DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 281 First ... 3240414243445292142 ... Last
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I double click on a weapon, on the Combat page. This happens:

Script Error: [string "classes/common/weapondicepool.lua"]:139: attempt to index local 'weaponnode' (a nil value)

It also does this when I first load the program:

Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (charsheetmain) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (extension.xml)
    Script Error: [string "Genesys_Data_Common.lua"]:175: attempt to index global 'PreferenceManager' (a nil value)
    Runtime Notice: s'ChatManagerGenesys.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Runtime Notice: s'ChatManagerGenesys.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find font (Dwarven)

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I was selecting "Genesys SW Extension." Once I removed that everything seems to be working.

Also. Do you accept donations? I love your work and would feel better if I could contribute to you somehow. :-)

EDIT 2: I guess I'm just too dumb for this. :-P When I click on a skill, it says "Unable to find skill record with the correct name."

I'll wait until this has been made idiot-proof. I apologize.
    Last edited by Kethevin; May 20th, 2020 at 05:44.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey guys

Thanks for your patience, i didnt have much time to work this week on the ruleset but i will make sure i can work in the current reported issues, and release a fix next week
    Hi johniba. I hope all is going well. Were you able to work on this at all recently? If you have a new build, I would love to give it a try and see if it solves any of the current limitations. Thank you.

I am starting to worry. Did he abandon this project already?

I hope not. It is so close to being a better option than the hacked EoTE system on here. But we are certainly in some odd times so I could see something like this just dropping very low on the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledNoob View Post
    It is so close to being a better option than the hacked EoTE system on here.
    Thanks for your kind words of support.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wouldnt call the EoTE system hacked, I have used it for a number of years and is more than enough to run any kind of Genesys/Star Wars game on it.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

I think it actually is a hack of a previous WFRP 3e ruleset. "Hack" isn't necessarily carrying negative connotations here, because it does work fine. If Unity didn't break it, I'd keep using it going forward, but unfortunately it does, so there's an expiration date on that ruleset now.

On second reading, maybe @GrizzledNoob was referring to running Genesys using an extension on the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset. Maybe they mean that the hack was the extension. Any maybe I was being a bit too precious about the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset - that has provided over 40,000 sessions of Star Wars (with weird dice) gaming on Fantasy Grounds over the last few years... My apologies to @GrizzledNoob if I read them incorrectly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    On second reading, maybe @GrizzledNoob was referring to running Genesys using an extension on the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset. Maybe they mean that the hack was the extension. Any maybe I was being a bit too precious about the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset - that has provided over 40,000 sessions of Star Wars (with weird dice) gaming on Fantasy Grounds over the last few years... My apologies to @GrizzledNoob if I read them incorrectly.
    I dont understand if you like Edge of the Empire so much what is keeping you from just doing it your self. I know it sounds like we are beating a dead horse, but why defend it so passionately and yet don't give it some TLC to bring it in line with the current version of FG.
    Call me obsessed but check this forum every day. Some time more than that. But atleast every day. I was on the verge of learning how to program just see this thing done, when this ruleset was started.
    Last edited by sevrick; June 2nd, 2020 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I dont understand if you like Edge of the Empire so much what is keeping you from just doing it your self. I know it sounds like we are beating a dead horse, but why defend it so passionately and yet don't give it some TLC to bring it in line with the current version of FG.
    1) I rarely run Star Wars any more. But when I do, I run it with the existing ruleset. I'm not the one wanting it converting to Core RPG. It's still very playable and works well for me.
    2) I've been very clear elsewhere of why I'm not going to spend a lot of time converting a ruleset that I hardly use.
    3) As I think this thread has amply shown - it is not just a case of "some TLC" to migrate the ruleset to run on CoreRPG.

I defend the ruleset because it is still very workable and very playable on the platform it was designed for. I can defend something that still works for FGC and has for many years without spending many of my hours converting it for others to use - I've already spent hundreds of hours giving to the community who have run thousands of sessions using the ruleset.

If you were hoping to goad me into spending any more time on it, then you've failed. I say those who want it converting, maybe those who visit this forum every day, should be the ones to take it forwards.

Thread Information