DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

I blame SARS-COV-2; otherwise we'd sit together, use pen and paper, and drink beer. But yeah, probably good idea to wait until it's done.

Yeah. It should be pretty cool when it’s ready I reckon.

It's not a matter of optimising parts of the code base

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    @thefile, I want to make sure I understand the issue. So right now FGU is not crashing? It is just taking a long time to launch (unless you minimize, which is interesting). That would indicate to mean that FGU is usable, just slow.

If that is the case, it's pretty much known, no performance optimization is yet being done. Stability is the focus at the moment. But, to help identify this, have you added any graphic assets (maps, tokens, etc) to FGU yet? Do you have many of the token packs from the FG Store?
    Hi,

Just came back to this thread after trying FG on the new 12 core company laptop. CPU usage at 35% (across all cores) on that page where you join an existing campaign. So it's just showing a menu. I can't imagine what optimisation needs to be done on a static menu so I think there's a more fundamental problem somewhere - I guess in a graphics library or something?

Even the login page was eating up CPU before that. So no need for any complicated setup or anything, this was a clean install, never actually started running a game.

I have the same problem with my older personal laptop but the ancient (10 year old) Desktop works fine - negligible CPU usage.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSmithson View Post
    Hi,

Just came back to this thread after trying FG on the new 12 core company laptop. CPU usage at 35% (across all cores) on that page where you join an existing campaign. So it's just showing a menu. I can't imagine what optimisation needs to be done on a static menu so I think there's a more fundamental problem somewhere - I guess in a graphics library or something?

Even the login page was eating up CPU before that. So no need for any complicated setup or anything, this was a clean install, never actually started running a game.

I have the same problem with my older personal laptop but the ancient (10 year old) Desktop works fine - negligible CPU usage.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Peter.
    I have an 8 core and its at about 2% on the launch page, and never goes up over 40%. When I am building the latest version of OBS Studio it goes up to about 75%. But I don't have a laptop.

Just one tinsy little detail to add to my information about how to reproduce the problem - I was using VirtualBox to run a Windows 10 guest under Windows 10 host (didn't want to put a game on my work laptop).

Interestingly - when I start up the Virtual machine on my desktop (which normally uses around 2% CPU on the start-up menu), now suddenly the fans are kicking in and CPU is getting to 100%. So this problem can most probably be reproduced using Windows 10 under Virtual Box - no need to use a laptop. (which is the only way I've seen it before)

Thread Information