DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Hey everyone, so I would like to get your opinion on this as it will change how i develop motivations, obligation etca

Look at the example screenshot.
    I am currently reworking the main tab, which will include what was in the Abilities one, and also initiative, experience, but most importantly, it will show Motivation (and also obligation etca for Star Wars)

For Motivation, and the other Star Wars fields, I was not sure if I should break down the description into two fields, for example like:

Type: Desire
    Description: lalalalala

Or if I leave how it is in the screenshot.

The main difference is that if it is a single text, people would have to enter the type of motivation in the description (like in the screenshot), but if I separate into two fields, they would type that separately, and in the list view, it would be two columns (like for example how skills are)

What do you all think?

motivation.PNG

I could also release it this way, as one field, we could test it and change if needed (easier to add a field than remove, as it would not clutter the database, but it is a small thing really)

I like the two fields idea, and to be honest the more places where text formatting and bullet points can be done the better.

Looks nice, but it lacks a place to indicate the motivation's value.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    ^^This. Star Wars uses a numerical value to determine whether or not an obligation, duty and (I can't remember the force and Destiny one) comes up that particular session. These also are in flux so they need to be able to be changed quite easily. Maybe put 2 fields in experience (1 for earned xp and one for spent xp) and extend out the motivation tab to fill out the rest of the character sheet right under the Experience. More space to type, less cramped, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    That example is from genesys, yes the star wars one will have the motivations value field

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    ^^This. Star Wars uses a numerical value to determine whether or not an obligation, duty and (I can't remember the force and Destiny one) comes up that particular session. These also are in flux so they need to be able to be changed quite easily. Maybe put 2 fields in experience (1 for earned xp and one for spent xp) and extend out the motivation tab to fill out the rest of the character sheet right under the Experience. More space to type, less cramped, etc.
    Yeah I am still on the fence if adding that on the right side was a good idea
    Adding more fields like type, value... will make more sense to move initiative and experience somewhere else. I will rework this

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Yeah I am still on the fence if adding that on the right side was a good idea
    Adding more fields like type, value... will make more sense to move initiative and experience somewhere else. I will rework this
    Also having the talents on this page rather than having their own, I can see it getting cluttered real fast. Not sure how far along you are from specialization trees but I know if I put my star wars character on this sheet it would be a sea of talents.

BTW I am for the format:
    If talents were moved to it's own tab it would give more room for this as well.

One other thing. Either Equipment type for attachments need to be expanded to allow Lightsabers and Lightsaber Crystals or add a subtype for attachments.
    Last edited by sevrick; December 4th, 2020 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljmendoza View Post
    Also, where in settings do I do this?
    It's in the Advanced tab in Settings. There's also a chat command /ui

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also having the talents on this page rather than having their own, I can see it getting cluttered real fast. Not sure how far along you are from specialization trees but I know if I put my star wars character on this sheet it would be a sea of talents.

BTW I am for the format:
    If talents were moved to it's own tab it would give more room for this as well.

One other thing. Either Equipment type for attachments need to be expanded to allow Lightsabers and Lightsaber Crystals or add a subtype for attachments.

Hi Sevrick

Makes sense.

I willl remove talents from that tab, add it back to the abilities tab (rename it probably to talents)
    And also add those things you mentioned

Personally I would prefer if each one had their own field, their own Header. I would put them in the notes tab exactly like the Ideals/Bonds/Flaws from D&D 5E, and maybe only one field at the first page, the Motivation Field with only the name and value for Duty and Obligation.

Let me give you my reasoning, since I believe that is the important part.

1. The one thing that makes things looks better in my opinion, is a "proper field". The feeling that something is cannon/official comes from everything having their own place. Recently, during a character creation session with my players, all of them preferred to build their characters in Ogg Dude and them just copy them here. I don't like that, I want them to get involved and excited with FGU/SWmodule. I want them to be proud they have access to this. I do understand why they did it. A better library for now comes in hand, but I think if we give each part their own field, would be a step forward. I think players need to love and trust their sheets, and so in the balance of: content fields x the better it looks lies what we are searching for.

2. I have had players with different levels of visual disability - the one thing all of them agree is that the lateral bar on characters sheets on FG are absurd. It is too small to read, and they usually just memorize the order. So having a specific field on the first page would be very helpful. Leaving the description in other hand on another tab leaves us with more space for information on the first page. No one needs to read the description of their duty or anything concept related all the time, rarely once or twice after character creation.

Questions:

1. Is there a place on the sheet to write down specializations?

2. I remember reading somewhere, many months ago that Unit would give us the opportunity to change the font in the same line, like letting me change from Headers to list or whatever without changing the entire line. I don't see here this. Did they forgot about that, a better editing/formatting tool, or am I missing something?

Edit: Is there a reason why skills are not sorted alphabetically?
    Last edited by Wise Orc Tavern; December 5th, 2020 at 11:17.

Thread Information