5E Character Create Playlist
Page 59 of 93 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordin View Post
    I purchased Deep Magic from the FG store. I have not looked at every aspect of this module but I have noticed one area of concern. I do have the PHB loaded and all other core books. fyi.

Open Deep Magic. Open Classes. Open Cleric. Open Divine Domains. Open Time Domain. Scroll down to Feats. None of the feats have info in them. They are all blank. As you can see in the attached pic. Also, there are a few spells that when you open them, they say, DD5E SRD Data needs to be opened. But i do have the PHB open. see pic for which spells.

I do not know of other issues as i have only looked at the cleric so far. Actully, I just went and looked through a few more and most classes have the spells link say it needs the SRD open.
    Attachment 38234

Thanks.
    Hi, Kordin. I'm the Dev behind the creation of Deep Magic and I feel terrible that I missed entering the data into the Cleric class. I'll get that fixed ASAP. As far as the problems with the spells...you mentioned that you have the PHB and core books loaded but do you have the SRD books loaded? The SRD is required usage by third party publishers like Kobold Press, they can't use any of the official WOTC content in their products...hence the links to the SRD.
    SRD.PNG

ahh that makes sense. thanks for the reply and update.

Mini Monthly Dungeon Maps showing up Grey

Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, first time posting in these threads but I needed to post in the 5E bug reports. Started by emailing support but they couldn't help, I'm on a Mac with Fantasy Grounds Classic, Ultimate subscription. I recently purchased the Mini-Monthly dungeons #11 then #9, for both of them all maps and seemingly all images tied to those modules show as pure grey screen. For the maps, they're not masked, this is as is, I can still draw on the grey.

I tried loading another purchased module, Curse of strahd and everything loads from there just fine. It seems to just be these 2 modules, these are the first mini monthly dungeons I've purchased for context. Another thing that may help, I removed them from the vault folder of FG as specified by support to try & re-download them and I noticed both before & after the re-download, all other items in the vault show up in my mac as a terminal like icon with 'exec' on it, but these show up as white paper like icons, perhaps they are being read differently. Lastly, by going though the dungeons a bit, I still have access to the encounters & stat blocks, but doesn't seem like any images or maps. Any suggestions, don't have these issues with any other modules

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried deleting the files from the vault and doing an Update? You can find the file names at the bottom of the product page in the FG Store.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrodq2 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, first time posting in these threads but I needed to post in the 5E bug reports. Started by emailing support but they couldn't help, I'm on a Mac with Fantasy Grounds Classic, Ultimate subscription. I recently purchased the Mini-Monthly dungeons #11 then #9, for both of them all maps and seemingly all images tied to those modules show as pure grey screen. For the maps, they're not masked, this is as is, I can still draw on the grey.

I tried loading another purchased module, Curse of strahd and everything loads from there just fine. It seems to just be these 2 modules, these are the first mini monthly dungeons I've purchased for context. Another thing that may help, I removed them from the vault folder of FG as specified by support to try & re-download them and I noticed both before & after the re-download, all other items in the vault show up in my mac as a terminal like icon with 'exec' on it, but these show up as white paper like icons, perhaps they are being read differently. Lastly, by going though the dungeons a bit, I still have access to the encounters & stat blocks, but doesn't seem like any images or maps. Any suggestions, don't have these issues with any other modules
    You are quite right; I've just had a look at the MDM#9 module and all of the images are gray. I can't immediately see why that is so I'll need to get back to the developer for them to investigate.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To LordEntrails, yes I did that with no success. Based on what Zacchaeus says above, it seems like it's not just my machine

Any update on this? We were hoping to to one shots, one with 20 level characters for fun that wouldn't take much work on the DM's part, but that's pretty much dead in the water without maps.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrodq2 View Post
    Any update on this? We were hoping to to one shots, one with 20 level characters for fun that wouldn't take much work on the DM's part, but that's pretty much dead in the water without maps.
    Sorry, not yet. It would seem from my investigations that the publisher used Unity to create the module and that means that the maps will not work in Classic. So I'm trying to determine if the modules should even be for sale as Classic module or not. But I'll let you know as soon as I get word.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This will apply to a LOT of modules, any with a magic staff. I am just using the DMG to reference the rule.

In the DMG, Reference Manual, Chapter 7, in Magic Item Categories you can find the section on "Staffs." In that section it has the line "Unless a staff's description says otherwise, a staff can be used as a quarterstaff." Looking at most magic staffs, they aren't classified as weapons. Specifically like "Staff (Weapon)" like most other magic quarterstaffs.. They would in fact be a magic quarterstaff due to being a magic item as well.

An interesting point which begs the question why it is that only some of the staffs specify that they can be used as a weapon. This seems to suggest that if they don't specify that they can be used as a weapon that they are simply a spell focus. There seems to be a bit of contradiction there.

Thread Information