5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Multiple DM's unable to host?

Good Day All,

Ok, so I could use some help..

To explain our situation.. We run multiple games at my home, we play around the table and use FG for use with our digital maps through a TV/Monitor.
    I was using FG but was unable to get it to work for remote players, a fellow from here (sorry can not remember his name, only that he was from AU), he remotely connected to my system, found the issues within my router and was able to get it to work.
    Once that was done, my players who came to my home (and 1 who didnt) would log into my game, they were able to control the player tokens and such for use on our digital maps.
    I stepped down from DM'ing and my wife took over. We tried to do the same thing with her FG but found it wouldnt connect, when we ran the "connection test" it would fail.
    Logging into my router (An Asus RT-AC5300) under the WAN settings we entered under the Virtual Server / Port Forwarding a listing for FG with my laptop IP. Once I changed that entry to my wife's IP we found it worked (great!), except, that our other DM has no ability to get it working without me changing that again..
    I have tried adding multiple entries but it wont let me, I get a notice of "This entry has been in list" ..

I am wondering if anyone knows how we can fix this?

Note, both DM's are running Ultimate versions.
    Last edited by Battlewear; January 16th, 2020 at 17:04.

Assign the old IP address to her computer, or setup the port forwarding to her new IP address.

You can't "fix" this. It's how port forwarding works - you send all traffic on port 1802 to one specific computer, you can't have multiple port forwarding rules setup because then your router wouldn't know where to send data to. Think of port forwarding as mail forwarding with the post office - you can only forward your mail to one address at a time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't "fix" this. It's how port forwarding works - you send all traffic on port 1802 to one specific computer, you can't have multiple port forwarding rules setup because then your router wouldn't know where to send data to. Think of port forwarding as mail forwarding with the post office - you can only forward your mail to one address at a time.
    Dang that sucks rocks.. Thats where Unity will be better for sure...

Just found Unity very confusing to use sadly..

Thanks Trenloe.

You’ll basically just have to remember to log into your router and make the required change. Depending on your router you may be able to have multiple rules - only one enabled and the rest disabled, then enabled the one required and disable the others as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You’ll basically just have to remember to log into your router and make the required change. Depending on your router you may be able to have multiple rules - only one enabled and the rest disabled, then enabled the one required and disable the others as needed.
    Hmmmm Ill have to check on that.. Yea currently the plan is, just prior to play I will remote to the router, change which computer and then that will fix it. Not a great solution, but it does work.. I hope it has the ability to have ones disabled or enabled, that would make it much easier.

Thread Information