DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... Last

5E Bug reports (2020)

Time to retire the old thread again. In a break with tradition I've named this thread with the year rather than a number. I hope you like this new, forward-thinking idea

All issues reported in the previous thread have been fixed, or have been noted for fixing. You can view the retired thread here and a list of updates to current modules can be found here. You can also find a list of Patch notes here.

Please report all 5e related bug reports below. That is anything to do with the ruleset and any modules whether core (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

Please give sufficient information in your report so that the bug can be easily traced or replicated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    Not a bug, but a misplacement of an item in Rise of Tiamat Xonthals Tower.
    In the Laboratory P7-06.16 Encounter it has a Shoebox Chest. This item should be in the Elemental Checkpoint P7-06.15

Thanks
    I'm not seeing this. The chest is in the correct location as far as I can see. There's nothing in P7-16.16 parcel wise but there is one on P7-06.15. Can you check in a new campaign just in case something has been edited in yours?

Good Day Zaccheaus
    Sorry for the formatting but I do not know a clean way to Copy/Paste from the old thread.

I opened a new campaign, reverted the module and opened the Reference Manual to Xolthals Tower then opened Laboratory then the Encounter and I still see the Elementals and a Shoebox Chest.
    It is not in the Parcel but in the Encounter.

Thanks

Curse of Strahd

02.05.00 Random Encounters in Barovia

Small typo, "Link: Strahs' Spies" should say "Link: Strahd's Spies"

02.05.04 Strahd's Spies

Small typo, "Possible Spy: Sward of Bats" should say "Possible Spy: Swarm of Bats".

Curse of Strahd

Here's a fun one that isn't a bug but something not consistent I want to ask about. I'll use an example in the Module since it happens in many places. "06.01 Approaching the Windmill" has a thing on the bottom saying "Navigation Shortcuts" at the bottom. It links to the Root section, "Up" which basically goes up a section (maybe should be called "Previous" instead of "Up"?), and "Next". However the "Up" section and the "Next" sections don't lead back to 06.01 at all. Should these "Navigation Shortcuts" even be there when they can't be gotten to back and forth? The thing is, I can see the original Module creators intent I believe. You click "Next" which brings you to the next part in the book, which makes for really easy reading when wanting to read through it all. But the time putting in all the "Navigation Shortcuts" that should be there would be a huge, niche timesink. So it may just be better to remove the "Navigation Shortcuts" from where they are? Curse of Strahd seems to be the only Module that has them, although I didn't look through all module to be honest. Just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Curse of Strahd

Here's a fun one that isn't a bug but something not consistent I want to ask about. I'll use an example in the Module since it happens in many places. "06.01 Approaching the Windmill" has a thing on the bottom saying "Navigation Shortcuts" at the bottom. It links to the Root section, "Up" which basically goes up a section (maybe should be called "Previous" instead of "Up"?), and "Next". However the "Up" section and the "Next" sections don't lead back to 06.01 at all. Should these "Navigation Shortcuts" even be there when they can't be gotten to back and forth? The thing is, I can see the original Module creators intent I believe. You click "Next" which brings you to the next part in the book, which makes for really easy reading when wanting to read through it all. But the time putting in all the "Navigation Shortcuts" that should be there would be a huge, niche timesink. So it may just be better to remove the "Navigation Shortcuts" from where they are? Curse of Strahd seems to be the only Module that has them, although I didn't look through all module to be honest. Just a few.
    When Curse of Strahd was first developed we didn't have the navigational arrows at the bottom of Story and Reference sections. At that time we would include navigation shortcuts to the next page; the current chapter head and the main index on every page. We also used to create an index for every chapter as well most of the time.

However things moved on and we got the navigation shortcuts and we also started adding reference manuals to adventure modules and so the need for those navigation shortcuts lapsed. So, in some of the older modules there may still be such shortcuts at the bottom of each story entry, but I am deleting them as I update the older modules.

Now, having said that, in fact I updated Curse of Strahd a few weeks back and all of those shortcuts are no longer there and there is a reference section too. If you are still seeing the shortcuts at the bottom of a page then the most likely explanation is that you have edited that page and so that will be over-riding the module
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 11th, 2020 at 22:28.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Good Day All
    Not a bug, but a misplacement of an item in Rise of Tiamat Xonthals Tower.
    In the Laboratory P7-06.16 Encounter it has a Shoebox Chest. This item should be in the Elemental Checkpoint P7-06.15

Thanks
    I'm not seeing this. The chest is in the correct location as far as I can see. There's nothing in P7-16.16 parcel wise but there is one on P7-06.15. Can you check in a new campaign just in case something has been edited in yours?

Good Day Zaccheaus
    Sorry for the formatting but I do not know a clean way to Copy/Paste from the old thread.

I opened a new campaign, reverted the module and opened the Reference Manual to Xolthals Tower then opened Laboratory then the Encounter and I still see the Elementals and a Shoebox Chest.
    It is not in the Parcel but in the Encounter.

Thanks
    Right, right. I misread your post. You are correct there is indeed a trap in the wrong encounter. I'll note that for fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Curse of Strahd

02.05.00 Random Encounters in Barovia

Small typo, "Link: Strahs' Spies" should say "Link: Strahd's Spies"

02.05.04 Strahd's Spies

Small typo, "Possible Spy: Sward of Bats" should say "Possible Spy: Swarm of Bats".
    Noted.

Tomb of Annihilation

Chult Rumors table

51-55 roll missing description of airship Star Goddess. Everything after "called the" missing.

Had a bunch of image errors in Acquisition Inc rule reference material yesterday night. Will add screenshots tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Had a bunch of image errors in Acquisition Inc rule reference material yesterday night. Will add screenshots tonight.
    That has already been fixed and the update was released today

Thread Information