DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Ok guys the Edge of the Empire Library should be available again. Sorry about the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Unfortunately it is not 100% clear in most cases.
    In my opinion named characters would be off limits.
    That would mean Boba Fett is off limits. But perhaps Mandalorian is ok? Well "The Mandalorian" has been trademarked. Twenty one times.
    Not selling and not making money do not change the situation.

If I was making the module I would not use any named characters.
    By this logic, Death Star, X-Wing, and just about everything else with a name (Jawa, Wookie, etc) would fall under that category, would it not?

Honestly if you're going to go down that path, it will never end until you're left with "Galaxy Conflict" as a name.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    By this logic, Death Star, X-Wing, and just about everything else with a name (Jawa, Wookie, etc) would fall under that category, would it not?

Honestly if you're going to go down that path, it will never end until you're left with "Galaxy Conflict" as a name.
    It comes down to whether Disney fells like it is a big enough deal to send their lawyers after you . I am 99% sure Disney isn't going flip out if some makes a star wars adventure and shared it, and happened to have the name Luke in it. Likewise with the name of wookie and bantha. I suspect the more it effects Disneys pocketbook the more their eyes would be upon what you are doing. Though this isn't always the case. Just look at the You Tube videos that were flagged by Nintendo, sometime back, when content creators were making let's play videos. Though they have gotten a little less strict about this, this is where the other 1% comes in. Disney may just one day decide those pesky RPG players need to stop using the name Luke in their adventures they are sharing and there would be nothing we could do. I am not worried about this because they also have to consider PR and what effect doing this would have on the community as a whole.

Where the rubber meets the road is Cease and Desist orders. If you get one of those you know they are serious about what you are doing with their license.

Should I get word from Fanyasy Grounds staff definitively I cant do "X", I would then comply obviously.

What I think Dammed was saying more or less be careful with those names. Probubly because they may watch those high profile names more closely than the generic ones.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 17th, 2022 at 15:04.

I thought you should know that the tables for the various items isn't working. When click on the table filters it comes up blank.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I thought you should know that the tables for the various items isn't working. When click on the table filters it comes up blank.
    Thanks, I will work on this

EDIT: testing DnD5 and their tables (although showing items) look broken.
    I wonder if this is a known bug, I will have to check the forums
    Last edited by johniba; January 20th, 2022 at 23:14.

I have three questions:

1. A party ship was high on the to-do list on the last post I could find. Is it working, yet? If so, I can't seem to find it. If not, is going to be like the one in Classic - where it has its own ship-shaped icon above the chat?

2. I'm testing combat for my campaign before switching over from Classic. The fewer places a player (and GM) has to look for things that affect a character, the smoother it runs, but I know there's also a threshold of information on the screen that becomes jumbled and messy. However, I'm finding it really cumbersome to have to switch back and forth between the Action tab and the Main tab when running mock combats, so I know it'll be a problem when I bring in my players. How difficult would it be to put a character's combat stats (Soak, Thresholds, Defense) at the top of the Action tab?

3. In Classic, there's a button to roll remaining Force dice where a character's Force Rating is listed. Could that be re-implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    I have three questions:

1. A party ship was high on the to-do list on the last post I could find. Is it working, yet? If so, I can't seem to find it. If not, is going to be like the one in Classic - where it has its own ship-shaped icon above the chat?

2. I'm testing combat for my campaign before switching over from Classic. The fewer places a player (and GM) has to look for things that affect a character, the smoother it runs, but I know there's also a threshold of information on the screen that becomes jumbled and messy. However, I'm finding it really cumbersome to have to switch back and forth between the Action tab and the Main tab when running mock combats, so I know it'll be a problem when I bring in my players. How difficult would it be to put a character's combat stats (Soak, Thresholds, Defense) at the top of the Action tab?

3. In Classic, there's a button to roll remaining Force dice where a character's Force Rating is listed. Could that be re-implemented?

1 - Party ships is the feature I am working at the moment, and should be available real soon.
    You may have seen how vehicles currently work, but here is a quick explanation:
    - Each character can have multiple ships (this is in the inventory tab)
    - In that inventory tab, you can "enter" one of those vehicles.

What I am adding now are two things:
    - Each character will be able to share one of more of their vehicles.
    - Shared vehicles will also display in the inventory tab of all characters and can be activated just like one of their own. This means that effectivelly, more than one character can be in the same vehicle.

In addition to this, in the Party window, the GM will be able to add "party vehicles"
    Think of these as permanently "shared" vehicles.

This in my opinion is vastly more flexible than the old ruleset (the one you call classic)

I am still finishing the code for the party window, and this should be released soon.

2 - I like your suggestion, and I will add the core stats to the actions tab.

Also, have you tested the combat tracker? Did you add npcs and pcs there?
    In the combat tracker you can see in a summarized way all the core stats from pcs and npcs...

In the case of npcs you will also be able as a GM, to have access to all the npc actions.
    If it is the active npc, this section will show up automatically, but you can also toggle these (in the icons to the right of the core stats)
    You can also toggle and expand stats and weapons for vehicles, if the pc/npc is piloting one.

All of this is very similar to what you described to me, except for PC actions.
    I decided not to add those, as most of the time each player will be responsible for rolling their on pc actions.

3 - I am still thinking of how to implement that. I feel like the way it is shown in the old ruleset it is not very practical.
    Force dice will usually be rolled together with other actions, but if you or someone else explains to be how it would be still useful to have the "old" feature, I can also add that.
    Last edited by johniba; January 22nd, 2022 at 07:03.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    1 - Party ships is the feature I am working at the moment, and should be available real soon.
    You may have seen how vehicles currently work, but here is a quick explanation:
    - Each character can have multiple ships (this is in the inventory tab)
    - In that inventory tab, you can "enter" one of those vehicles.

What I am adding now are two things:
    - Each character will be able to share one of more of their vehicles.
    - Shared vehicles will also display in the inventory tab of all characters and can be activated just like one of their own. This means that effectivelly, more than one character can be in the same vehicle.

In addition to this, in the Party window, the GM will be able to add "party vehicles"
    Think of these as permanently "shared" vehicles.

This in my opinion is vastly more flexible than the old ruleset (the one you call classic)

I am still finishing the code for the party window, and this should be released soon.

2 - I like your suggestion, and I will add the core stats to the actions tab.

Also, have you tested the combat tracker? Did you add npcs and pcs there?
    In the combat tracker you can see in a summarized way all the core stats from pcs and npcs...

In the case of npcs you will also be able as a GM, to have access to all the npc actions.
    If it is the active npc, this section will show up automatically, but you can also toggle these (in the icons to the right of the core stats)
    You can also toggle and expand stats and weapons for vehicles, if the pc/npc is piloting one.

All of this is very similar to what you described to me, except for PC actions.
    I decided not to add those, as most of the time each player will be responsible for rolling their on pc actions.

3 - I am still thinking of how to implement that. I feel like the way it is shown in the old ruleset it is not very practical.
    Force dice will usually be rolled together with other actions, but if you or someone else explains to be how it would be still useful to have the "old" feature, I can also add that.
    1. I like how vehicles work in this new FG Unity ruleset. I think the ability to add a vehicle to the group inventory so they can share it across sheets sounds great. Honestly, it's the kind of functionality I've always wished we had in FG Classic.

2. I've played with the combat tracker a lot and I definitely like it more than the old one as a GM. However, several players use laptops, so their screen real-estate is precious. I rarely ask them to have a map, their character sheet, and the combat tracker all open at the same time (on top of which they're also juggling Zoom and sometimes Discord). I run the game from a desktop with two large monitors and I'm always happy to handle the tracker for them. My players will definitely use the character sheet as-is, but I know they'll like it more if they can mostly stay on the Action tab during combat.

3. True, there are a fair number of Talents that allow rolling Force dice along with a skill check - but almost ALL Force Power checks require rolling solely your available Force dice. We've been using the FG Classic Star Wars ruleset for a long-running all-Jedi campaign and they love having a single place where they can track how many Force dice are committed and a button to roll the remaining Force dice. At least one PC has used that Force die roll button almost every single session twice a month for close to three years. Admittedly, that's anecdotal and could be unique to the campaign I run, but we genuinely use it all the time. In this ruleset, there's already a field for tracking Total, Committed ("Spent"), and Available Force dice, so it stands to reason that adding a button to roll those Available dice would make that section more useful. However, I also know next to nothing about coding, so I honestly have no idea how difficult it would be to implement.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; January 22nd, 2022 at 10:57. Reason: spelling and grammar

On the topic of "screen real estate", could you perhaps size down the Dice Pool window a bit? It is far too massive for what it has to display. I understand that it is so large due to being tied to the Party Sheet, but it would be nice if it were smaller.

Thread Information