STAR TREK 2d20

Restoring a campaign

Hello,

I need to restore a campaign. I made backups of the data directory, but when I put the folder with files back in the original space, there is no campaign. I tried creating a new campaign and over writing the existing files, and this now shows up as a campaign I can launch.. but there are no characters or history whatsoever. What am I missing?

Blog Entries
    First, never overwrite, always rename and copy. Hopefully you did not overwrite your existing campaign with a corrupted copy...

Now, how did you locate your current campaign folder? Did you use the FG Data folder icon from the launch screen? That will make sure you copied to the correct location. The campaign you recovered should look something like this campaign "5e temp" (note, you path will be different than mine. My FG Data directory is c:\apps\fg_data);
    Screen Shot 01-13-20 at 02.22 PM.PNG

Can you post a similar image of what your recovered campaign directory structure looks like?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Mine looks like the following - now I know the timestamps are from the backup software - but I should be able to use them still correct if I remove the UTC timestamp from the file name?
    Annotation 2020-01-13 204346.png

Blog Entries
    (Edit: yes, removing the timestamps should be all you need to do)

It looks like your backup software has placed time and date stamps on all the files. You need to remove those.

Assuming you have a safe copy of everything somewhere else, go through and remove those from all the file names so you have the files;
    - campaign.xml
    - CampaignRegistry.lua
    - db.xml
    - extensionstate.xml
    - modulestate.xml
    - windowstate.xml

AND all the files in the subfolders too.

Of course, I would hope that your backup application has a restore function that removes all those time/date stamps, but if not, you'll have to do it manually.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will try this.. thank you everyone.

Thread Information