5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

Season 2, Elemental Evil, Start with City of Danger, Every other Sunday, 1PM US PST

FG License: I have standard license, you would need standard or ultimate (FGC not FGU)
    Game System: D&D 5e + current Adventurers League guidelines (v9.3)

Time Zone: US Pacific Time (UTC -8)
    Day of week and time: Every other Sunday, 1:00PM. (Time changed to 12:00PM.)
    If new game, planned start date: New. Planning to start Jan. 26th, 2020
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Every other Sunday, 2 to 4 hours.
    Term: I hope to play and finish all 16 modules. I suspect each module will take 2 to 4 sessions to finish.

Text or Voice: Voice (is used almost exclusively, very little Chat text)
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No!

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roughly 50/50, though one of the modules looks to be about 70/30
    Number of Players in game & needed: Based on my limitations, ideally 4 or 5, I have one.
    Character starting level & equipment: Start out with module 1, City of Danger, at level 1.
    Character restrictions: Adventurers League restrictions. I do not have all modules, so PHB, EE, XGE and AL Season 1.

Details of your scenario: The modules will not be run in numerically published order. I’ve sifted through the modules and compiled a playing order that makes the most sense to me, such that players can take a single character through all of the modules, advancing at a normal to slow-normal pace. Players do not have to be “Adventurers League” players, they can play independent of AL but must abide by all AL guidelines (for those AL players at the table).

Link to Gamecalendar page: at bottom of this page

Introduction: On the southern shores of the Moonsea, the residents of Mulmaster have eked out a living where others would likely have given up long ago—in a bleak city where corruption is rampant and the Church of Bane holds sway. In these five short, introductory adventures, you will travel the breadth of the City of Danger, meet its people, see its sights, and witness firsthand how the city truly has earned its ominous moniker.

Each mini-adventure begins at the estate of Astrid Saj, a wealthy merchant who hopes to elevate her family and become one of the 49 noble houses ruling Mulmaster. Mistress Saj is trying to impress the citizens of Mulmaster—noble and commoner alike—by hosting a party that lasts a full ten-day. She knows that Mulmasterites take their festivities seriously, as these celebrations are an escape from their harsh reality.

The characters, being new to Mulmaster and finding lodging unavailable and food terribly expensive, are hired by Mistress Saj to work at her extravagant party: they might act as bouncers, guards, entertainers, servers, spies, or any other role they wish to take on.

Important Caveats (please read and understand before signing up):
    - New to FG: please attend FG College before signing up
    - New to D&D: Please read the PHB, or at a minimum the free rules posted on WotC
    - New to Adventurers League: These modules are written to be run in a finite period of time, in person at a gaming store. As such they have a certain, and necessary, "railroad" feel to them. They are not "open world." There is a common goal mission you are expected to pursue.
    - Evil characters are discouraged, I don't want to deal with them.
    - Replaying this adventure is discouraged, I've seen it ruin a game for me.
    - No murder hobos, I don't have time for this.
    - I like inspiration, I like using the dice tower for skill checks.
    - Each module can only be played by characters within a specific level range.
    - Leveling up (suggested) will be based on the published "time-to-play" not the actual time it takes you. Each mini session in module one is expected to take 1-2 hours to play. If it takes 4 hours each, I'll credit you with the published 2 hours each. Same guideline applies to other modules, you only get credit for published expected time to play.
    - Leveling up is based on successfully completing the mission of the module (per ALDMG v9.1).
    - The modules were published in a haphazard order. We will play them out of order so that one PC should be able to complete all 16 modules if the player is careful to throttle the pace of levelling up their character. I'll make suggestions to guide you at the end of each module.
    - Renown has an even more important role in the rules per ALPG v9.1.
    - Roleplay is almost exclusively done via voice. Chat text is hardly used at all in my games, other than me publishing the module's "read aloud text".

Link to Gamecalendar page: here.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; July 2nd, 2020 at 19:29. Reason: Start time change to 12:00
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    As this time the game is full. If you wish to add your name to the calendar, in case someone drops, that would be fine.

I rego'd as waitlisted...

I have plenty of experience with FG (have standard license), and even more previous D&D experience. In 2015, I played DDAL during season 2 at least twice a month -- I'm sure I've played at least half of the modules, so there would be a lot of replays on my part. I'm not likely to remember much after 5 years, and if I do recall anything, I've always been careful when I replay not to spoil the module for others. I know that might nix my participation, but I'm still putting in my bid as a backup player: I'm very interested in the scheme you have of sequencing the modules for continuity and leveling -- I know I missed playing some modules because my cleric/bard tiered out before I got to play 'em. I have a warlock concept I'm eager to try out...

Blog Entries
    Thanks duhwoo, I'll keep this in mind.

Thread Information