DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Djas Puhr View Post
    Hey there! I was more asking about adding libraries that are already made. Sadly, I wouldn't know where to begin to make my own libraries or adventures.

As it stands right now, all I think I could get to work is maps and tokens, character sheets, the dice roller, and the basic library for the EotE core stuff in the link of the first post of this thread.

Does the combat tracker work to track initiative and effects on characters?

Are attacks and wounds automated like in a regular D&D game on FG? Sorry for the somewhat noobish questions, just trying to figure out what I can and cannot do with this so I know what I need to work on.

The combat tracker does work with the Star Wars / Genesys mechanics for initiative. Effects are done using Fantasy Grounds default way, so you can add effects to pcs/npcs that are in the tracker.

The ruleset does not handle targetting yet, and so, it cannot apply damage to a targetted enemy, automatically. I will later implement that.
    Currently, there are a few ways you can apply damage.
    After you do a combat roll, you can either drag the damage result into the enemy in the map or combat tracker, or you can drag the damage token (which is a feature i copied from the old EoTE ruleset

Also notice there are tokens for critical damage you can drag into enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I have mentioned to Johniba a while back about adding an adjustable distance calculator... so to speak. Much like when you have the tokens locked and you want to move in Dnd or Pathfinder. It shows in feet but something might be done to change that to short, medium, Large, etc depending on how many squares you move. With the possibility of a way it to define how many squares = short range, how many for medium range, etc for purposes of maps with different scales.
    Yes, that is one of the ideas i want to explore, see if I can add configurable distances... so lets say, you could configure in the ruleset that a particular distance is short, long etca

Quote Originally Posted by Djas Puhr View Post
    Hey there! I was more asking about adding libraries that are already made. Sadly, I wouldn't know where to begin to make my own libraries or adventures.

As it stands right now, all I think I could get to work is maps and tokens, character sheets, the dice roller, and the basic library for the EotE core stuff in the link of the first post of this thread.
    Tomarrow I will work on a tutorial video on how best to do it. I did start to write instructions but I think a video will be much easier to explain.

Thanks again guys! If there's anything I can be of assistance with please do not hesitate to ask. I will continue to play around with it and advise if I pick up any issues. Looking forward to the vid Sevrick!

I have a question on making a library. I want to add all the skill descriptions from my copy of pdf’s but if I export them it doesn’t export the skills from the ruleset after I change the descriptions. It seems like I would need to make my own skills and export them but the character sheet skills would not link to my new ones with the full descriptions.

Is there a way I can edit the descriptions of the skills permanently in the ruleset or have an exportable module so I can keep the work across multiple campaigns?

I had a chance to test some stuff with friends, one on a Mac, the other a PC, both on Classic. We were just playing around with the sheets, getting a feel for it for an eventual transfer.

I should note that both of them had issues upon arriving that rendered it unuseable, but in both cases restarting FG fixed it. First time installation jitters, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I have a question on making a library. I want to add all the skill descriptions from my copy of pdf’s but if I export them it doesn’t export the skills from the ruleset after I change the descriptions. It seems like I would need to make my own skills and export them but the character sheet skills would not link to my new ones with the full descriptions.

Is there a way I can edit the descriptions of the skills permanently in the ruleset or have an exportable module so I can keep the work across multiple campaigns?
    I will cover that in the tutorial video I am doing.

New Tutorial Video Added

Lol I made the video only to find out it was on my 4k monitor so it ended up being 2.3 gigs. I will have to figure a way to get it to you or reduce the size.

Edit: Ok I compressed it and put in a new Video Tutorial folder. Let me know if anything was unclear. It isn't exactly professional quality but it should get the information need across.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 13th, 2020 at 00:27.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Lol I made the video only to find out it was on my 4k monitor so it ended up being 2.3 gigs. I will have to figure a way to get it to you or reduce the size.

Edit: Ok I compressed it and put in a new Video Tutorial folder. Let me know if anything was unclear. It isn't exactly professional quality but it should get the information need across.
    Hey Sevrick, why dont you upload it to youtube?
    I can upload, in case you dont have a channel

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Sevrick, why dont you upload it to youtube?
    I can upload, in case you dont have a channel
    Yeah good idea. It's uploading now. I will remove the video from the cloud.

Thread Information