Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    ok

    I am prioritizing:
    - party ship
    - career specs
    - missing features in the main sheet(obligation etca)
    - automatic success, failure, etca...

    If you have a link for the extension, let me know
    What is the Treasure section of the character sheet intended for? Right now I'm using it to track credits and obligation, but there are more fields than that.

    Will the party ship be addable to the individual vehicle pages of characters? And will it be linked so that if I add damage on one sheet it shows up in all?

    For some reason when I add a player token to a map from a character sheet it won't bring up the character sheet when I click it. Only if I drag it from the combat tracker. Intentional?


    Some spitballing. In theory, couldn't all XP spent be tracked when actually raising stuff like skills and talents? Like if a character is locked in at creation and you raise your piloting from 3 to 4 as a career skill, it would only allow it if you have 20 unspent XP and then mark it off?

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    For some reason when I add a player token to a map from a character sheet it won't bring up the character sheet when I click it. Only if I drag it from the combat tracker. Intentional.
    From what I understand, that is how it works other offical rulesets such as pathfinder and dnd 5e. I could be wrong.

  3. #1083
    All effects and targeting happen through the combat tracker. Dragging a token directly from your character sheet creates an unlinked copy of the token only. If you want to actually track combat stuff and effects then you need to add all your players to the combat tracker and then drag from there to the map.

    You should have no reason to remove them anyway so you could just leave them there and clear the initiative values after combat.

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    All effects and targeting happen through the combat tracker. Dragging a token directly from your character sheet creates an unlinked copy of the token only. If you want to actually track combat stuff and effects then you need to add all your players to the combat tracker and then drag from there to the map.

    You should have no reason to remove them anyway so you could just leave them there and clear the initiative values after combat.
    Thanks, guys. I'll remember that. The more I play with it the more I figure out. We decided to move ahead with the conversion early, so I expect to have more questions

  5. #1085
    Star Wars Ruleset Question
    As I have been adding more and more content I am starting to see with multiple sources clutter up the groups. I also realized that your campaign stuff goes here as well and it can be hard to find your stuff in the sea of groups that are created. Especially if you have all 3 modules active. So I was thinking what if we renamed "Setting", that currently isn't being used, and rename it to "Source". Then allow all the categories to be filtered by Source and that way it wouldn't clutter the groups.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 24th, 2020 at 03:38.

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Star Wars Ruleset Question
    As I have been adding more and more content I am starting to see with multiple sources clutter up the groups. I also realized that your campaign stuff goes here as well and it can be hard to find your stuff in the sea of groups that are created. Especially if you have all 3 modules active. So I was thinking what if we renamed "Setting", that currently isn't being used, and rename it to "Source". Then allow all the categories to be filtered by Source and that way it wouldn't clutter the groups.
    We can definitelly add a filter for setting, and I can rename it to Source if needed, but I always thought setting would be like "Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny..." anyway.
    I am soon adding a feature that will allow us to have skill list based on setting.
    Looking at the old ruleset it was hardcoded, if you character belonged to one of the 3 main settings (or call it whatever), the skills were listed as needed.
    Since I am always taking into consideration genesys, I am developing in a way both will benefit

    I would use Setting as such... imagine as if you would with genesys ("Terrinoth, Android...."), but as i described with the 3 star wars settings.

    Now for the groups, I understand it will start to get bigger, but that is quite common, for example, with Dnd5
    I have A LOT of DND5 content, and I actually dont mind the big list

    So what I propose is... lets see how it goes.
    After you finish with 3 libraries, lets test and discuss this.

    I can always change it like you said, or maybe in another way we can think about


    Now, about the next release

    I still need a lot of work to make the specialization trees to work, so what i will do is finish more stuff and release this weekend possibly, some other things

    I have fixed the issue in FGU with fonts and the star wars symbols (I actually found out the hard way that internally FGU handled international code differently) and also improved readability
    I will later recreate the fonts again... I always look at DND5 as a reference, and I will be frank, I still dont like how FGU displays fonts, but the last patches have done a lot with readability.

    I will probably recreate the fonts again sometime in the future, but for now, the current build i am working on, I think looks a lot better!

    I will also add some new features *morality, obligation etca) and see if i can activate the vehicles showing up in the combat tracker

    I am also almost done with the ability to add advantages, disad, success etca, as requested, in the dice pool

    So, lots of small fixes, and nice things coming soon, and this will allow me to feel better having released things, and focus on the big challenges, like spec trees

  7. #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    What is the Treasure section of the character sheet intended for? Right now I'm using it to track credits and obligation, but there are more fields than that.
    Yeah, you got it right

    For the treasure section, you mean in the character sheet, right?
    So those are to input money.
    The "boxed" field is the description of the monetary value (credits, dollars, etca) and the underlined field is where you enter values.
    This is default in core and other rulesets

    The big underline after that is a catch all field, you can use to describe other stuff that are not inventory items or money, or anything else you need to keep track that does not have a place yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Will the party ship be addable to the individual vehicle pages of characters? And will it be linked so that if I add damage on one sheet it shows up in all?
    Yes. I have developed the vehicle system taking this into consideration
    Imagine that the active ship in the character sheet is directly linked to the vehicle node.
    If more than one player have it opened, anything updated in that vehicle will imediatelly update for all players to see, since they are already looking at the same node.
    This is very different from how it works in the old ruleset, where the vehicle was a node inside the character sheet, and as far as i know, i havent seen any rulesets doing it this way


    This is how it will work:
    - In your inventory you will have a section for:
    Your ships (this is already in the version you are using)
    Public ships (these will be other PC ships that are shared)
    Party Ships

    So you will be able to mark one of your personal ships as "public"
    If you do that, the ship will be displayed in the "Public Ships" list, for all other players

    In the Party Sheet, the GM will be able to have one of more ships, think of this as permanent public ships

    Now, for any of the above ships, if you make it your current ship (clicking ENTER SHIP), it will display the ship stats in your vehicle tab

    And YES, if you drag damage into the character sheet, it will automatically damage the current ship, be it yours, or a public ship

    This will also be very useful when i manage to let GM and players drag a ship into the combat map.

    Imagine that you are in your ship, you have made it public, and two other friends entered it

    That ship token will be ONE token on the map.. The token will display a small icon for each ship member, so visually you know who is in the ship
    This will be very useful for a lot of things, including distributing damage to ship crew, like in critical damage....

    So when i am developing, some things are not yet done, but the code and database i am already laying the foundation for the advanced stuff i just described.



    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    For some reason when I add a player token to a map from a character sheet it won't bring up the character sheet when I click it. Only if I drag it from the combat tracker. Intentional?
    Working as designed, this is how FG works

    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Some spitballing. In theory, couldn't all XP spent be tracked when actually raising stuff like skills and talents? Like if a character is locked in at creation and you raise your piloting from 3 to 4 as a career skill, it would only allow it if you have 20 unspent XP and then mark it off?
    So, us humans imagine how it works, but translating to code is a big more complicated.
    There are sure a lot of ways to do it, but the way i am designing, i think, will be good.

    I dont want to complicate the character sheet with a button where the player will have to decide if the char is in character creation mode, or not.
    What i thought about is internally i will have child nodes that will break down what skills came from experience, what came from talents, career

    This will also help tremendously with the specialization tree.

    I will explain it more in detail when i am actually doing it, since for now, it is only on paper, and will probably improve before i put it on code.
    Last edited by johniba; November 24th, 2020 at 21:35.

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Seems very sensible. Can't wait!!!

    As for the extension, I believe this is the one that works: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ebox-Extension

    I hope this helps.
    YES, this helps a lot!
    I will be adding this feature to the ruleset and i think it will be available on the next release

  9. #1089
    Why not just make the character sheets universal? I mean why make Edge of the Empire character sheets different from Age of Rebellion sheets. If you are a Hired Gun you don't have to take lightsaber because it is on the character sheet. On the other hand he may branch into one that has it.

    If it is about Obligation, Duty, and Morality, you can technically have all 3 anyway.

    Maybe I am missing somethings. I will go ahead and do what you had in mind. I assume it will tie into the code in the long run.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 24th, 2020 at 23:39.

  10. #1090
    I think so as well, universal sheets are the way to go. I have players with all three - Obligation, Duty, and Morality.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in