DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    The commit Force Die. There is Actual 4 force symbols
    (+): Light Pip
    (-): Dark Pip
    [F]: Light/Dark pip
    ??: Commited Force Die

Any force power that has a committed force die has it. As before the Proficiency [P] comes closest because they are both 10 sided dice. Having a solid white 10 sided die for the symbol would work while keeping the Proficiency die [P] the same.
    Commit Force Die:
    Attachment 49293
    Proficiency Die:
    Attachment 49294
    [F] is the force die. Do we need a distinct symbol also to represent dark+light?

I mean well, if in other websites and books the force die is represented like you showed, I can see what we can do
    The big problem is how we are restricted to black and white, we cannot represent them in colors.

I am concerned that the white dice you linked is surely going to be confused a lot with proficiency

Let me see if i can come up with some "mock ups" and we can see if it is going to work
    Last edited by johniba; September 27th, 2021 at 04:49.

Do we need a distinct symbol also to represent dark+light?
    I'd say "no". The seperate Light and Dark symbols was a thing in the early books, but was replaced with the general Light+Dark symbol entirely later on. It simply means Force Die. You can literally just replace any old symbol with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    [F] is the force die. Do we need a distinct symbol also to represent dark+light?

I mean well, if in other websites and books the force die is represented like you showed, I can see what we can do.
    Ok now I am confused. Those images were screenshot streight from the offical books. We already have the force pip representing both light and dark pips. That is [F]. And that is great. But there is a big difference between that symbol and the Force Die.

The [F] symbol represents the choice you have when you use a force power. You can use light or dark. They changed to this symbol in later books when they knew more accurately how the light and dark force pips worked. It used to be just (+) and (-) which we have already as symbols. More about this on page 21 of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook.

The Force Die
    This represents the force die it's self, not the white/dark pips on its face. ie Enhance when you use it for ongoing effect to give you increased Brawn or agility. I use commited force die because that is where it comes up most when talking about it. The rules for the committed force die are on page 282 of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook. Much in the same way you have a[D] representing the Difficulty Die and have (F), (T), and (D) for the symbols on the face of that die. You have the Force Die [Insert new Symbol here] and the symbols on it's face representing [F].

The reason I am looking for a this symbol to be added is when we add descriptions that symbol is going to come up whether you are entering a the description of a Force Power or Adding the books through Author. Since the Light/Dark Symbol aka [F], don't mean the same thing it could get confusing if we used that where ever it talks about a Force Die

As far as having a sold white symbol for The Force Die symbol and just the outline for a Proficiency, that was just a suggestion, I will leave that to you.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 27th, 2021 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I'd say "no". The seperate Light and Dark symbols was a thing in the early books, but was replaced with the general Light+Dark symbol entirely later on. It simply means Force Die. You can literally just replace any old symbol with the new one.
    Not so. There are some abilties that specify specifically that you use light side you get x result you use dark side you get y result. For example Overwhelm Emotions Talent found on page 141 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook. It wouldn't work if you just replaced all those light and dark symbols with dark/light symbol.

Also it doesn't mean the Force Die. More accurately it means the coice of either light or dark as a result when either one will work.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 27th, 2021 at 15:48.

Yeah, the text will say if it is a dark side power or something. I think what you're saying is true for some of the early work and thus it might be confusing when the new symbol was introduced. I haven't come across anywhere where using the new symbol and replacing the old one's, caused any problems whatsoever, understanding exactly what a given talent / power would do.

I mean. I don't care one way or the other much really. I'm just going to use the new symbol, but if others need the old one's, I am not going to stop you. Different strokes for different folks and all that. And i do like options!

EDIT: Just hand another gander. Yeah. It does not mean force die, but force point. Which is what I meant to say, but failed to do correctly.
    Last edited by viresanimi; September 27th, 2021 at 16:14.

Yeah, the text will say if it is a dark side power or something. I think what you're saying is true for some of the early work and thus it might be confusing when the new symbol was introduced. I haven't come across anywhere where using the new symbol and replacing the old one's, caused any problems whatsoever, understanding exactly what a given talent / power would do.

I mean. I don't care one way or the other much really. I'm just going to use the new symbol, but if others need the old one's, I am not going to stop you. Different strokes for different folks and all that. And i do like options!

EDIT: Just hand another gander. Yeah. It does not mean force die, but force point. Which is what I meant to say, but failed to do correctly.
    It's not just in early material but is all through the Force and Destiny Core. ie battle meditation and bind Masterys to name a few.

However it is a bit off topic. We have those symbols
    Last edited by sevrick; September 27th, 2021 at 17:07.

So here is an idea:

[F] - I will have to replace the symbol with another to represent the Force Die. It will still be [F], so for now, use [F] for force die, ok?
    When I update the fonts, any descriptions where you used [F] will automatically show the new die symbol

For the other case, of representing the dark/light pip... we need an official name for this, and I will create a new code substitution.

So far here is the challenge:

There is no way to make the new Force die a "total white" icon, due to how the ttf in black and white represents that character
    So the proficiency symbol is already white (because we cannot have a yellow one), and it is the way it is, because there is actually no white... only either black or nothing... so it needs to be like it is: a hexagon line, empty inside

I was thinking, how can i represent the force die in a way it will be recognizable, and wont be confused easly with proficiency?

I have done two mock-ups, please check the attachment.

New Force Die Symbol.png

So here is an idea:

[F] - I will have to replace the symbol with another to represent the Force Die. It will still be [F], so for now, use [F] for force die, ok?
    When I update the fonts, any descriptions where you used [F] will automatically show the new die symbol

For the other case, of representing the dark/light pip... we need an official name for this, and I will create a new code substitution.

So far here is the challenge:

There is no way to make the new Force die a "total white" icon, due to how the ttf in black and white represents that character
    So the proficiency symbol is already white (because we cannot have a yellow one), and it is the way it is, because there is actually no white... only either black or nothing... so it needs to be like it is: a hexagon line, empty inside

I was thinking, how can i represent the force die in a way it will be recognizable, and wont be confused easly with proficiency?

I have done two mock-ups, please check the attachment.

New Force Die Symbol.png
    Hm I see what you mean. Dang the limitations of FG. If it was between those 2 I would say the 1st, since at a glance you could confuse it with the [F].

If you can add letters how bought keep the same as the Proficiency and add an F inside it..
    Last edited by sevrick; September 27th, 2021 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Hm I see what you mean. Dang the limitations of FG. If it was between those 2 I would say the 1st, since at a glance you could confuse it with the [F].

If you can add letters how bought keep the same as the Proficiency and add an F inside it..
    I will try that
    Need to see if it will be visible enough or too small
    Tonight I will try it

I will try that
    Need to see if it will be visible enough or too small
    Tonight I will try it
    This is my first test (attached image)
    The F is very faint and thin... I will try tomorrow to make it more visible if possible

The good news is that I fixed all issues with symbols not aligning with other text, specially bold text

It is working in FGU but for some reason not in FGC... but i will fix this one also for sure

Testing Force Die.PNG

Thread Information