DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 282 First ... 210111213142262112 ... Last
    Oh... no need really found that you can right click on d12 and select optional dice dForce and it will roll the Force Dice to generate Destiny Pool! You did an amazing job! Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Oh... no need really found that you can right click on d12 and select optional dice dForce and it will roll the Force Dice to generate Destiny Pool! You did an amazing job! Thank you again!
    Ah yes i kept that code! i thought right in the beginning of developing this that it could help later to update star wars

New version!

RELEASE NOTES

1 - Added critical rolls
    Use the desktop token, drag it into chat and a crit roll will be executed (but will not be applied to anyone)
    Drag it into a character, and the crit result will add a critical injury to the character.

Wounds and Strain
    Added tokens to drag wound and strain to characters.
    It has exactly the same functionality from SW ruleset:
    - Right click for menu: choose the shield icon to toggle if soak will be subtracted from the damage input or not

Weapon items
    When creating a new weapon in the Item database, notice the following:

- In the Type field, type "Weapon" so you will be presented with extra fields related to weapons

- Skill field: you have to type EXACTLY the skill name
    Examples:
    a) Melee
    b) Melee (Heavy)
    c) Ranged
    ... etca

I will later make this easier, but for now, make sure the skill description is exact

- Damage field:
    There is a small difference from SW rulesets:
    Typing a simple number will tell the ruleset later when rolling the dice, that damage is "flat" (for example ranged weapons do flat damage)
    If you type a "+" sign before the number, it will tell the ruleset that damage should be the value PLUS the character's Brawn characteristic
    For now, in the damage result when rolling, the ruleset will only calculate damage+extra damage from the roll, and will remind you to add + Brawn
    Later I will make this automatic.

You can Drag weapons into a character inventory, and then click the "Equiped" icon to make sure it lists the weapon as Equiped
    This way, the weapon will show in the Combat tab, in the character sheet.
    If you go there, you can roll combat dice

You can also create Items directly in the player inventory.
    The only difference is that it will not go into the database, it will be for the character only

TODO:
    - Automatically update Defense and Soak in the character sheet if you have equiped armor
    - Make NPC sheets workable.

The current ruleset does not have the npc database working properly yet

Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; February 5th, 2020 at 02:55.

It's such a great time to be a Fantasy Grounds and Genesys fan. I have been adding the Geneyes Core book as a reference to FG. Sadly I can't up load it since that would be a major copyright infringement, but if you have the PDF it should be easy enough to do it yourself, to anybody interested in doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    From what i saw so far, it doesnt seem like it supports that. You can choose a font type and color for an object (text box, button, etca) but not per character in the text. It could be something hackable and i will certainly try, but i dont want to give false hope :P
    It’s not hackable - as the symbols are basically letters in a font. As you say, displaying a string within a control can only have one colour for the whole string.

Keep up the great work!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When dragging the die from a weapon on the combat tab I get an error that says a bunch of times:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/weapondicepool.lua"]:28 attempt to index local 'weaponnode' (a nil value)

Also something that might be good to add, since you are going add items adding soak and defense to the character, is a temporary soak and Defense or a misc soak and defense bonus. For like barrier spells and such. Maybe it's something that goes in the effects section instead though.

Lastly is the items good to go as far as me adding items to the modules?
    Last edited by sevrick; February 5th, 2020 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    When dragging the die from a weapon on the combat tab I get an error that says a bunch of times:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/weapondicepool.lua"]:28 attempt to index local 'weaponnode' (a nil value)

Also something that might be good to add, since you are going add items adding soak and defense to the character, is a temporary soak and Defense or a misc soak and defense bonus. For like barrier spells and such. Maybe it's something that goes in the effects section instead though.

oh yes forgot drag... double clicking is working though

Let me double check items, and i will see if i can give the green light.

I have just fixed the combat drag issue... you can download again.

About items:

Yes it is ready to go, just remember a few things:

Item fields:
    - Type: this is an important field. value "Weapon", and "Armor" will display fields related to that.
    if type is anything else, only common fields are displayed.
    I think that could be used for creating "fluff" items, for example torch, food, etca... items that dont have mechanical rules, but are used roleplaying
    Or for example, items from Terrinoth like "Alchemist's kit", backpack, bedroll, etca...

- Subtype: as far as i know, it is only important for now for armor and weapons.
    If you for example give a weapon a subtype, lets say, "Melee", "Ranged", "Melee Heavy".... when in the items window, if you click the Weapons button, a window with a weapons list is shown, and the items will be separated by their subcategory
    Give it a try, and see how that and the group thingie works!

Items window: Groups

You can edit and create groups... the group you have selected before you create an item, will be that item's group
    I still dont know what classification should be used, maybe you can think of a good one.

- Text field above "Setting"
    This is the description field. For weapons, this field is also displayed in the combat tab in the character, under the item itself
    I think for now for weapon for example, it could display special powers, maybe quality properties for now?
    In the future, i would like to expand this

For other items, lets say potions, it could be used to describe how it works mechanically:
    "This potion gives the drinker extra strenght for two turns..." for example
    But remember, do not type that into the .mod file you will share, leave as "look at page xxx"
    It is fine if you do in the file you will use personally.
    Last edited by johniba; February 5th, 2020 at 13:49.

Awesome I will get to work right away. So I was wondering about the whole misc armor thing I mentioned in my last post. Would that be an effect?

Awesome I will get to work right away. So I was wondering about the whole misc armor thing I mentioned in my last post. Would that be an effect?
    Abou those temporary effects, I think i will later add as conditions
    You may notice that in the combat and main tab, where talents, criticals are displayed, i recently removed that conditions.
    It was something from warhammer, i am not 100% sure it is used in sw, and i will check, but one think i believe it could be used, is for those temporary conditions

So in the future, we could create those...
    Imagine a spell gives a particular temporary effect like you said, maybe it add 2 soak for 2 rounds.
    We could add to everyone a condition for that, and the effect would be added for 2 rounds.
    Maybe even the combat tracker, when a round is changed, will automatically decrement those rounds from the condition

I think this is something we can improve in a new version of the ruleset, after i am done with the basics

But it is a great use for conditions!

I am also thinking of creating a spells tab...
    So we know spells are dinamic, but the books say players are free to create their own spells
    Maybe a player wants to create a personalized spell, or just record in his sheet one combination he is particular to cast frequently...
    he could record it in his "spellbook"
    Maybe each spell entry would list the dice involved, description, skill check, and under effect, we could enter conditions...
    Those conditions, when the spell is successfuly cast, could be distributed to players or npcs

But i will leave that for later, we can brainstorm this after we are done with 1.0

So for now, i would say players will have to track their soak and armor, and temporary increments on those, before they receive damage.
    No big deal, since on tabletop you will usually need to know these things anyway hehe
    BUT the future is bright for our ruleset!

Thread Information