Notes, but i cannot find a way to export notes. Would you happen to have a workaround ?

Thanks again !
    Notes are tied into specific Campaigns, they're not really exportable. I would suggest making Story entries.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post

Thanks again !
    I’m doing the same thing for my WWII Occult Horror game and what I’ve done is I’ve made them as story entries grouped under a number series before the title (1.1 Background info, 1.2 misc. info, etc) so when I export the story entries as a module I can import it into a new campaign, then drag and drop those story entry links onto the notes and it copies the whole entry.

Thread Information