Joshua Stream Pre
    Ok guys the Edge of the Empire Library should be available again. Sorry about the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Unfortunately it is not 100% clear in most cases.
    In my opinion named characters would be off limits.
    That would mean Boba Fett is off limits. But perhaps Mandalorian is ok? Well "The Mandalorian" has been trademarked. Twenty one times.
    Not selling and not making money do not change the situation.

If I was making the module I would not use any named characters.
    By this logic, Death Star, X-Wing, and just about everything else with a name (Jawa, Wookie, etc) would fall under that category, would it not?

Honestly if you're going to go down that path, it will never end until you're left with "Galaxy Conflict" as a name.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    By this logic, Death Star, X-Wing, and just about everything else with a name (Jawa, Wookie, etc) would fall under that category, would it not?

Honestly if you're going to go down that path, it will never end until you're left with "Galaxy Conflict" as a name.
    It comes down to whether Disney fells like it is a big enough deal to send their lawyers after you . I am 99% sure Disney isn't going flip out if some makes a star wars adventure and shared it, and happened to have the name Luke in it. Likewise with the name of wookie and bantha. I suspect the more it effects Disneys pocketbook the more their eyes would be upon what you are doing. Though this isn't always the case. Just look at the You Tube videos that were flagged by Nintendo, sometime back, when content creators were making let's play videos. Though they have gotten a little less strict about this, this is where the other 1% comes in. Disney may just one day decide those pesky RPG players need to stop using the name Luke in their adventures they are sharing and there would be nothing we could do. I am not worried about this because they also have to consider PR and what effect doing this would have on the community as a whole.

Where the rubber meets the road is Cease and Desist orders. If you get one of those you know they are serious about what you are doing with their license.

Should I get word from Fanyasy Grounds staff definitively I cant do "X", I would then comply obviously.

What I think Dammed was saying more or less be careful with those names. Probubly because they may watch those high profile names more closely than the generic ones.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 17th, 2022 at 16:04.

Thread Information