5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 93 First 123451353 ... Last
    I noticed a few issues with the Eberon add on.

I also have the Unearthed Arcana module loaded. Artificer from Eberon does not show in classes as from Eberron. Only the Unearthed Arcana one shows.

With the races (Shifter, Changling and Warforged) the source tags are reversed. The older UA entry is tagged as Eberrons and the reverse. I have the hardcopy so I was able to make sure the text from the book is what showed up as UA content.

The Artificer seemed to be the older UA info as there was a fourth subclass listed that gut cut from the Eberron book so I assume I am correct that no Eberron tagged entry under class for Artificer is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by DWainio View Post
    I noticed a few issues with the Eberon add on.

I also have the Unearthed Arcana module loaded. Artificer from Eberon does not show in classes as from Eberron. Only the Unearthed Arcana one shows.

With the races (Shifter, Changling and Warforged) the source tags are reversed. The older UA entry is tagged as Eberrons and the reverse. I have the hardcopy so I was able to make sure the text from the book is what showed up as UA content.

The Artificer seemed to be the older UA info as there was a fourth subclass listed that gut cut from the Eberron book so I assume I am correct that no Eberron tagged entry under class for Artificer is showing.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Unearthed Arcana is playtest material and once something is included in an official source book the UA material is obsolete, and it is likely that things will have changed between the UA article's publication and the official book.

Artificer is in the Eberron, Rising from the Last War book but not in the Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron (which may be what you are talking about).

As regards the races I am not sure what you mean by source tags. All three races appear in UA and then in Wayfarer's Guide and also in Eberron Rising From the Last war. I have not compared the content of all three but I assume that there have been changes along the way. The definitive one will be the last book published (Last War).

If this doesn't answer your questions can you let me have more details please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Curse of Strahd

I have no doubts you already know about this one. "Map - Yester Hill" the battlemap isn't to scale. Each square is supposed to be 50 feet but the battlemap is sized as if it is 5ft a square. But man that would be a huge map then, so I have no idea what can actually be "fixed" about it. The encounters are put on the map, but they aren't accurate due to the map not being to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Curse of Strahd

I have no doubts you already know about this one. "Map - Yester Hill" the battlemap isn't to scale. Each square is supposed to be 50 feet but the battlemap is sized as if it is 5ft a square. But man that would be a huge map then, so I have no idea what can actually be "fixed" about it. The encounters are put on the map, but they aren't accurate due to the map not being to scale.

And there is at least one more like it. Originally there were no encounters placed and the map didn't have a grid. But I put one on and placed the encounters since I thought that was better than nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Welp. I was just looking at the map since I am using it for a homebrew campaign. That's what I get haha.

Funny enough I have another thing for Curse of Strahd. For the Babbling Druid NPC, it has the "Action Gulthias Staff". This is fine, minus the fact it regains HP equal to the damage dealt. It should only be able to do it to a max of 10 times. This is because the Staff has a max of 10 charges. Also, the Shillelagh attack it has using the Gulthias Staff should also be able to do the HP restore. It does mention higher in the sheet with the Vampiric Strike trait that it requires charges but the action reads as if it always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Welp. I was just looking at the map since I am using it for a homebrew campaign. That's what I get haha.

Funny enough I have another thing for Curse of Strahd. For the Babbling Druid NPC, it has the "Action Gulthias Staff". This is fine, minus the fact it regains HP equal to the damage dealt. It should only be able to do it to a max of 10 times. This is because the Staff has a max of 10 charges. Also, the Shillelagh attack it has using the Gulthias Staff should also be able to do the HP restore. It does mention higher in the sheet with the Vampiric Strike trait that it requires charges but the action reads as if it always happens.
    There is no wording which would create a heal effect based on damage. There’s also no way for an NPC to have a limit on an item use. It’s also unlikely that an NPC will last 10 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is no wording which would create a heal effect based on damage. There’s also no way for an NPC to have a limit on an item use. It’s also unlikely that an NPC will last 10 rounds
    Right, but as it reads, the action "Gulthias Staff" doesn't actually require a charge to use. The wording should either be removed for the DM to choose to do Vampiric Strike, or it should specify in the action the regain hit points requires using Vampiric Strike. Otherwise the Babbling Druid can use the Gulthias Staff Action AND the Vampiric Strike Trait at the same time, doubling up on the healing due to it not being overlapping abilities. Because the healing isn't mentioned in the "Quarterstaff (Shillelagh)" Action, it is either missing the mention of the healing the "Gulthias Staff" that it should also have or the "Gulthias Staff" shouldn't be mentioning the healing.

Ok, I see what you mean. I'll play about with the wording. I should probably also remove the Shillelagh action and incorporate that into the Gulthias staff line as well.

I mean I bought the Unearthed Arcana FG "module" a while back. Anything from it is noted as being from UA, just like I have multiple entries for some things noting different source books. If you go to say races, and then under Elves or whatever there might be more than one "elf" thing to open and you can see which source it is from.

The UA and Ebberon source tags are reversed. And the Artificer won't show at all. I suppose I can turn off the UA module and see what happens although one of my PCs is using a thing or two from the older UA (not related to Eberron content).

Quote Originally Posted by DWainio View Post
    I mean I bought the Unearthed Arcana FG "module" a while back. Anything from it is noted as being from UA, just like I have multiple entries for some things noting different source books. If you go to say races, and then under Elves or whatever there might be more than one "elf" thing to open and you can see which source it is from.

The UA and Ebberon source tags are reversed. And the Artificer won't show at all. I suppose I can turn off the UA module and see what happens although one of my PCs is using a thing or two from the older UA (not related to Eberron content).
    I'm going to need an image to see what you mean. In my image I can see the Artificer and I can see exactly where each Elf race is from. Are you not seeing this? Or am I still not really understanding what you mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information