DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    In the current code I am working on, I have just managed to add a feature I know we discussed several times:

Adding Species/Archetype to the character sheet automatically copies from that records all Attributes, Starting XP, Special Abilities, etca, into the character sheet.

This actually will also help me in the future to create a proper "character creation" feature.
    We will soon be able to have the ruleset automatically calculate experience
    That’s awesome, it would make it so much easier on my players if the species/races could do that so I can just upload the ones I want for my setting and they can just drag and drop.

I tried to reproduce this but it did not happen here

In what ruleset is that happening to you, Genesys or Star Wars?

Do you have any library modules opened?

You said you created a new game, you mean a completely new campaign, right?

Can you give me all steps so I can try to reproduce?

Oh also lemme know if you are on FG Classic or Unity

Ah I just found the issue, in FG Unity

I should be able to fix this in no time

I am going to bed, tomorrow I will fix a few other cosmetic issues in FG Unity, and see if i can release something new
    Last edited by johniba; April 4th, 2021 at 08:51.

This is awesome Johniba, really appreciate these updates and looking forward to what comes next.

I am a huge fan of the book icons that link to the respective buttons. I am sure my players will really appreciate that feature! Already it is so much easier to get around while building the character.

The new way that you did the talents is a great start but still there is no easy way to show in the pyramid any talents that are ranked. It can still be done, but the current way the rank is shown makes it difficult to see the "pyramid".

The drag and drop of the critical tokens give me an error message: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_dice.lua"]:1260: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil). Did the fix get baked into this update or do we still need to use Sevrick's work around?

Just as aside, I am running the futuristic theme overlay on the Genesys Classic framework. I am noticing that there are certain fields that have been forced to make their text be black even though other areas default the text color to white. Places that I have noticed this is the case is:
    • The actual vehicles Tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet
    • The word "experience" on the notes tab as well as the numbers generated in total, spent, and remaining boxes in the character sheet
    • The word "initiative" in the combat tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet.
    • the class skill check boxes and the skill rank circles on the Skills tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet.
    • The number in the ranked box on the talents section of the main tab of the character and npc sheet.
    • the story titles in in the story tab.

Sorry to be a pain, this is purely cosmetic, and low priority. That said, I think will go a long way to making this framework play nice with other themes and FG products.

Thanks so much for all the work you are doing on this Johniba and Sevrick.

So far I noticed that Attachments, NPCs, and Tables don't have a Source box.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    This is awesome Johniba, really appreciate these updates and looking forward to what comes next.

I am a huge fan of the book icons that link to the respective buttons. I am sure my players will really appreciate that feature! Already it is so much easier to get around while building the character.

The new way that you did the talents is a great start but still there is no easy way to show in the pyramid any talents that are ranked. It can still be done, but the current way the rank is shown makes it difficult to see the "pyramid".

The drag and drop of the critical tokens give me an error message: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_dice.lua"]:1260: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil). Did the fix get baked into this update or do we still need to use Sevrick's work around?

Just as aside, I am running the futuristic theme overlay on the Genesys Classic framework. I am noticing that there are certain fields that have been forced to make their text be black even though other areas default the text color to white. Places that I have noticed this is the case is:
    • The actual vehicles Tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet
    • The word "experience" on the notes tab as well as the numbers generated in total, spent, and remaining boxes in the character sheet
    • The word "initiative" in the combat tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet.
    • the class skill check boxes and the skill rank circles on the Skills tab on the character sheet and the npc sheet.
    • The number in the ranked box on the talents section of the main tab of the character and npc sheet.
    • the story titles in in the story tab.

Sorry to be a pain, this is purely cosmetic, and low priority. That said, I think will go a long way to making this framework play nice with other themes and FG products.

Thanks so much for all the work you are doing on this Johniba and Sevrick.
    I will start working on the talent and specialization trees soon. I also noticed an issue in FGU where the Talent Tier number is cropped. I am going to fix that.

Criticals: yes the latest update already has criticals and critical descriptions, there is no need for a workaround/extension anymore
    Are you still getting that error, in the new update? Are you using any extensions? FGU or FGC?

Im gonna check that extension and see...
    Although we have some ruleset specific font/image configs, I can see if the fix is easy to do
    Last edited by johniba; April 4th, 2021 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So far I noticed that Attachments, NPCs, and Tables don't have a Source box.
    Ah yes, npcs dont have it yet, I will add that field in the npc sheet today.
    Also will add to those missing databases, thanks

Criticals: yes the latest update already has criticals and critical descriptions, there is no need for a workaround/extension anymore
    Are you still getting that error, in the new update? Are you using any extensions? FGU or FGC?
    I was getting the error both before and after the update, using FGC. Error Script is included above if that helps. Thanks so much.

I will start working on the talent and specialization trees soon. I also noticed an issue in FGU where the Talent Tier number is cropped. I am going to fix that.
    I don't know if it is an easy fix but if it could be set up when increasing the rank of a tier 1 would generate a tier 2 of the same name? Just an idea, no idea if it's practical. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    I don't know if it is an easy fix but if it could be set up when increasing the rank of a tier 1 would generate a tier 2 of the same name? Just an idea, no idea if it's practical. Thanks again!
    What do you think about this:

Lets say I have a Tier 1 Rank 1 talent...
    I drag another copy of the same Talent into the character sheet, from the database....
    The ruleset sees that, and automatically create the new talent there, like you said rank 2 now... so now it lists two lines with the same talent, but one rank1, one rank 2

I think when I do this, it would probably be better to sort the talent list back to Name instead of rank
    Then I can add a summary below talent, showing how many from each tier the character has

You could also have 5 header lines under the Talents section for each Tier, you drop your tier 1 under that section and tier 2 under the next one and so on. But if you drop a tier 1 under the tier 2 or 3 heading it will change the rank to the same tier you put it in. Having a line separating each of the Tiers will make it easy to count how many talents under each tier without needing too much fancy coding for organization

Thread Information