STAR TREK 2d20

Cannot host my game

Hello,

i have a connexion problem with my players on FG. The traditionnal steps are all fulfilled : i opened ports 1802. I got a fixed IP. I still got the red FAILURE message on the starting page.

Also, on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ , the port 1802 is closed. But on my routeur they are opened.

I know there is a problem with my connexion, but which one ?

(My firewall is checked and i alowed FG through it.)

Thank you for your answers.

Welcome to the FG forums Gilray. Sorry you're having issues.

Have you enabled port forwarding on your router to your FG GM computer? Just opening port 1802 is not enough - it needs to be forwarded to the IP address of the GM computer.

Some background info in this thread, with some things to check in post #1: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained If you still have issues after trying the suggestions in post #1 please provide answers to the 7 questions at the bottom of post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, i have forwarded it to my ip and it works perfectly. However, it works if i disable the wifi (DHCP). If i turn it on again, then i have a failure message on connexion to FG...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilray View Post
    Thank you, i have forwarded it to my ip and it works perfectly. However, it works if i disable the wifi (DHCP). If i turn it on again, then i have a failure message on connexion to FG...
    That'll be because you'll have a different IP address on WiFi.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

See if your router can make a DHCP reservation for that computer's wifi connection. Then it'll always get the same IP address without having to set a static IP and your port forward rule won't need constant adjustment. Then you won't need to reconfigure it each time you connect to some other wifi network.

EDIT: The coffee kicked in and I re-read this thread. Your wired and wifi connections will get different IP addresses than each other, even if they're not both connected at the same time. I suggest you pick one to always use (preferably wired, since those are faster and more reliable in almost all circumstances), give it a DHCP reservation (if possible), and point your port forwarding rule towards that IP address.
    Last edited by notrealdan; January 16th, 2020 at 15:30.

ok, i'll try this. in fact i've been trying for too many hours now

Is this normal though that the port 1802 is still marked as "closed" on yougetsignal.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilray View Post
    Is this normal though that the port 1802 is still marked as "closed" on yougetsignal.com ?
    It will only register as open if you have Fantasy Grounds up and running, hosting a campaign and waiting for players to connect.

Thread Information