DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    I think I spoke too soon about everything working.

Dice codes don't appear to be producing the symbols in most records. If they already had symbols, they're still there, but when you try to add new codes, they just display the text (e.g., (A) instead of the Advantage symbol, [D] instead of the Despair symbol, etc.). It seems to work correctly in Notes and Story, but it's happening everywhere else I've tried.

EDIT:

I just found the issue, it was a quick fix.

I have just updated the ruleset. As always, just click "check for updates" and you should download the fix
    Last edited by johniba; April 16th, 2024 at 06:04.

So I have been out of the loop a long time. Because of that I think I need to pass the torch on to someone else that can keep up with the libraries. You guys deserve someone who can stay on top of this more than me. What I can do is send the campaign folders to who ever is going to takeover. If someone has already taken it upon themselves to do it let me know if you need them.

Sorry guys I know I was one of the 1st people wanted this but I moved to Foundry VTT and have been working on Libraries there and have to do it all from scratch again and I couldn't bring myself to update both libraries for 2 different systems.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I have been out of the loop a long time. Because of that I think I need to pass the torch on to someone else that can keep up with the libraries. You guys deserve someone who can stay on top of this more than me. What I can do is send the campaign folders to who ever is going to takeover. If someone has already taken it upon themselves to do it let me know if you need them.

Sorry guys I know I was one of the 1st people wanted this but I moved to Foundry VTT and have been working on Libraries there and have to do it all from scratch again and I couldn't bring myself to update both libraries for 2 different systems.
    Hey Sevrick, do not worry.
    You can pass it to me, I will continue updating, and if one day you feel like you want, you can always come back

Thank you so much, you created a fantastic library!

Thanks for all that you have done!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Sevrick, do not worry.
    You can pass it to me, I will continue updating, and if one day you feel like you want, you can always come back

Thank you so much, you created a fantastic library!
    By the way Sevrick

Sent you a PM with my discord

Contact me, I think there is a big chance you may not need to start completely from scratch, it can be possible to convert part of the contents to a format that you could add to the files in foundry

Anyway, check my PM

My guy, thank you for all your hard work for this project. Having gotten a chance to work with you on some of these projects was an awesome experience and extremely educational. Really appreciate you man!

So automation is hard, right? Particularly with this system, where there are so many little bits and bobs on someone's sheet, I don’t see a good way of having them automatically apply to their respective dice rolls without some very complicated programming. Part of the difficulty, I think, comes from the fact that a given set of bonuses doesn't even always apply to all of the rolls for an associated skill.

Quick Strike is an easy example. You get boost dice equal to your ranks in the talent against targets that haven't acted in the encounter. It doesn't apply to every roll you make with a given weapon, so you don't want the addition of the Talent to your sheet to automatically add its dice to every attack roll. There are a lot of these scenarios, in which you only get bonuses to a check using that skill for a specific task.

So what if there was just a sort of macro system? Like, as a GM or player, you could create one that says: If I roll an attack, show a pop-up with a list of dice/symbol bonuses I get in various scenarios and let me click the ones I want to add to this roll, then it populates the dice box and you can roll with all your stuff. Another line in that same pop-up could have the total bonuses you get from weapon attachments (i.e., Boost dice from Accurate, automatic Advantages from Superior, etc.). And if your attack gets multiple bonuses, you can just click multiple to add them to the pool.

It sounds like it’d be a bit of upfront work to enter those lines of bonuses into the thing that pops up, but right now you have to just... note your bonuses somewhere you won’t forget them, then add everything manually every time you roll anyway. To continue the example, you can click to roll an attack from your lightsaber, but you still have to add each Boost die from Accurate and the Advantage from Superior.

You can currently save dice pools to hotkeys, but those pools aren’t always the same, so that’s only moderately useful.

This is all just an idea my wife and I were bouncing back and forth last night as players were making cheat sheets in their inventory so they could remember all their skill bonuses and whatnot. Like… it already requires some work anyway, so it might as well only have to happen once, you know?

And it doesn’t have to be used by everyone. It could just be one of the optional settings you can turn on or off for a campaign?

Keep in mind that I know very little about programming, so I genuinely have no idea how hard this would be. I just figured I’d throw the idea out here and see if it’s interesting or viable.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; Today at 03:09.

Cool idea @chikininabizkit!

Thread Information