DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 93 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    Yes, I got an email earlier today. Thanks for the links though.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Alright so this is not a bug, more of a question about what y'all do when WOTC has a typo that will break your automation? It may not have been noticed during parsing, but Yeenoghu in Mordenkainens Tome of Foes has ability scores that don't match their modifiers. His Con score says 23 with a modifier of +8 and his Intelligence is 15 with a modifier of +3 in the physical book. Nothing has been released that addresses it.

I did some math with his HP, and it makes me believe his modifier is the correct one as it adds up perfectly. I've got no way to check his Intelligence. But if the parser only checks the score, Yeenoghu will have a lowered Intelligence saving throws and checks. Same thing with Constitution checks.

I am not actually on my computer to check how it is in FG, but unless the parser can override the automation and have the modifier not affected by the score, something will be wrong.

Do you guys have anything you have set for when WOTC has a mistake like this? A possible solution would be changing the Scores to reflect the Modifiers and then note in the another Tab why, and what the scores should be. Since it does appear his health at least is based on the Modifier anyway.

I can't speak for everyone who works on 5E materials as I'm more new to 5E in general. I have done a ton with Pathfinder and Starfinder and believe me, errors in the source is not unique to WotC.

When I found problems like this, first I would check to see if errata existed to fix it. If not, then I would just make a judgement call on what they meant based on the other stats. For instance, if the HP did support the +8 CON modifier or a INT-based skill supported the +3 INT modifier, then I just changed the CON and INT ability scores to a number that supported the modifier. If, however, the HP or INT-based skills supported the +7 and +2 ability scores, then I would change the modifiers to match the ability scores themselves. Then I would log the change in the change log of the module to indicate that I corrected the original source material to fix an obvious mistake.
    Last edited by sciencephile; April 7th, 2020 at 07:04.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

You assume too much. I'd never even spot that in the first place. Unless something hits me in the face when developing stuff there's no way to notice subtleties like this. The ability score bonus I think is ignored by parse and by FG and it works out the bonus according to the score. So if the score is wrong then the modifier will be wrong - and looking at Yeenoghu that is the case.

If I did notice anything I'd email WotC, but in 5 years I think I've only ever had to do that once and I don't think I ever got a reply.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

He's like this in Out of the Abyss as well. If you wanted to do a "fix" I think 26 and 16 are correct for Yeenoghus Constitution and Intelligence respectively.

If I had to guess, while typing him they were typing using Num Pad and typed a 3 instead of 6 as well as a 5 instead of a 6. Both are right next to it plus 26 and 16 work with the modifiers they have listed.

Yes, I've already submitted revised modules which includes all the errata mentioned.

To be clear, whenever I have fixed incorrect stats in the past, it's because I *happened* to notice it. That is rare as I don't read the module from top to bottom, analyze all NPCs, etc. trying to look for problems in the game mechanics. I don't think it is realistic to expect anyone to catch problems in the source material. What I stated above was more from a standpoint that I happened to discover the problem and how I dealt with it when it did happen. It was not to create an overall expectation for myself or anyone else
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Players Handbook

In the Reference Manual, Chapter 5, under "Food, Drink, and Lodging" it says the costs of various things on the sides. While most of those items you can't bring with you, adding the item "Wine, Fine (bottle)" may be worth it to the Equipment section of the module. It may just be my players but I always find them wanting to buy a few bottles to bring with them on the road to store in their Bag of Holding.

Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

All of the ones below can be found in the Reference Manual

In the "Menagerie Coast (O-P). under Othermoor there is a section called "Herbs of Othemoor". Those have 4 mundane items that have various effects. The Muroosa Balm should have 2 versions. A 1GP one for sunburn, and a 100GP one for the resistance against fire damage one.

Scrolling further down in "Menagerie Coast (O-P) you have Port Damali. In that section it details Skyships. Since those are vehicles, a "Flying Vehicles" section should probably be added to the "Equipment" section of the book with the Skyship and its details inside it. The basis for that I found in the PHB and how it lists "Drawn Vehicles" and "Waterborne Vehicles" there in separate sections.

Under "Zemni Fields (R-Z) there is a section called "Velvin Thicket". That has a subsection called "Dyolet Fruit". In there, it describes the Dylot Fruit and 2 variations. There is the base Dylot Fruit that isn't imbued with anything. The other 2 I will give the names "Healing Dylot Fruit" and "Greater Healing Dylot Fruit" since the 2 variations can replicate the effects of a Potion of Healing or a Potion of Greater Healing. The 2 variations should probably have the descriptions of the healing effects from both potions put into the descriptions of the appropriate fruit.

Under "Eiselcross (A-L)" there is the section "Allowak's Sanctuary". They list modified Yetis and Abominable Yetis and their changes in it. I don't know if you are allowed to add modified versions of them, but they are there.

Under "Eiselcross (A-L)" there is the section "Syrinlya". Just like the Yetis above, there is a modified creature here. It's an Animated Tree using the treant stat block with some changes listed.

Still under "Eiselcross (A-L)", the section "Tomb of the Worm" has an "item" of sorts that may not qualify. I bring it up just in case. It's the "Undermaw's flesh". It specifies what happens when you consume it within 10 days of removal of it. So a player could potentially add it to their inventory. Giving it some sort of appropriate non-ID name would be appropriate. Maybe just "Hunk of Flesh" or something. That's even if you add it as an item.

Still under "Tomb of the Worm", in the Adventure's section it lists a treasure of "ivory necklace" that is worth 100gp. A "Treasure" section in the Equipment section of the module would be appropriate to put it in like how it is done in the Dungeon Masters Guide.

In the section "Wastes of Xhorhas (A-L)" there is the section "Asarius, The City of Beasts". At the bottom of this section it lists Moorbounders as mounts and their cost of 300-500GP. The PHB lists "Mounts and other Animals" in the Equipment section. Making a "Mounts" section with the Moorbounders would make sense.

In "The Wastes of Xhorhas (M-Z), there is the section Urzin. There is a modified "Horizonback Tortoise" that is found in the Urzin Adventures subsection. The addition is it has the Regeneration feature taken from a troll. No idea if that is worth adding as an additional creature or not.

That's it for everything related to the Reference Manual.

There are no Dunamancy Spell Scrolls in the Magic Items section.

Some of these I listed I know are pushing it for if they are "missing" but I listed them just in case.
    Last edited by Paperclipkiller; April 9th, 2020 at 12:30. Reason: Removed something unneeded.

5E Unearthed Arcana Sorcerer Spells

It appears that all of the Sorcerer spells listed in the 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana Players' and 'DD 5E Unearthed Arcana DM' Groups have been attributed to a Source typo of "Sorceror", so they do not appear if you filter in the Spells list window with a Source pop-up list choice of "Sorcerer". And there is also a Source filter choice of "Sorceror" from the pop-up list.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but you can't edit font style in Feature boxes in the Classes list. So if you wanted to make a custom class and try to add features and edit font (embolden, italicize, underline), you can't.
    No Font Edit.png

Thread Information