5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 91 of 93 First ... 41818990919293 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    This was working until recently, tested in FGU and FGC.

When I have an Effect on a creature that does additional damage, if the creature has another effect attached to it that does the same type of damage but only on a Critical hit, the effect that doesn't require a Critical hit never triggers. If the Critical Hit one is turned off, it will trigger like it should be.

The included pic shows the effects, specifically the 2nd and 4th one. I can only get the "DMG: 2d8 lightning" to activate when the "DMG: 2d6 lightning,melee,critical" one is off.
    I found a workaround: Rather write DMG: 2d6 melee, critical, lightning, so, critical as first damage type (FG treats critical as damage type, so, put that at the damage types)

At devs: I may have found the culprit, it is in the effects manager of 5e (and similar for 3.5e/PF1), in the function getEffectsBonusByType, line 671
    Code:
    dmg_type = v3;
    break;
    Due to the break; that seemingly leads to that effects with similar first damage types are treated similarly because they are put into the same result (which is defined in that function), something like that. That is why my workaround above works. I shortly tested and replaced that part of the code with
    Code:
    if dmg_type then
        dmg_type = dmg_type .. ", " .. v3;
    else
        dmg_type = v3;
    end
    and that seems to work (tested in 3.5e/PF1, but it looks the same in 5e) But I never really looked at that part of the code, so, I may be wrong here The idea of my solution is that for damage type stuff the whole stuff of types is used to define that part of the result, to avoid that different damage type effects are treated the same (also no break; here)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 22nd, 2020 at 01:32.

It seems that the weight calculation is incorrect. In my backpack I am carrying 41.873 pounds, but the total says 139.939. 5e, FGU.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.24.56 AM.jpg

I'm not seeing this. I don't see any extensions listed in your chat so it doesn't look like your issue is with an extension. Is this Classic or Unity?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Unity. I added, then deleted (right clicked on the shield and chose trash can in the radial menu) a few items. The program isn’t keeping the deleted weight, is it? I also didn’t delete enough items to account for that large a weight discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this. I don't see any extensions listed in your chat so it doesn't look like your issue is with an extension. Is this Classic or Unity?
    Last edited by LaiJien; December 22nd, 2020 at 14:06.

No, I've tested adding and then deleting items and changing the status of items from carried to not carried and every time the weight changes accordingly.

Does this happen in a new character? It may be that the character has become corrupted in some way, I'm not sure. But the program is tracking weight correctly as far as I can see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, it’s a new build *not* using the Character Wizard. (FYI I’m using Rob’s 5e Effects Coding.)

Should I just start over?

No, I've tested adding and then deleting items and changing the status of items from carried to not carried and every time the weight changes accordingly.

Does this happen in a new character? It may be that the character has become corrupted in some way, I'm not sure. But the program is tracking weight correctly as far as I can see.
    Last edited by LaiJien; December 22nd, 2020 at 14:31.

Yes, I'd try a new character just using the PHB material to see if that works. It's possibly something in the coding package (I wasn't aware that that had anything to do with equipment).

Will do.

Thanks for checking and getting back to me so quickly! Happy (as happy as possible) Holidays!

Yes, I'd try a new character just using the PHB material to see if that works. It's possibly something in the coding package (I wasn't aware that that had anything to do with equipment).

Blog Entries
    Note that extensions are not required to output a message to chat (and I've encountered a few that don't). So it's worth checking that you don't have any extensions loaded on your launch screen.

If you can duplicate it, please export the character and upload them here so we can take a look.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

OMG, this was all my fault (I'm still a relative newbie)! I made the mistake of changing the weight of multiple items. For instance, a ration weighs 2 pounds. When I increased to seven rations, I changed the weight to 14 pounds (2x7=14), not realizing FGU is saying I have seven rations, each ration weighing 2 pounds. So what I was telling FGU was that I had seven rations, each ration weighing 14 pounds! <facepalm> Nothing to see here, folks.

Thanks, as always, for your help and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Note that extensions are not required to output a message to chat (and I've encountered a few that don't). So it's worth checking that you don't have any extensions loaded on your launch screen.

If you can duplicate it, please export the character and upload them here so we can take a look.

Thread Information