Dune 2d20
  1. #2481
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    wow, this is a lot of updates, thanks Sevrick
    Yeah to be fair though it took me also along time to release it.

  2. #2482
    Hi! I'm just poking around in the SW FFG implementation, which looks really well done! I am interested in the system so I might be learning it soon myself. I was just curious, were the .mod files excluded from the Forge build for copyright reasons?

  3. #2483
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hi! I'm just poking around in the SW FFG implementation, which looks really well done! I am interested in the system so I might be learning it soon myself. I was just curious, were the .mod files excluded from the Forge build for copyright reasons?
    I tried to post them but they wouldn't let me because of some legal mumbo jumbo. Long story short they said I would have to get permission from Fantasy Flight Games. It seemed like a big headache so I just kept them to the google cloud. Turns out when you do things in a official capacity there are a lot of hoops to jump through.

    Maybe we could come up with a way to notify people of updates to the libraries on the main page so they don't have to rely on the latest post.

  4. #2484
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I tried to post them but they wouldn't let me because of some legal mumbo jumbo. Long story short they said I would have to get permission from Fantasy Flight Games. It seemed like a big headache so I just kept them to the google cloud. Turns out when you do things in a official capacity there are a lot of hoops to jump through.

    Maybe we could come up with a way to notify people of updates to the libraries on the main page so they don't have to rely on the latest post.
    Got it thanks for the explanation!

    You could also do this within the ruleset. One way to do that would be to use the Interface.openURL function which supports a callback as the second parameter allowing for simple GET requests.

    You’d then need an API that can get what the latest version is, and compare to some value in the module, and tell the User if there’s an update available. The Interface.openURL method also prompts for permission, so it would need to be a “Check for Updates” button.

    It’s definitely doable though. Not sure if Google’s API could be used as that may require a token.

  5. #2485
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Got it thanks for the explanation!

    You could also do this within the ruleset. One way to do that would be to use the Interface.openURL function which supports a callback as the second parameter allowing for simple GET requests.

    You’d then need an API that can get what the latest version is, and compare to some value in the module, and tell the User if there’s an update available. The Interface.openURL method also prompts for permission, so it would need to be a “Check for Updates” button.

    It’s definitely doable though. Not sure if Google’s API could be used as that may require a token.
    That is a good idea and I can check if that is possible.

  6. #2486
    NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-12-11

    Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

    Fixes:
    Small code updates and bug fixes.

    NEW Features:
    - StoryPoints (Genesys) / Destiny Points (Star Wars):
    GMs can now manually add/subtract tokens directly to each pile, by using Control+Mouse Wheel


    How to download the new version:

    FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

    To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

    FG Classic
    This update is NOT compatible with FG Classic
    I can no longer maintain the code in a way that it works with the old client, I am sorry
    You can use an older version of the rulesets, downloading from the google drive link below


    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link below
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

    Subscribe/Download the Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars

  7. #2487
    Hi johniba!

    I'd like to propose a quick change in the Genesys ruleset to allow for Drag-n-Drop of the Dice. (Basically, click and drag on the dice pool roll button to pick up the dice, and then roll them in the chatbox.) This change will also keep the functionality of just clicking the button once as well!

    You can get to this to work by editing two files:

    In "classes/desktop/dieboxgen.xml" change the script for "dieboxgenroll" to:
    Code:
    function action(draginfo)
        window.dieboxgencontrol.onDieboxButtonPress(draginfo);
    end
    
    function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
        action(draginfo);
        return true;
    end
    
    function onButtonPress()
        action();
    end
    
    function onDrop(x, y, draginfo)
        window.dieboxgencontrol.onDrop(x, y, draginfo);
        return true;
    end
    Then in "classes/desktop/dieboxgencontrol.lua" change line 450 to take "draginfo":
    Code:
    function onDieboxButtonPress(draginfo)
    And remove this line (line 501) entirely:
    Code:
    local draginfo = nil;
    Not sure if there was a reason before for not allowing the drag and drop, but I think this is a nice addition to get the "feel" of rolling the dice!

  8. #2488
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hi johniba!

    I'd like to propose a quick change in the Genesys ruleset to allow for Drag-n-Drop of the Dice. (Basically, click and drag on the dice pool roll button to pick up the dice, and then roll them in the chatbox.) This change will also keep the functionality of just clicking the button once as well!

    You can get to this to work by editing two files:

    In "classes/desktop/dieboxgen.xml" change the script for "dieboxgenroll" to:
    Code:
    function action(draginfo)
        window.dieboxgencontrol.onDieboxButtonPress(draginfo);
    end
    
    function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
        action(draginfo);
        return true;
    end
    
    function onButtonPress()
        action();
    end
    
    function onDrop(x, y, draginfo)
        window.dieboxgencontrol.onDrop(x, y, draginfo);
        return true;
    end
    Then in "classes/desktop/dieboxgencontrol.lua" change line 450 to take "draginfo":
    Code:
    function onDieboxButtonPress(draginfo)
    And remove this line (line 501) entirely:
    Code:
    local draginfo = nil;
    Not sure if there was a reason before for not allowing the drag and drop, but I think this is a nice addition to get the "feel" of rolling the dice!
    Hi seansps

    I removed dragging as a temporary fix. It was done a long time ago when beginning to work on the ruleset, since the die code came from the old Star Wars ruleset (and also in turn, it came from the Warhammer FRP3 ruleset)
    I havent touched it yet because I still intend to rewrite the dieroll code, and also the drag to shortcut code.

    Having said that, your code suggestion is very nice, so I am testing it right now, and will include in the next update if possible!


    EDIT: Testing it here now, I now remember why I didnt turn if back on yet:

    Depending on where you drag the dice from, the die rolling code will not identify who rolled the dice.
    I will see if I can already update that as there will be a few places this can be an issue.

    I may need to rewrite the dieroll code, but I have been postponing this for too long.
    Last edited by johniba; December 12th, 2022 at 18:52.

  9. #2489
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi seansps

    I removed dragging as a temporary fix. It was done a long time ago when beginning to work on the ruleset, since the die code came from the old Star Wars ruleset (and also in turn, it came from the Warhammer FRP3 ruleset)
    I havent touched it yet because I still intend to rewrite the dieroll code, and also the drag to shortcut code.

    Having said that, your code suggestion is very elegant and simple and wont affect any other code, so I am testing it right now, and will include in the next update if possible!


    There might be a couple of places this could cause an issue, but if we have any problems, it can be fixed.

    Thanks a lot for this!
    No problem! And thanks for the context! If there's anything else you're having trouble nailing down, I can definitely help take a look
    I'm learning more about FFG's system so I've been poking around in the ruleset here so I can try to get a handle on how it's run in FG currently!

  10. #2490
    Hello I am experiencing a problem with dragging characters, specifically PCs, in the combat tracker. Whenever I do, this message pops up.Bugg.PNG

    Edit: I updated my Versions of the Rulesets and now it works!
    Last edited by lmaofyou; December 13th, 2022 at 08:28.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
STAR TREK 2d20

Log in

Log in