DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhavens View Post
    I am about to start running the dead suns AP, I can't figure out how to give my players access to the ships from the campaign. I have tried loading them in every way I can think of but I can't get any pre-made ship to move into the party sheet or PC ships. I have also tried building the ships myself but they don't follow the correct rules for ship building so I am also running into problems there, any suggestions?
    I am running Dead Sun AP 1 and I had to build the Hippocampus as a PC ship to use the new Starship Combat. The ship that came with the AP will not work. Here is a screenshot of the PC ship I built and the crew tab.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 3.12.08 PM.png .

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 3.12.33 PM.png
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I am not having problems with ships that I have created, I made my PC a starting ship to test everything out and it works fine. In the adventure path (Incident at Absalom Station) there are two pre-made ships. How do I get those ships (Hippocampus and Sunrise Maiden) from the starships tab into the PC ships tab to allow the PC's to use them like the ship that I created?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I am running Dead Sun AP 1 and I had to build the Hippocampus as a PC ship to use the new Starship Combat. The ship that came with the AP will not work. Here is a screenshot of the PC ship I built and the crew tab.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 3.12.08 PM.png .

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 3.12.33 PM.png
    As Ulric as stated above, Those can't be dragged and dropped to the PS or to the PC Ship Sheet. Those would have to be made by hand as a PC Ship and then added to the Party Sheet for use in the current system. Those modules were created before the system was in place and will require updating to include PC Ship versions of those ships. I used the Sunrise Maiden exclusively for my testing and that was the process to use it for ship combat and allowing PCs to be assigned as crew. Since this system is still quite new, it will take time for modules and other systems within the ruleset to catch up.

OK thanks for the help everyone.

First question:
    I'm a little confused...OP says this is now "main code", is that the Live version(my original assumption)? But others in this thread have said you have to be on Test or you have to download Test and then switch back to Live. Can someone clarify for me please?

Second question:
    I read through this thread and the official bug thread, so I understand the situation with creating PC ships but how do you add an enemy ship to the combat tracker?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    First question:
    I'm a little confused...OP says this is now "main code", is that the Live version(my original assumption)? But others in this thread have said you have to be on Test or you have to download Test and then switch back to Live. Can someone clarify for me please?

Second question:
    I read through this thread and the official bug thread, so I understand the situation with creating PC ships but how do you add an enemy ship to the combat tracker?

Thanks!
    It was on the Test server for a bit and was pushed Live. So if you using the Test or Live version, it should be available for use without any extra steps. Please make sure if you do have the extension to turn it off as it is no longer needed. As for your second question, the Starships were made into the makeshift NPCs for this system. The process is very similar to normal NPCs, you would open the master list of Starships and click and drag the link to the Ship Combat Tracker to have them populate.

I just tried it again, as you can see from my image PCs and NPCs drag over with no issue. But dropping a starship into the CT doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
    ct issue.png

There is a separate starship combat tracker that you can access using the ship button in the upper left of the regular combat tracker screen.

Regards,
    JPG

WOW I completely missed that button. Thanks so much!

My humble feedback would be to make that more obvious...I doubt I'll be the last person to miss that as it works differently then any other game system I've had experience with on FG.

Thanks again!

We just had our first session of ship combat using the updated interface. It took a bit of getting used to, but we made it happen! I'm running Against the Aeon Throne, and just had the battle at the end of the first book. Some of the issues we had were involved tracking the shield strength and performing crew actions on the NPC ship the Barazad. Is this going to be improved/coded? Should I plan on creating NPC ships with the editor like when making the PC ship? Thanks!

Thread Information