DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    I'm guessing it's not likely, but is there any easy way to transfer the Edge of the Empire character sheets from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset) to this ruleset? Or am I in for a lot of legwork?
    Possible yes. Practical No. I don't think it would be worth the time that would be taken away from working on the ruleset it self.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    I'm guessing it's not likely, but is there any easy way to transfer the Edge of the Empire character sheets from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset) to this ruleset? Or am I in for a lot of legwork?
    Sorry, there is no way to import those.
    In the beginning I was designing this ruleset to have the same data structure, but later in the process I saw it was holding me down on some new features.

Not to say it is not possible to write down code to convert it later, but i cannot afford time to work on something like that now, i am afraid

Thanks for your work on this Johniba, it looks excellent.

So in order to make dice pools so far, I click on the dice to add them to the die field and then hit the button to roll, is this the right way to do this?

Also, a few general questions for anyone who might know:

1) Is there a list of features somewhere to show what can be done particularly with this system?

2) Since the movement is abstract in nature, do most people use grids on maps to snap the tokens?

3) Also, has anyone found a way to import library information aside from the EotE stuff on the first post?

Thanks guys.

Since ranges are abstract, I have this setup in photoshop, where I can easily change the background to fit the story:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5htwx89yi...ample.jpg?dl=0

Although I have idea regarding maps, but I have nothing firm in mind yet, sooo... Anyways. The above example has worked quite well so far in my star wars adventures. I hope this will inspire you.

Vires Animi

Interesting. So those range band fields are an overlay you put on top of an image?

While I realize that image may be an example, do you use pictures as maps? I can see where it might work with the right image.

In figuring out the range bands, is the distance for "medium range" measured from one "Medium" to the opposing "Engaged", or from one "Medium" to the opposing "Medium?" Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djas Puhr View Post
    2) Since the movement is abstract in nature, do most people use grids on maps to snap the tokens?
    I personaly don't use snap to grid but that is just me.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 12th, 2020 at 00:25.

3) Also, has anyone found a way to import library information aside from the EotE stuff on the first post?
    Are you talking about making your own libraries? Or you talking about adding descriptions to the libraries?

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Since ranges are abstract, I have this setup in photoshop, where I can easily change the background to fit the story:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5htwx89yi...ample.jpg?dl=0

Although I have idea regarding maps, but I have nothing firm in mind yet, sooo... Anyways. The above example has worked quite well so far in my star wars adventures. I hope this will inspire you.

Vires Animi
    I have mentioned to Johniba a while back about adding an adjustable distance calculator... so to speak. Much like when you have the tokens locked and you want to move in Dnd or Pathfinder. It shows in feet but something might be done to change that to short, medium, Large, etc depending on how many squares you move. With the possibility of a way it to define how many squares = short range, how many for medium range, etc for purposes of maps with different scales.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 12th, 2020 at 01:08.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Are you talking about making your own libraries? Or you talking about adding descriptions to the libraries?
    Hey there! I was more asking about adding libraries that are already made. Sadly, I wouldn't know where to begin to make my own libraries or adventures.

As it stands right now, all I think I could get to work is maps and tokens, character sheets, the dice roller, and the basic library for the EotE core stuff in the link of the first post of this thread.

Does the combat tracker work to track initiative and effects on characters?

Are attacks and wounds automated like in a regular D&D game on FG? Sorry for the somewhat noobish questions, just trying to figure out what I can and cannot do with this so I know what I need to work on.

Thanks for your work on this Johniba, it looks excellent.

So in order to make dice pools so far, I click on the dice to add them to the die field and then hit the button to roll, is this the right way to do this?

Also, a few general questions for anyone who might know:

1) Is there a list of features somewhere to show what can be done particularly with this system?

Thanks guys.
    Yes, but you will usually want to add difficulty dice, and others, before you roll

1) Not yet, actually I will soon record a video, showcasing what we have so far. I was going to do it after i finish working on missing features, but I feel like I should do it before that, and maybe re-record as I add stuff

2) Not sure, but that is one aspect I want to see what i can improve, in the future.. I was thinking maybe adding graphical representations for distance, maybe tokens or arrows, i dont know, havent thought too much about this yet

3) I am afraid there is no easy way to import libraries from EotE ruleset.
    If you dont have a lot of customizations, I would suggest you download the library that Sevrick has implemented. It contains data from the EotE book, so you would only need to recreate your custom npcs, and pcs

Thread Information