DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Locking windows in place

Is there anyway to lock windows other than the chat window in place?

Just curious.

Del

Blog Entries
    FG generally remembers where you last had the window open.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I meant more as in locking a window such as the map in place like the chat window so I can no longer accidentally move it!

Welcome, Delgar, to the community.

No, is the answer, apart from the chat box. It would likely be more trouble that it is worth if you locked up windows. I can envisage all sorts of problems.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome, Delgar, to the community.

No, is the answer, apart from the chat box. It would likely be more trouble that it is worth if you locked up windows. I can envisage all sorts of problems.
    Would it be possible to create an extension to add a lock to other windows since it exists for the chat box and dice tower?

I'm just curious because I'm planning on streaming and I don't want the map moving. Or I just have to be really careful and less clumsy.

I don't know for sure. Extensions can be created to do just about anything but some things are built into the engine rather than available via scripts.

The trouble I think is that ok, you see that you have opened a map but FG just sees that as a window with an image, so if you locked that window, I'm not sure that you would be able to open another image without unlocking the map one. However I don't know enough about such things to know for sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No, there's no way to do this with the way the rulesets are built and the way that the FG API works. There's a differentiation between panels (i.e. windows that are always visible, never hidden, and not tied to the database) vs. game windows. Examples of panels include chat window, sidebar, modifier box, etc. Only panels can have default positions, and can be locked/unlocked.

There is this wish list item to vote on, that is similar. (Map as background)
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40913

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, there's no way to do this with the way the rulesets are built and the way that the FG API works. There's a differentiation between panels (i.e. windows that are always visible, never hidden, and not tied to the database) vs. game windows. Examples of panels include chat window, sidebar, modifier box, etc. Only panels can have default positions, and can be locked/unlocked.

There is this wish list item to vote on, that is similar. (Map as background)
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40913

Regards,
    JPG
    I just posted the same question..
    I see that you are a developer.. I will add my vote that I wish I could lock a "map" window down because I am CONSTANTLY moving the whole window when Im only meaning to move the map. I am running FG for a group of players around our table.. We use FG more for the tokens and maps than anything but it would be great if each window had the ability to have a independant lock. I really really struggle with the mouse controls for the window. To me, to move the map is a left click drag, not a mouse wheel click.. just feels so wrong..

Anyways, love FG, keep it up.. Maybe I will have to add it to the wish list or something?

Use the small icon at the bottom right of the map window. Click and hold the left mouse button over it and move the mouse around to move the map.

Adding to what Zacchaeus said above, you can also click and drag using the middle mouse button.

Thread Information