DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

User Can't Open Module

Good day! I, as the GM, have shared a module that I've made to the players (It has a green octagon sign). I can open and close it no problems as a GM. When I connect as a player, however, I cannot open that module. It'll say that it is loaded, but no module shows up in the library. In addition, I noted that the lower left hand corner of the module in my Data Modules area has a spider web. I also notice the book stays closed, although it says "Loaded"

Has this behavior been seen before? How can I fix this?

Capture.JPG

Thanks in advance,

GBFF
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; January 14th, 2020 at 16:28.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

The module data hasn't fully loaded until the book icon opens. Clicking the "Load" button just starts the download process - even though the button text changes to "Unload".

Basically it's a case of waiting for the module to completely download. Further discussions in this post and the rest of the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post456865
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks!
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Yeah..this plagued us a BUNCH last night. The module in question is like...1.5 MB. Should it really take that long to download?

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Yeah..this plagued us a BUNCH last night. The module in question is like...1.5 MB. Should it really take that long to download?
    As I mentioned in my post - it's download *and* process. How much XML is in that module?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Roughly 1.4 MB of XML. 22k lines. Dropping the server and bringing it back up fixed the issue...much like I had to do last night. Just trying to find if there is something I can do to make sure that it doesn't happen, as it is quite frustrating to me the GM and to the players. I don't seem to have this issue with the purchased modules...do they do something different?

GBFF

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The module data hasn't fully loaded until the book icon opens. Clicking the "Load" button just starts the download process - even though the button text changes to "Unload".

Basically it's a case of waiting for the module to completely download. Further discussions in this post and the rest of the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post456865
    Does hte same hold true if the player clicks load, and the button changes to unload (as it should) then immediately changes back to load. This is in classic, he's wiped hsi cache Ive done a flush, his router isnt blocking FG, he has 500/80 internet speed. I have 500/30. The other players all loaded modules just fine, so that would say its not on my end. He also has trouble seeing tokens I put on the map. He just sees the shaded color squares, with the tooltips. he can treat them just like tokens in all respect, but he just doesnt see the images.

Ive been getting help with this on discord, which is why Ive tested all those things, but nothing seems to help. So hoping maybe youre a different person with an out of the box idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What is the Module name (filename) and the Campaign Name?
    Eg the exact spelling.
    Campaign Name : Dragon Heist Quarantine
    Module Name : All of them
    DD PHB Deluxe.mod
    Is the one we have tested most.

And again, the other 4 players have no problem. Also, he didnt have this problem originally. It started September or October-ish with him not seeing some tokens, then more and more tokens werent visible by him. We havent added any modules in quite a while, so cant say for sure it started at the same time, but that would track with his ongoing issues.
    Recently I added some modules and it was suggested we clear everyone's cache, which meant reloading books, and he couldnt do that.
    Last edited by GlassGEO; December 23rd, 2020 at 22:37.

I just realized you asked for the filename. Checking for that (Fixed above) Cant figure out how to delete this post
    Last edited by GlassGEO; December 23rd, 2020 at 22:44.

Thread Information