FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    In my opininon, if there is no silhouette info, it means it is a default one, it does not matter.
    So I dont think you need to add them, since it is not needed.

I actually fixed sihoulette and a few other fields that were showing up even when there was no value in the record ( i will be releasing soon)
    Doing some looking I found the 2 following book references on the matter.
    • Page 71 of Savage Spirits. "If not specified otherwise in its riding mount profile, the silhouette is 2.
    • Page 212 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook. "The most important thing to remember is that most characters are silhouette 1.

Looking at the examples of silhouette 1 they provide, they are all humanoid species. Which lead me to believe that the humanoid adversaries are mostly silhouette 1. If it is the case that all adversaries that don't have a silhouette is 1 then there are things that are brought into question like the Carrion Spat on page 19 of Suns of Fortune, which says in description:

"Once tamed and used to both saddle and rider, carrion spats make excellent mounts, especially in rough or mountainous country where their innate sense of balance and wide-splayed feet allow them to move through. broken terrain with ease."

Yet there silhouette is not listed. That would make them a silhouette 1 and un ridable, despite the description. The key wording in savage spirits I think is "riding mount profile". I suppose that I could assume all adversaries with no silhouette would be 1 and if it has any mention or hint of being ridable in the description, up it to 2. Also I do think that having an actual place besides special abilities for silhouette would be better.
    Last edited by sevrick; March 16th, 2021 at 13:58.

For now I am going to just use my best judgement, other wise I will never release the updated libraries. If we feel the need to change it later I can. I just want to get it out there, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    For now I am going to just use my best judgement, other wise I will never release the updated libraries. If we feel the need to change it later I can. I just want to get it out there, lol.
    I trust on your judgement, you did a really good research and are much more familiar with all the data

By the way, the next release I will have those "Source Book / Page" fields... so we can use them instead of description. I think that will make your like easier to export without description (I am also looking at an easy way to specify you dont want description exported)

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I trust on your judgement, you did a really good research and are much more familiar with all the data

By the way, the next release I will have those "Source Book / Page" fields... so we can use them instead of description. I think that will make your like easier to export without description (I am also looking at an easy way to specify you dont want description exported)
    That sounds awesome. BTW while you are figuring out how to export. See if you can apply it to story entries. I have made a little demo for Refrence Manuals and what it would look like. I only did this for Suns of Fortune. If it was possible to export entire story entries people could add full page text from the books on their own time and not have to worry about updates overwriting it.

I know in the past this came up and I decided not to do it because it might be too much trouble. Since you have come up with a way to import export descriptions it might not be such a pain anymore.

By the way, the next release I will have those "Source Book / Page" fields... so we can use them instead of description.
    So what if you've put that text in for personal use?

And is the specialization tree's coming soon, or should I continue to put them in as text?

Updated Libraries

Edge of The Empire Libraries
    • Added Suns of Fortune source Book (With a demo of what it could look like when the Reference Manuals are added)
    • Add Blast Knucklers from Dangerous Covenants
    • Removed Descriptions from Species Abilities.
    • Changed Drugs and Poisons category to Drugs, Poisons, and Consumables
    • Added Silhouette sizes to creature stat blocks when not given. (I had to use some judgement calls in this area. Let me know if you think a silhouette should be changed.)
    • Gave mount and Juvenile stats to creatures that did not have them.

Age of Rebellion Libraries
    • Fix Anti-Personnel Mine Typo
    • Added a some missing Juvenile versions of creatures.

Force and Destiny Libraries
    • Change all Lightsaber Attachments Equipment Type from Either Lightsaber or Lightsaber Crystal to Weapon. (It turns out you can't drag an attachment on to a weapon otherwise)
    • Fixed NPCs with tags on them describing a problem.
    • Made small changes to mount stats.
    • Added a several missing Juvenile versions of creatures.

Very cool Sevrick. Thanks for all the hard work on this!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    So what if you've put that text in for personal use?

And is the specialization tree's coming soon, or should I continue to put them in as text?

Oh no you can continue to use Description sure, I only mean that, for sharing modules publicly, like the ones Sevrick does, it will be easier for him to not send descriptions...

I will not be releasiong the spec trees in the next upload, I am afraid.
    I am though adding quite a few things, like some other missing fields in the sheets, vehicle on combat tracker, and also hopefuly on the Party Sheet.

After I fix these things, I will add specializations and spec trees

I'm starting to fill in all the descriptions because I'm going to run a Weird Wars style game soon and I was wondering if there was anyway to edit the critical hit chart. I don't see it anywhere and when I apply a crit it rolls on a hidden chart but has no description of the effect and it would be a pain to look it up every time. Is there some way in the game to do it or make a rollable table visible to the GM to edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I'm starting to fill in all the descriptions because I'm going to run a Weird Wars style game soon and I was wondering if there was anyway to edit the critical hit chart. I don't see it anywhere and when I apply a crit it rolls on a hidden chart but has no description of the effect and it would be a pain to look it up every time. Is there some way in the game to do it or make a rollable table visible to the GM to edit?
    Ok I have added a Geneys Critical Hit Descriptions extension to the Genesys extensions folder. Although it is just a template and will have to be edited manually by you.

What you need to do is:
    1. Open the extension as a zipped folder and extract it to some where on your computer.
    2. Go to the extracted files and navigate to data_common_genesys.lua that should be in the scripts folder.
    3. Open it with notpad or notpad++.
    4. Search for critical_injury_result_data
    5. From there you will see all the critical injuries listed there. Replace everything in-between <p> and </p> with your own descriptions. It will say something like, "See page 115 Genesys Core Rulebook." by default.
    6. Once your done save and select all the files in the extracted folder right click and select "Send to" then "Compressed (zipped) folder".
    7. Rename it what you want then click off it.
    8. Next change the .zip to .ext if there is a prompt say yes.
    9. Finally move that file that to your extensions folder in Fantasy Grounds.

When you load up you campaign look for the extension "Genesys Critical Hit Descriptions" and check it and you should be good to go.

Also keep in mind things might change based on how Johniba updates the ruleset and you might have to re-enter them should any significant changes be made to the "data_common_genesys.lua" file.
    Last edited by sevrick; March 18th, 2021 at 13:52.

Thread Information