5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Am I missing something very basic here? I've added the Reliable Talent feature from the Rogue class features to the Abilities tab of the character sheet, but all the rolls still look the same. I know the extension is loaded, but I don't see how to turn this on

hi MadScientist1023,
    The extension needs nothing else other than to be enabled before the session is loaded.
    Once this is done and the character has the 'Reliable Talent' feature, then any skill roll in which the character is proficient will have a floor of 10.
    So in short, ensure the ext is loaded AND enabled, and that the character with the reliable talent feature is proficient in the skill you wish it to trigger upon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    hi MadScientist1023,
    The extension needs nothing else other than to be enabled before the session is loaded.
    Once this is done and the character has the 'Reliable Talent' feature, then any skill roll in which the character is proficient will have a floor of 10.
    So in short, ensure the ext is loaded AND enabled, and that the character with the reliable talent feature is proficient in the skill you wish it to trigger upon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steve.
    Not really. I downloaded the extension, put it in the \extension folder, click the circle when I load the campaign, open the character sheet of a level 11 rogue who has Reliable Talent directly copied from the Class features in his Features section of his Abilities tab, I roll dice and they don't have a floor. What am I missing in this process?

Hmm, not sure.....
    Try deleting it from your extensions folder and download it from the Forge link (That'll be the latest version. I should really remove the direct download link tbh).
    I'll take a look into it over the weekend also, but if the Forge version doesn't work for you, it could be an extension conflict.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*
    Just checked with a fresh download from The Forge, and Reliable Talent is working with proficient skills & Reliable Talent feature.
    Last edited by Stv; March 9th, 2023 at 20:33.

Is there a .mod or effects coding for this by chance? That way it doesn't rely on the DM turning on extensions in the creation/set up area.Thanks!

A module wouldn't do what's necessary for this to work. And tbh, once the extensions is downloaded and enabled that's all that needs to be done. The extension works kind of passively without the need for setting up any effects.

Cheers, Steve.

Just wanted to say thanks for this ext. got to use it for the first time tonight. Finally got a rogue high enough level to use it and it worked flawlessly.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Awesome, glad you found it useful.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    hi MadScientist1023,

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steve.
    LOL thank you...and it did. I was pulling my hair out wandering how to apply the silver tongue effect to the bard in the group I was running. Feel silly now. Tyvm!!!

Just in case, in the 1st post it says that the latest version of the extension is 1.6. However, the version that is in the Forge is 1.5 (At least that's what the announcement text says).

Thread Information