STAR TREK 2d20
Page 85 of 281 First ... 3575838485868795135185 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey, so this is what I did.
    For the npc sheet, I am raising the skills maximum from 5 to 10, and keeping maximum 5 to PCs
    @Johniba

Core Rulebook, page 173. 2nd Paragraph:

"Cybernetic enhancements and replacements generally increase skills or characteristics, providing raw bonuses to characters' abilities. The combination of purchased increases provided by cybernetics can increase a character's skill or characteristic one step above the normal maximum (seven for characteristics, six for skills)."

Table 9-2, spending experience (page 300 of the Core Rulebook):
    "May spend experience to purchase ranks in any skill, up to rank 5"

So for PCs, my reading of this is that the Cap is 5, but can be raised to 6 for skills (7 for characteristics) when using cybernetics. So there may need to be some leeway on PC as well.

I have been thinking about what to do about the Premade Adventures. I have decided to keep the Adventures separate. I decided this for 2 reasons. 1st I can't see a time you would need more than 1 adventure open at a time. 2nd it give the GM the option for his eyes only when you have a core or supplement book you want your characters to see but not the adventure contained in it. Meaning 1 module for each adventure. Rather than clutter up the cloud with a ton of adventures I will package them.

Obviously I can't enter the text for the adventure, however I can setup the story structure and everything else. Let me know if you would rather me not add story entries.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    @Johniba

Core Rulebook, page 173. 2nd Paragraph:

"Cybernetic enhancements and replacements generally increase skills or characteristics, providing raw bonuses to characters' abilities. The combination of purchased increases provided by cybernetics can increase a character's skill or characteristic one step above the normal maximum (seven for characteristics, six for skills)."

Table 9-2, spending experience (page 300 of the Core Rulebook):
    "May spend experience to purchase ranks in any skill, up to rank 5"

So for PCs, my reading of this is that the Cap is 5, but can be raised to 6 for skills (7 for characteristics) when using cybernetics. So there may need to be some leeway on PC as well.
    Good point... so I should probably do it differently.
    I will see another solution then...

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I have been thinking about what to do about the Premade Adventures. I have decided to keep the Adventures separate. I decided this for 2 reasons. 1st I can't see a time you would need more than 1 adventure open at a time. 2nd it give the GM the option for his eyes only when you have a core or supplement book you want your characters to see but not the adventure contained in it. Meaning 1 module for each adventure. Rather than clutter up the cloud with a ton of adventures I will package them.

Obviously I can't enter the text for the adventure, however I can setup the story structure and everything else. Let me know if you would rather me not add story entries.
    I think that is a good idea sevrick, a separate mod file for each premade adventure....

@Sevrik,

I like this, it makes a lot of sense. As for the adding the story entries, I for one, would be grateful, as it would make it easier to fill in the text and to maintain a standardisation accross modules. You are also helping those, like me :-), who have difficulty with layout and organising our pages.

@johniba not sure if this is on the list yet, but is there any plans to make the actions on the action tab of the Character sheet get that sharable button?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @johniba not sure if this is on the list yet, but is there any plans to make the actions on the action tab of the Character sheet get that sharable button?
    Hi Xarax. I didnt really think of making them sharable. What do you mean by sharing those actions?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi Xarax. I didnt really think of making them sharable. What do you mean by sharing those actions?
    Those actions are kind of like where the spells go for dungeons and dragons, as well as other special abilities that you can set up like drinking potions and where you can set up certain effects on a character, or force other effects on to npcs or other tokens in combat. While Genesys does not have spells like dnd persay it would be very convenient to be able to drag and drop an action that has already been fully fleshed out from say one character sheet to another, or post the effects of an ability into the chat window with a simple drag and drop option. Just something I was noticing playing around with character creation. Thanks again for all you are doing with this!

Somthing has been bothering me. I realize I have been creating the modules and exporting them then uploading the mod files to the cloud. This is all well and good except it's probubly a pain in the butt for you guys since your dealing with an exported file. In theory people who download this mod are going to have to add their own descriptions. Sure you can edit the library in the Campaign you are doing, but the changes don't carry over should you create a new campaign. I offer this solution:

Instead of me exporting it my self I zip the Campaign folder with detailed instructions on how to export the module yourself after you have entered the descriptions.
    This would be alot cleaner solution for those downloading the modules. Also it would allow me to lay the ground work for people to export the modules with reference manuals using the Aurhor extension. I would of course give instructions for that as well. Of course I would add as much contant as I could to start you off same as always, minus the descriptions.

Let me know what everyone thinks. If everyone just wants to keep things simple I can just keep exporting them like normal too.

Also I am going to hold off uploading until the symbols problem is fixed.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 25th, 2020 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Those actions are kind of like where the spells go for dungeons and dragons, as well as other special abilities that you can set up like drinking potions and where you can set up certain effects on a character, or force other effects on to npcs or other tokens in combat. While Genesys does not have spells like dnd persay it would be very convenient to be able to drag and drop an action that has already been fully fleshed out from say one character sheet to another, or post the effects of an ability into the chat window with a simple drag and drop option. Just something I was noticing playing around with character creation. Thanks again for all you are doing with this!
    ahhh gotcha

I will see what i can do! It is completely possible, i will add to my to-do list

Thread Information