DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 282 First ... 2969777879808189129179 ... Last
    So I have been thinking how I was going to do the libraries for Star Wars and rather than do it in a book by book case like I did with Genesys I think it would be better to have them a bit more consolidated. That being said I don't want to have everything in one module. Instead I was thinking of doing it by line. For Example the Edge of the Empire line would have all the supplements for that line in one library. The same would be true for Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny. I would have 4 library representing the books that are universal such as Gadgets and Gear. I am thinking doing it this way would be best as it would help mitigate and filter the amount of content being seen. Let me know what you all think.

Also I was thinking of getting a head start on the star wars libraries. I think talents are ok. The only things is that talents have the tier category and is missing the Trees category. Also a check box for Force Talents and Conflict Talents. For now I will just leave out the trees. Also I assume the summery category is where the talents description is as they appear on the specialization trees and the main is the full text description found in the talents chapter?
    Last edited by sevrick; September 28th, 2020 at 23:55.

I also like this idea, will make things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I have been thinking how I was going to do the libraries for Star Wars and rather than do it in a book by book case like I did with Genesys I think it would be better to have them a bit more consolidated. That being said I don't want to have everything in one module. Instead I was thinking of doing it by line. For Example the Edge of the Empire line would have all the supplements for that line in one library. The same would be true for Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny. I would have 4 library representing the books that are universal such as Gadgets and Gear. I am thinking doing it this way would be best as it would help mitigate and filter the amount of content being seen. Let me know what you all think.

Also I was thinking of getting a head start on the star wars libraries. I think talents are ok. The only things is that talents have the tier category and is missing the Trees category. Also a check box for Force Talents and Conflict Talents. For now I will just leave out the trees. Also I assume the summery category is where the talents description is as they appear on the specialization trees and the main is the full text description found in the talents chapter?

I like that

Before you start on the libraries though, wait for me to deliver the first ruleset for it.
    The thing is, the ruleset will have a different identification (instead of GENESYS, it will be SWGEN) meaning all files created for it will share that id internally, and if you do any databases now, it would have to be edited in the xml if you did it.

I will have a first version soon

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I like that

Before you start on the libraries though, wait for me to deliver the first ruleset for it.
    The thing is, the ruleset will have a different identification (instead of GENESYS, it will be SWGEN) meaning all files created for it will share that id internally, and if you do any databases now, it would have to be edited in the xml if you did it.

I will have a first version soon
    Ok sounds good.

Morning!

I've been fiddling around with the modules/ruleset and was wondering if it's possible to drag in characteristics, abilities, etc when character generating? Been trying to expand the Career and species entries to fill in characterstics and career skills when you drag it into the character sheet. Granted, my LUA/XML skills are basic so I may be missing something...
    Last edited by Makabriel; October 4th, 2020 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabriel View Post
    Morning!

I've been fiddling around with the modules/ruleset and was wondering if it's possible to drag in characteristics, abilities, etc when character generating? Been trying to expand the Career and species entries to fill in characterstics and career skills when you drag it into the character sheet. Granted, my LUA/XML skills are basic so I may be missing something...
    Automation hasn't been implement yet, but will later.

Hey everyone! I'm trying out this ruleset on FGU, but I ran into a few hiccups.

1) I cannot edit the Combat tab for any character or NPC. There is no "Edit" button, and it looks like I can't drag anything into the tab either.

2) There's a typo in the skill view window (Charactetistic)

3) (Action tab) Adding actions to NPCs who don't have any actions coded already prevents me from having a complete view of the tab.

I think that's all! Very impressed with the work so far!
    "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."

Ultimate License Owner

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingChaox View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm trying out this ruleset on FGU, but I ran into a few hiccups.

1) I cannot edit the Combat tab for any character or NPC. There is no "Edit" button, and it looks like I can't drag anything into the tab either.

2) There's a typo in the skill view window (Charactetistic)

3) (Action tab) Adding actions to NPCs who don't have any actions coded already prevents me from having a complete view of the tab.

I think that's all! Very impressed with the work so far!

Hi CrawlingChaox,

Welcome to the thread and thanks for your input. Here are a few comments:

1) The combat tab is not editable.
    In order to make weapons show up there:
    - Go to the inventory tab
    - Add some weapons
    - click the icon on the right and "equip" the weapon
    It will now show up...
    I will soon replace that tab with a more general "Actions" one, where you will be able to see all weapons, vehicle weapons, spells, etca.
    For now, there is no drag and drop functionality there also.

2) Thanks... I have fixed that, and will release the fix in the next upload soon.
    3) I dont think I understood this one, can you give me more details on what you are trying to do?

Hey guys I have been out of touch for a few weeks, i know...

Sorry for taking so long, its been hell at work, and several days i am so tired i cant touch the code

BUT! I have done a lot of progress

The Star Wars ruleset will soon be released. I already made the dice show up properly, but i need to fix a few things before i release this.
    I think i will be able to release it tomorrow or saturday

Thanks for your pacience

Thread Information