DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 84 of 281 First ... 3474828384858694134184 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I have fixed the threshold here in my current version and it will be fixed when i upload later this week.
    Now when you say bigger window, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean a larger field for the description of each field?
    Or do you mean the text field bellow? If you mean this one, the field actually expands the section, if you add more lines
    I am running this in Unity. What I mean is, if the PCs have like 99,999 credits it gets cut off. Any more digits than that is unreadable.
    Attachment 40317

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I am running this in Unity. What I mean is, if the PCs have like 99,999 credits it gets cut off. Any more digits than that is unreadable.
    Attachment 40317
    ah got it!
    I will make sure to expand that!
    I will probably release a new version tomorrow and i will have this fixed by then

Hey @sevrick

Something I only noticed now that I will have to take care later when I am fixing fonts.
    I dont know how I didnt pay attention to this, but several of the places where in the fonts we are using the dice and symbols are characters used in spanish and portuguese countries.
    I am a bit ashamed to admit, since I live in Brazil, and I only noticed now about this.

I will have to relocate the characters. What this will mean is that any already entered data you have, will have to be edited.
    Not a bit deal, I can provide the old versus new code for each symbol and it would be a matter of search and replace in the docs, but still... extra work and I am sorry for this.

I need to think where we can put this symbols in a way that possibly it will affect the least amount of people using it, meaning, I need to see if i can put them somewhere that even if it is used by another language in some country, it can be avoided (maybe uppercase letters, i dont know yet)

Just wanted to let you know, but this is something i will work on after i am done with vehicle support, so probably next week

I will keep you updated on this

Capture.PNG

Hey @sevrick

Something I only noticed now that I will have to take care later when I am fixing fonts.
    I dont know how I didnt pay attention to this, but several of the places where in the fonts we are using the dice and symbols are characters used in spanish and portuguese countries.
    I am a bit ashamed to admit, since I live in Brazil, and I only noticed now about this.

I will have to relocate the characters. What this will mean is that any already entered data you have, will have to be edited.
    Not a bit deal, I can provide the old versus new code for each symbol and it would be a matter of search and replace in the docs, but still... extra work and I am sorry for this.

I need to think where we can put this symbols in a way that possibly it will affect the least amount of people using it, meaning, I need to see if i can put them somewhere that even if it is used by another language in some country, it can be avoided (maybe uppercase letters, i dont know yet)

Just wanted to let you know, but this is something i will work on after i am done with vehicle support, so probably next week

I will keep you updated on this

Capture.PNG
    No problem just get me the new codes for the symbols. I assume I will be able to find and replace the old symbols with the new.

Well I wasn't sure I would find it but I did. An NPC with more than 5 ranks in a skill. The Hut Crime Lord on pg 406 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rule book, has 8 ranks in Resilience. That is pretty beastly.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 20th, 2020 at 23:53.

Well I wasn't sure I would find it but I did. An NPC with more than 5 ranks in a skill. The Hut Crime Lord on pg 406 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rule book, has 8 ranks in Resilience. That is pretty beastly.
    I assume that will only be for Star Wars, but I think I can come up with a ruleset option to allow for a higher number, both in SW and Genesys

I need to think of the best way to do this

I assume that will only be for Star Wars, but I think I can come up with a ruleset option to allow for a higher number, both in SW and Genesys

I need to think of the best way to do this
    Probably since I haven't come across higher than 5 in Genesys....so far.

Probably since I haven't come across higher than 5 in Genesys....so far.
    I was checking in the official forums and found an interesting discussion:
    https://community.fantasyflightgames...omment-2303505

This looks like an exception. Now I wonder how I should make it.
    Visually, adding 10 pips instead of 6 pips in the npc skill list will make it very bloaty (in my opinion)

I will do some tests and see what makes it acceptable.
    One option I think is doing away with pips in the npc sheet: going back to numbers, but I like the pips so I will try other options
    Another is just adding 5 more... but this will make all npc skills in all sheets have 10, and all this work for one npc feels wrong
    Another option may be changing the look of the "off" pip to an empty image, and making it 10 pips. Visually it will not bloat, but will allow flexibility to have up to 10 in npcs...

I will test each, probably the last option will be the best...

8 does seem ridiculous. If that is the only creature with an 8 ranks in a skill, I wouldn't mind just putting it at 5 and calling it a day. I could also add a note something like this:

"RAW says this NPC has 8 ranks in Resilience. This is likely a typo but unconfirmed. Use GM Discretion if you want to add more than 5."

Since most people seem to think it was a typo. If we come to find out there is another skill with higher than 5 ranks, that might change things. Still it's up to you.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 21st, 2020 at 12:56.

8 does seem ridiculous. If that is the only creature with an 8 ranks in a skill, I wouldn't mind just putting it at 5 and calling it a day. I could also add a note something like this:

"RAW says this NPC has 8 ranks in Resilience. This is likely a typo but unconfirmed. Use GM Discretion if you want to add more than 5."

Since most people seem to think it was a typo. If we come to find out there is another skill with higher than 5 ranks, that might change things. Still it's up to you.

Hey, so this is what I did.
    For the npc sheet, I am raising the skills maximum from 5 to 10, and keeping maximum 5 to PCs

In the rules that I found, both SW and Genesys mention 5 is the maximum value a PC can have in a skill.
    Nothing is said regarding npc skills. Genesys book does mention about minion groups of no more than 5 individuals per group ( possibly to keep their skill level fair) but that is not a hard cap, more a suggestion i believe

So, as I keep working on some stuff, I will only release this in the weekend, and will keep you all updated here

Thread Information