FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Two questions:

1. I do not see the ability to set critical fail/success in the preferences menu. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
    2. Would it be possible to adjust the "treat a roll of" number? There is a rogue Inquisitive ability (Ear for Deceit) that modifies a roll of 7 or less to an 8. I am also considering nerfing reliable talent to the same thing (7 or less equals 8 instead of 9 or less equal 10) and am definitely planning on using crit success/fail.

Hi eporrini,
    I removed the crit fail/success for skills as it was just a display thing, it did nothing gameplay wise. I can add it back in a future update if you and others would like?

I was going to add 'ear for deceit' into this extension, but decided against it as that is only for rolls vs a creature lying, and insight rolls can be used for other things also so I would have no way of knowing what the roll was for.
    I'd like to keep the number hard-coded to 10 as per the 5e ruleset, but I can point you to where to edit the code if you would like to change it.

Hope the above helps out a little, feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    Hi eporrini,
    I removed the crit fail/success for skills as it was just a display thing, it did nothing gameplay wise. I can add it back in a future update if you and others would like?

I was going to add 'ear for deceit' into this extension, but decided against it as that is only for rolls vs a creature lying, and insight rolls can be used for other things also so I would have no way of knowing what the roll was for.
    I'd like to keep the number hard-coded to 10 as per the 5e ruleset, but I can point you to where to edit the code if you would like to change it.

Hope the above helps out a little, feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Cheers, Steve.
    Thanks for the quick follow-up. I personally think I would have a toggle option for a roll of 1 and if possible allowing it to still count as a 1 as it stands, that's definitely something that would fit my game. I would not go out of your way to accommodate my suggestions as RAW is probably by far the more played scenario. Optimally for me it would be great to see this morph into something (no idea how hard it would be) that could be an effect/condition set applied to a roll, such as Skill: x (or all) Count 2-7=8. Or 1-9=10. That way it would be customizable to purpose and not dependent on a class or feat feature. Appreciate you and the other community developers for all of the hard work you put into making the game better, I use a bunch of extensions and I am always surprised by what's available that adds to the game.

I have a couple of things I'm looking at at the moment, but when they are done I may well revisit this one and add a few options.
    No guarantess though

Cheers, Steve.

Would it be possible to generalize this into an effect rather than special-casing each ability as it comes along? Maybe mimic the SKILL/SAVE syntax, like SKILLMIN: 10 or SKILLMIN: 8 perception

Quote Originally Posted by slitherrr View Post
    Would it be possible to generalize this into an effect rather than special-casing each ability as it comes along? Maybe mimic the SKILL/SAVE syntax, like SKILLMIN: 10 or SKILLMIN: 8 perception
    I think this should be possible, and would also address @eporrini's request also.

As I stated above, I'm working on some other things right now, but I'll add this to the todo list

Cheers, Steve.

Found an interesting bug with this in Fantasy Grounds Unity. If you have reliable talent, and someone gives you guidance with a 1d4 and then you roll, it is giving you a 10 for the guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfPandemonium View Post
    Found an interesting bug with this in Fantasy Grounds Unity. If you have reliable talent, and someone gives you guidance with a 1d4 and then you roll, it is giving you a 10 for the guidance.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I'll take a look at that when I can.

Cheers, Steve.

New version uploaded to post #1, with a fix for Guidance.

Thanks to @ LordofPandemonium for flagging the error.

Cheers, Steve.

So having just downloaded this extension I am assuming that something in a recent update broke it completely as it doesn't seem to effect the dice at all? Or am I just missing something completely obvious?

Thread Information