STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Johniba, you do know major changes are coming to the CoreRPG ruleset? I think the changes are being driven by changes to the core engine as well. Please make sure you check out the recent threads in the Laboratory to make sure you know what's coming. I would have for an active ruleset like this to be caught by surprise.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Johniba, you do know major changes are coming to the CoreRPG ruleset? I think the changes are being driven by changes to the core engine as well. Please make sure you check out the recent threads in the Laboratory to make sure you know what's coming. I would have for an active ruleset like this to be caught by surprise.
    Hi,

Yes I will make sure to keep up to date in the news over there.

One good thing is that while developing this ruleset I made sure to avoid touching any core code...
    I do have a few places, but they are easy to update. From the beginning my idea was to not mess around with core

P.S.: Tested today and so far, the ruleset is already compatible and working with the test updates.
    I have some small things to make it behave like core and other official rulesets after the changes (for example, the "add (+)" button needs to be always visible, but the good news is that not messing around with the core code is paying off...

I will keep an eye on the development to make sure we go through a smooth transition with genesys and star wars rulesets, as soon as the updates go live
    Last edited by johniba; February 7th, 2021 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabriel View Post
    Any plans to add modifiers? We're running into a LOT of situations that would be nice to have something that automatically adds Setback dice to rolls, etc.
    YEs that will be added later on.
    I am focusing on adding missing fields to the character sheets, and finishing up the vehicle support for combat tracker, and after we are no longer missing basic features, i will work on adding quality of life and automations

You are the best Johniba! Really appreciate the work you are doing! Thanks so much! Ran my first session using the system and it handled everything we threw at it. Looking forward to whatever and whenever comes next!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    You are the best Johniba! Really appreciate the work you are doing! Thanks so much! Ran my first session using the system and it handled everything we threw at it. Looking forward to whatever and whenever comes next!
    Thanks a lot!
    Remember to make notes for suggestions... most of the best features always come from those

Notes for quality of Life updates based on gameplay:
    1. Would be very nice to be able to drag and drop die pool configurations from the character sheet to the quickbar. We have a melee guy and unless he's fighting a nemesis his dice pool will always be two difficulty.
    2. Actions, that can be dragged and dropped from one sheet to another like spells in the 5e framework, I have mentioned before would be very nice.
    3. When effects are up and running not only will that be extremely helpful but would start to feel like we are really using a luxury product.
    4. Having a window pop up when an attack roll generates (A)(A) or more is rolled if the weapon used has an activated ability (ie. Blast, or stun) would be very cool. (no idea what the coding for that looks like but offering suggestions).
    5. Targeting and auto damage calculation - Soak = wounds applied (probably a long way down the list, but I had a player ask about it last session so i'll mention here).
    6. One thing i ALWAYS forget is applying Setback for defense. If there is a way targeting can cover that so that I don't have to manually remember to tell the players to add a setback if their target has ranged or melee defense 1 would be amazing.
    7. One thing I did notice (and i hope this wont cause trouble for Sevrick) for items, the price field is accepting commands for dice [D] (S) and converting them into the dice symbols. Cool and all and I love that we can do that but it causes a problem when you are inputting items that are Forbidden. Restricted is fine and (R) looks like it should. (F) of course renders as the failure symbol and adds a little confusion. For now everything forbidden is typed ( F ).
    8. Personal and vehicle tokens seem to be connected to a table that does not exist. I have the tables populated elsewhere but perhaps a way to drag and drop the tables into the tokens once we populate our own onto the tokens so that there are no issues with copyright? (no way am I an expert of that).

If you'd prefer these suggestions to be put into a DM let me know, but I will certainly continue making suggestions for these as we come across things in game. Thanks again for all you are doing!
    Last edited by Xarax; February 8th, 2021 at 18:43. Reason: formatting

I know I mentioned it before but the thing I am looking forward to is vehicles with their own inventory. I am in a game right now where my characters inventory is getting bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I know I mentioned it before but the thing I am looking forward to is vehicles with their own inventory. I am in a game right now where my characters inventory is getting bloated.
    Party Sheet Inventory for the win! Anything the party doesn't have on them in assumed to be on the vehicle aka in the party sheet inventory. That will be nice though!
    Last edited by Xarax; February 9th, 2021 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Party Sheet Inventory for the win! Anything the party doesn't have on them in assumed to be on the vehicle aka in the party sheet inventory. That will be nice though!
    The party sheet as I understand it is for dividing out loot for the players. Also I have a freighter, a speeder, and Repulsar lift the holds 10 encumbrance. Need more than just one place. Also with an inventory you could total encumbrance. You would also be able to get as detailed as you like by haveing locations.
    Last edited by sevrick; February 9th, 2021 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    The party sheet as I understand it is for dividing out loot for the players. Also I have a freighter, a speeder, and Repulsar lift the holds 10 encumbrance. Need more than just one place. Also with an inventory you could total encumbrance. You would also be able to get as detailed as you like by haveing locations.
    We will have individual inventory for each vehicle... i only need to make sure i dont screw up, since vehicles can be shared, it will mean you will be able to move an item from a character into someone else's vehicle.
    I am thinking of a way to make it easy to find stuff, i will see...

Thread Information