STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Ok. Does restoring still share every sheet that has a description? I made that mistake once and had to go through every record in that campaign and remove sharing. If it still does I will hold off till something is in place before testing it.
    It does share all records, it is the only current way to make sure players will be able to have access to the descriptions.
    If you dont share a record, they can only see the original values in the modules.
    Is that such a big trouble, having the records shared?

One other thing while working on the Genesys typos and stuff. I decided to add a link from Parcels to the description in careers. These parcels would be filled with the starting equipment lists suggested in Realms of Terrinoth.
    My question is: If I export parcels with no descriptions checked will the items in the parcels still have descriptions. I only ask this because I noticed that Items that are put into a parcel seem to be copies of the item from the data base and not referencing it.

Lastly I decided to not wait till the next Star Wars library update to release the Genesys Library fixes. I will get those out ASP. I didn't realize how much need to fixed.

Parcels: I did not handle records in that table so for now, do not share parcels. I will add that to the code that works on descriptions there.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    It does share all records, it is the only current way to make sure players will be able to have access to the descriptions.
    If you dont share a record, they can only see the original values in the modules.
    Is that such a big trouble, having the records shared?

Parcels: I did not handle records in that table so for now, do not share parcels. I will add that to the code that works on descriptions there.
    No I guess not when I really think about it. The only reason for me to ever use the restore function would be to update all the descriptions to the NPCs items automatically. I am probably getting confused with sharing records in a campaign used solely for exporting and sharing records in a current campaign I am playing in. My 1st reaction is that it would clutter up the players data base would be cluttered, but I think I may have been wrong.

As far as Parcels will do.

As far as Parcels will do.
    I just thought Sevrick,
    You can export parcels, as long as you make sure they dont contain descriptions in their items, ok?

I am already updating the code to handle parcels descriptions automatically later, both for removing descriptions, and for backup/restore

Updated Libraries

Genesys Core Rulebook
    • Fixed Typos dealing with the Item sources

Realms of Terrinoth
    • Fixed typos dealing with the sources
    • Added riding beast NPC record.

Genesys Expanded Players Guide
    • Changed Source for Species to be more consistent with the rest of the library.
    • Moved Setting information out of the description box on the Tactical Strider vehicle and put it in it's proper place.

@johniba something to throw on the pile if possible: what about a function to take the items used in an encounter and export them to a parcel? Sure you can just drag and drop everything but it be cool to do it all with a few clicks.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @johniba something to throw on the pile if possible: what about a function to take the items used in an encounter and export them to a parcel? Sure you can just drag and drop everything but it be cool to do it all with a few clicks.

Thanks again!
    Thanks, writting this down to check later

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Johniba made a video about the feature which can be found here

Hope it helps Bazutti!
    I created some items that I exported and then included that module in our game. However, I can't get the descriptions to follow for some reason. The descriptions for things like talents and skills all carried over, but for some reason the items I created did not. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    I created some items that I exported and then included that module in our game. However, I can't get the descriptions to follow for some reason. The descriptions for things like talents and skills all carried over, but for some reason the items I created did not. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
    I would suggest you keep those two things separate:

Have a campaign created only to add descriptions to those shared libraries from sevrick, and another one where you create items and other objects yourself.
    Since you have your own objects, you dont have to worry about not exporting those with their descriptions, you dont need to worry about that.

So, when you open a new campaign to play, you would:
    - open sevrick's libraries
    - open your exported library with your created objects
    - open your exported library containing the database descriptions you edited in that special campaign you created only for adding descriptions
    - and finally, go to the backup descriptions table, and hit Restore, which will restore descriptions to those records from sevrick's library

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I would suggest you keep those two things separate:

Have a campaign created only to add descriptions to those shared libraries from sevrick, and another one where you create items and other objects yourself.
    Since you have your own objects, you dont have to worry about not exporting those with their descriptions, you dont need to worry about that.

So, when you open a new campaign to play, you would:
    - open sevrick's libraries
    - open your exported library with your created objects
    - open your exported library containing the database descriptions you edited in that special campaign you created only for adding descriptions
    - and finally, go to the backup descriptions table, and hit Restore, which will restore descriptions to those records from sevrick's library
    Ok I will give that a shot! Are we able to drag dice pools to the hotbar yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    Ok I will give that a shot! Are we able to drag dice pools to the hotbar yet?
    Not yet, I am sorry
    I am currently working on making sure the rulesets are compatible with the upcoming big change in the end of the month, and also finishing the party vehicle/vehicle sharing

After that I am working on talent trees, but right after that, i will revamp the actions system, allowing among other things, to drag them to the hotbar.
    Currently the only ones that can be dragged to the bar are Power actions.

Thread Information