DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    The party sheet as I understand it is for dividing out loot for the players. Also I have a freighter, a speeder, and Repulsar lift the holds 10 encumbrance. Need more than just one place. Also with an inventory you could total encumbrance. You would also be able to get as detailed as you like by haveing locations.
    There is another good idea. Party sheet, that actually calculates encumbrance. Again not sure what sort of wizardry this requires or if it's messing with core, but as long as we are comparing notes for desired features...

Hey folks,

I'm sorry, I was unable to find the information I'm looking for in the 124 pages of this thread:

Is there a way for me as a GM to add dice to my players' dice pools? So as I add setback dice and challenge dice, I can combine my pool with theirs for the roll?

At this point, all I've been able to find is the Dicepool Tracker.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm sorry, I was unable to find the information I'm looking for in the 124 pages of this thread:

Is there a way for me as a GM to add dice to my players' dice pools? So as I add setback dice and challenge dice, I can combine my pool with theirs for the roll?

At this point, all I've been able to find is the Dicepool Tracker.

Thanks
    Currently there is no way to do that, but you just game me an idea!

For now, you need to tell the player to add the dice.

You can monitor and see players dice pools: right click the dice pool bellow chat, and there is an option to see dice pool from players.

I will see what i can do to add a feature so GMs can add dice to their pools

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Currently there is no way to do that, but you just game me an idea!

For now, you need to tell the player to add the dice.

You can monitor and see players dice pools: right click the dice pool bellow chat, and there is an option to see dice pool from players.

I will see what i can do to add a feature so GMs can add dice to their pools
    Haha, glad my question was inspirational!

Thanks for getting back to me so fast; I'm running my first (ever) session of Edge of the Empire tonight, and wanted to check just to make sure.

If I might ask, there's one feature that would be very handy and that would be the ability to add bonuses to modified equipment that automatically add itself to a dice pool.

This would most apparently come out in things like weapons, either modified or with inherent special features providing boosts or setbacks as needed.

However, the thought occurred to me that maybe a special feature could be added to the Inventory as well at some point. Imagine there being a special button available on the inventory list outside of Number, Encumbrance, and so on, maybe a die button like what you have on the Combat page for weapons. Clicking this button could perhaps do one of two things - either it would use the appropriate skill with modifications added or (and I think this might be better) just add the relevant modifier to the dice pool.

Say, for example, you have a special medical piece of equipment that reduces the difficulty of a task. You need to make a Hard Medicine roll, so you set up your dice pool, but you remember to use that piece of equipment. Clicking the die would take away one Difficulty die. Likewise if it was a piece of equipment that simply added a boost to your roll, that's what it would do instead.

Another idea: how to add armor and shield effects to a situation. Right now it seems there is no way to have the armor or shield setback die directly affect a die roll. Instead, you have to remember to add it yourself.

BUT, what if the Combat Tracker was modified so that after the damage is rolled and you drag the damage over to the appropriate character, the appropriate Setback die or dice are rolled and the damage reduced appropriately (plus a revised result shown on the text screen, which would be important since it might affect whether or not they get a critical). Would that be doable?

The fun thing about that is that it would actually remind players that those shield/armor dice exist, but also would directly show you whether it was responsible for saving your bacon (keeping you from hitting your wound threshold, or preventing a crit from happening)

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    If I might ask, there's one feature that would be very handy and that would be the ability to add bonuses to modified equipment that automatically add itself to a dice pool.

This would most apparently come out in things like weapons, either modified or with inherent special features providing boosts or setbacks as needed.

However, the thought occurred to me that maybe a special feature could be added to the Inventory as well at some point. Imagine there being a special button available on the inventory list outside of Number, Encumbrance, and so on, maybe a die button like what you have on the Combat page for weapons. Clicking this button could perhaps do one of two things - either it would use the appropriate skill with modifications added or (and I think this might be better) just add the relevant modifier to the dice pool.

Say, for example, you have a special medical piece of equipment that reduces the difficulty of a task. You need to make a Hard Medicine roll, so you set up your dice pool, but you remember to use that piece of equipment. Clicking the die would take away one Difficulty die. Likewise if it was a piece of equipment that simply added a boost to your roll, that's what it would do instead.

Another idea: how to add armor and shield effects to a situation. Right now it seems there is no way to have the armor or shield setback die directly affect a die roll. Instead, you have to remember to add it yourself.

BUT, what if the Combat Tracker was modified so that after the damage is rolled and you drag the damage over to the appropriate character, the appropriate Setback die or dice are rolled and the damage reduced appropriately (plus a revised result shown on the text screen, which would be important since it might affect whether or not they get a critical). Would that be doable?

The fun thing about that is that it would actually remind players that those shield/armor dice exist, but also would directly show you whether it was responsible for saving your bacon (keeping you from hitting your wound threshold, or preventing a crit from happening)

It has always been my plan to add automation, something that will get die and symbols, and add and subtract them automatically to a roll, based on an item's properties, talents, or effects.

I am of course currently adding missing features, things we need either in the character sheet and/or combat tracker, and I still have the plans to add those automations

HOWEVER.... your post actually gave me an idea, something that will be in between a completely automatic system (imagine the dnd5 ruleset and how it automates a lot of stuff), and not having things...

Your idea is really good, maybe I can make those visual reminders, so of course in the future the ruleset itself could handle lets say, adding automatically dice and modifiers to the dice pool or the roll, BUT, if I add buttons to the equipments, and even maybe a quick list of modifiers (for example, talents, effects etca) that would remind players, so that they could click it, add to the roll...

And when they roll, below the results, a quick reminder showing what was added (a description of the modifiers)

Yes your ideas are actually gonna help us have a better Quality of Life while playing!

So I know, its been quite some time now since i released something, and i will soon, but let me say, thanks for these suggestions, because I believe I can come up with something like you are suggesting, quite soon...

I am making notes so i will work on this after i release the "missing fields and vehicle support" update

Glad to have been inspiring, but can you clarify the mechanic you're talking about for compromise solution?

Would it be like shooting your modified blaster and the die roll not only comes up but a notification on the screen reminding you "Add Boost Die for Smart Targeting" (for example)?

Would you have to both set up your Medicine roll first and then go to your Inventory and click on your "Special Medkit X" and it would tell you straight away what the bonus is, which you then modify manually?

Just trying to visualize what you have in mind.

Hello, When I install the Star Wars Theme in the above collection there's not change to the Class, Spells, Backgrounds, Races and Feats icons, Have I downloaded something incorrectly?

Those categories were added (believe) after the theme was created and I don't think the theme has been updated to latest version.

When I use the Genesys ruleset, I keep getting an error in FGU a special ability on a character it says:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "referencerraicialtrait"]:5 attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
    Last edited by sevrick; February 20th, 2021 at 14:22.

Thread Information