STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Orc Tavern View Post
    2. I have had players with different levels of visual disability - the one thing all of them agree is that the lateral bar on characters sheets on FG are absurd. It is too small to read, and they usually just memorize the order. So having a specific field on the first page would be very helpful. Leaving the description in other hand on another tab leaves us with more space for information on the first page. No one needs to read the description of their duty or anything concept related all the time, rarely once or twice after character creation.
    I don't particularly mind where on the character sheet this goes, but it does make sense to have the ability to put the description inside a button that can be opened from the sheet wherever it gets put. Saves space elsewhere on the sheet (no sense having the information written down somewhere and then have to go hunting elsewhere on the sheet to find it) and someone with more skill with this thing then me can eventually include a table where hopefully the Duty, Obligation, etc can be automatically either rolled for or dragged and dropped onto the character sheet.

Edit: Is there a reason why skills are not sorted alphabetically?
    I too would like the ability to toggle between organizing the skills between organizing the skills alphabetically and organizing the categories alphabetically, organizing the attributes used alphabetically and organizing the skills based on how large or small the dice pool is. I have no idea how much work is involved in this for Johniba, but if it is a simple fix this is a feature I would love to see.

So I'm testing it in Unity and I have two unwanted things happening I notice straight away and can't seem to switch off. The first is very bad dice rolling sound FX... which I can live without. The second is this...

Screenshot 2020-12-05 12.30.21.png

Why is there text above the dice roll icons and results? It clutters things up! Is this just a Unity thing or the last update or is there something I can do to turn it off?

Personally I would prefer if each one had their own field, their own Header. I would put them in the notes tab exactly like the Ideals/Bonds/Flaws from D&D 5E, and maybe only one field at the first page, the Motivation Field with only the name and value for Duty and Obligation.

Let me give you my reasoning, since I believe that is the important part.

1. The one thing that makes things looks better in my opinion, is a "proper field". The feeling that something is cannon/official comes from everything having their own place. Recently, during a character creation session with my players, all of them preferred to build their characters in Ogg Dude and them just copy them here. I don't like that, I want them to get involved and excited with FGU/SWmodule. I want them to be proud they have access to this. I do understand why they did it. A better library for now comes in hand, but I think if we give each part their own field, would be a step forward. I think players need to love and trust their sheets, and so in the balance of: content fields x the better it looks lies what we are searching for.

2. I have had players with different levels of visual disability - the one thing all of them agree is that the lateral bar on characters sheets on FG are absurd. It is too small to read, and they usually just memorize the order. So having a specific field on the first page would be very helpful. Leaving the description in other hand on another tab leaves us with more space for information on the first page. No one needs to read the description of their duty or anything concept related all the time, rarely once or twice after character creation.

Questions:

1. Is there a place on the sheet to write down specializations?

2. I remember reading somewhere, many months ago that Unit would give us the opportunity to change the font in the same line, like letting me change from Headers to list or whatever without changing the entire line. I don't see here this. Did they forgot about that, a better editing/formatting tool, or am I missing something?

Edit: Is there a reason why skills are not sorted alphabetically?
    Thank you for your feedback.
    This is in my opinion one of the most important things people can do here to help me.
    I am not a designer, and also I can only extrapolate some things from personal experience, and so feedback and explanations like these are very important.

OK, so lets break this down:

1 - Not yet. I am currently adding missing information like obligation, motivation etca, and later I will add specializations
    Initially it will be just a place to list what specs your character has, but I will later create the spec tree. I want it to replicate how you see it in the official sheets, and in the books, so it becomes second nature using it.

2 - You cannot change a font, like you would do in a text editor, like selecting a different typefont and size. When formatting and creating rulesets, one type of field we can make is named formatedtext.
    This formatedtext is a multinine box (like the ones you will see in descriptions in records like talents, items etca, and also the notes field in the character sheet.)
    For those fields you as a user can right click and change the formatting in words and paragraphs, like changing characters to bold, italic, bold-italic... and also changing paragraphs to Title, lists, and a few others.
    It is not as feature rich as an editor, and personally i would really like FG to give us more flexibility, but this is what we have.

So, if you see a multiline field in the genesys/star wars ruleset, try right clicking and see if it gives you the option to format things, but bear in mind, this is something we have to code, we need to explicitly make a field a formatted text field.

About the skills list:
    It is still undergoing changes.
    Initially I had all skills listed alphabetically, later I changed to order by Category first, and alphabetical by name second.

Have you seen how skills are listed in the old star wars ruleset? I wanted to go back to that, to make them separate lists by categories
    But hearing your feedback on separate columns for things in the sheets, makes me thing about this even more, if I should do it or not.
    Maybe I could add a button to allow players to choose if they want all skills listed alphabetically, or if they want by category

On the matter of separate fields and lists for motivation, obligation etca, dont worry that is what we will have.
    Also most important of all, remember this is not set in stone.
    As soon as I release something, please check it out, and give me your feedback

The idea is to make something that people will fully enjoy.

You also mention like how people now prefer to build their character on external apps like the ogg website, and I can totally understand
    But like you said, yes it is my intention to make this something that will compel people into creating their char directly into the ruleset.
    The idea being that once you start it up, you will not feel the need to use anything else to create your char, or play.

For now we dont have any calculations on experience, or anything, but believe me when I say it is in my plans, and the way I design the data structure and the code, take into consideration this next step in the development, soon

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    I don't particularly mind where on the character sheet this goes, but it does make sense to have the ability to put the description inside a button that can be opened from the sheet wherever it gets put. Saves space elsewhere on the sheet (no sense having the information written down somewhere and then have to go hunting elsewhere on the sheet to find it) and someone with more skill with this thing then me can eventually include a table where hopefully the Duty, Obligation, etc can be automatically either rolled for or dragged and dropped onto the character sheet.

I too would like the ability to toggle between organizing the skills between organizing the skills alphabetically and organizing the categories alphabetically, organizing the attributes used alphabetically and organizing the skills based on how large or small the dice pool is. I have no idea how much work is involved in this for Johniba, but if it is a simple fix this is a feature I would love to see.

So about the obligation, duty....
    I am currently moving talents to their own tab, like it was before, and the "front" or main page of the sheet will list motivation, obligation, duty etca only

For those, what we will have is something like this:

Imagine each of the one above will have a header (like that blue header bar), and bellow it, the list
    For the list, we will have fields:

For example for obligation, we will have the columns:

Name
    Magnitude (numeric field)

We will also have a button that once clicked, will open a window with more details, this is where you have the big description field, where you can explain what that obligation means in detail, for example

For Skills, so I will see how I can add a way to make the user able to choose how they want it listed, but for now maybe I can go back to displaying as alphabetical?

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    So I'm testing it in Unity and I have two unwanted things happening I notice straight away and can't seem to switch off. The first is very bad dice rolling sound FX... which I can live without. The second is this...

Screenshot 2020-12-05 12.30.21.png

Why is there text above the dice roll icons and results? It clutters things up! Is this just a Unity thing or the last update or is there something I can do to turn it off?
    That text is very annoying, and from what Moon Wizard explained, cannot be toggled off.
    Althoutgh they said it cannot be removed, I want to make further tests later and see if I can trick FGUnity to hide that. For now I am sorry, we have to live with it.
    For dice sounds, someone told me it could be toggled off? I need to see if I can find out how to do it.

YEah, that text is very annoying and i really hate it that we dont have an easy way to turn off

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    For Skills, so I will see how I can add a way to make the user able to choose how they want it listed, but for now maybe I can go back to displaying as alphabetical?
    Personally Alphabetically was best for my view but the ability to choose that on the fly would be a great feature. That said, feel free to put it at the bottom of the list as I know there are still a bunch of other projects in program that you are working on. Thanks again @johniba!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    That text is very annoying, and from what Moon Wizard explained, cannot be toggled off.
    Althoutgh they said it cannot be removed, I want to make further tests later and see if I can trick FGUnity to hide that. For now I am sorry, we have to live with it.
    For dice sounds, someone told me it could be toggled off? I need to see if I can find out how to do it.

YEah, that text is very annoying and i really hate it that we dont have an easy way to turn off
    Oh, so those are Unity specific issues... got it. Hopefully you'll learn of a way around it

I couldn't find a dice sound toggle myself. It doesn't seem to be an issue in any of the menus.

Thanks for all the feedback, and just wanted to thank you for your continuing efforts on this. Looking forward to what comes next!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Personally Alphabetically was best for my view but the ability to choose that on the fly would be a great feature. That said, feel free to put it at the bottom of the list as I know there are still a bunch of other projects in program that you are working on. Thanks again @johniba!
    Alphabetical is best, but also clustered by groups. The way Star Wars has it (General, Knowledge, Combat) is fine. It would be nice if there were headers above each category for quicker visual reference (or trying to fit in two columns so we can see everything at once).

As a short term solution... what if the Combat category was renamed Weapons? That would shunt it to the bottom of the page and feel more like the standard character sheet order? If I were to edit that way myself, it shouldn't have any impact on anything, right?

Updated Libraries

Edge of The Empire
    • Added appropriate subtype to each ship weapon.
    • Renamed the Twi'lek Special Ability to match that of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook.
    • Changed Plentary Defense Force Trooper from having 3 frag grenades to 2.
    • Added page number for Jetpack Vehicle.
    • Linked Captive Rancor vehicle stats to NPC stat.

Age of Rebellion Libraries
    • Changed the subtype of Frag Grenade, Missile Tube, Stun Grenade, and Thermal Denotator to "Explosives and Ordinance".
    • Removed Extra instance of Repli-Limb Prosthetic (organ)
    • Add missing entry in Superior Armor Customization. (Use With).
    • Added appropriate subtype to each ship weapon.

Force and Destiny Libraries
    • Add Force and Destiny Core Rulebook Libaries

Suggested Changes/Additions
    • Add a type filter for NPCs for a search. This would be used to filter NPCs such as Creatures, Imperial Forces, Droids, etc.
    • Add a Silhouette stat. Normally I would say to just put it in the abilities area but having it's own entry would prep for automation comparing size differences, etc.

You will see some tags at the end of names of NPCs. This is temporary until I decided how to fix them or am waiting on a fix.

Also I will remove the "No Des" from everything when an exporting/import feature is available.

I will hold off adding more until there is a place for me to add a source. That way I wont have to go back and add it later. I will still have to go back and add it for the core rulebooks though.

Also it would he a good idea to have a box next to the source for a page number. That way people could still have a page reference and a description.
    Last edited by sevrick; December 9th, 2020 at 20:35.

Thread Information