STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Same thing here

When the first player join my game, my CPU is at 100%.
    I can't use FGU so I play FGC...

Core i7-3665QM
    Last edited by thymon; April 12th, 2020 at 13:51.

Same thing here. At default, FGU takes up 50% of my CPU constantly. Once I load an image, any image, it goes to 100% and stays there until I close the image.

Not myself, but one of my players has very high CPU usage on a mac. Like over 200%.

Thanks for all your hard work on these things. Looking forward to when FGU is optimized. It's already great

Same here. Looking forward to that cpu optimisation for Mac.

First game as a GM tonight. I run a fairly modern and well-specced iMac. FGU takes up to 750% CPU, so it basically maxes out all my cores and runs about 65 threads, constantly (even when I am idle). The fans are running constantly. Annoying.

Yeah man. That is FGU for you. I’ve given up on it and went to FGC. It is perfect and if you’re really running serious games and don’t want issues, just use FGC.

I just restarted, now I am back to 25% CPU. Apparently it clogs up over time, or when something happens. Will try to keep an eye on it when it starts.

FGC is not an option; I was close to chosing Roll20 because it had the LOS features that were really nice. So, when FGU came along, this tipped me over to go to FG, according to many recommendations. Regretting it a bit, currently, it has really bad UX and nowhere the degree of automation that everybody told me it had, and the learning curve is insane (also not helped by the very unintuitive and raw UX). One of my player is a UX professional and he really, really would love to change stuff around. Like, rework it from the ground up.

Why is FGC not an option? I’m on a Mac, and got hold of Parallels to run FGC via windows 10.

FGU starts chewing up the CPU like crazy as soon as you:
    - Open images
    - Play with the LOS features

Because we were eager for the LOS feature. My group is familiar with the Roll20 feeling and likes it a lot.
    I am quite confident that they will fix it in the end. There is nothing there that needs a lot of CPU. Must be a runaway Unity thread or something.

Ah the LOS features. Fair enough. Yeah it can come in useful, but currently there’s so much of a sacrifice with FGU, that to me I can’t use it. I’d rather wait till it’s out of beta. At that time I might just buy the license when I know it’s solid.

Thread Information