DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by cwarrencs View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was playing around with a character build for a game I play tomorrow. He is a Gnome Cleric. Anyway, I downloaded the update from yesterday this afternoon. And it looks like Gnome Polygot ancestry feat is missing. I did check Piazo site to see if maybe it was a modification they made, but didn't see anything over there about it. So figured I would mention it here.
    Gnome polyglot is from Lost Omens Character Guide. Do you have that Module loaded?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Gnome polyglot is from Lost Omens Character Guide. Do you have that Module loaded?
    Thanks for clarifying the source of that feat. That module doesn't exist yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Cloistered Cleric Trained in Unarmored Defense wearing ordinary Clothes did not copy over, but the Monk wearing +1 Explorers Clothes did copy Expert Unamored Defense, also the the Bard wearing +1 Leather Armor Trained did get copied their Trained Unarmored Defense.

So seems to work only if wearing category armor rather than category gear.
    Please clarify what you mean by "copied over"? FG doesn't look at any items to build the Defense Proficiencies on the Combat tab, it only looks at equipped Armor type items to determine which proficiency (set on the combat tab) to use for the AC calculation.
    If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency. So, please clarify exactly what you're referring to as I can't work out exactly what this report means. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 9th, 2020 at 06:20.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is fantastic looking. Love it!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Actually I think so. I have Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide and Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide - Player Guide loaded in addition to the Pathfinder 2E Core rules. And it isn't showing in the feat list when I check each of those in the Library.

Quote Originally Posted by cwarrencs View Post
    Actually I think so. I have Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide and Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide - Player Guide loaded in addition to the Pathfinder 2E Core rules. And it isn't showing in the feat list when I check each of those in the Library.
    The Lost Omens World Guide and player guide are different books from the Lost Omens Character Guide. The LOCG does not yet have a FG module released. Any content from that book has to be manually added until the module is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    The Lost Omens World Guide and player guide are different books from the Lost Omens Character Guide. The LOCG does not yet have a FG module released. Any content from that book has to be manually added until the module is complete.
    Oh Ok. I just started to dabble in Pathfinder 2 for this game I'm playing tonight. So I don't know what is under what. I just could have sworn on his server it was there to use when I first built the character. I was just trying to replicate it locally in my own FG so I could work out possible things to do when I level up.

Thanks for all the help.
    Mith

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please clarify what you mean by "copied over"? FG doesn't look at any items to build the Defense Proficiencies on the Combat tab, it only looks at equipped Armor type items to determine which proficiency (set on the combat tab) to use for the AC calculation.
    If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency. So, please clarify exactly what you're referring to as I can't work out exactly what this report means. Thanks.
    The popup window has you verify that the proficiency list in ability tab matches what is in the combat proficiency tab, I just assumed you was copying that data if you are asking us to verify it.

cloth cleric wearing ordinary clothes did not get unarmored proficiency even though that it was on the ability tab as a proficency, although it worked on the monk wearing explorer clothes

I did see that the cloth cleric was carrying the clothes rather than equipped the clothes, but changing clothes to be equipped still did not add unarmored to the combat proficiency tab so she still has no AC prof bonus calculated

The differency I can see is that explorers clothes is of type armor, whereas the ordinary clothes is gear.

In your words this feature

"If there are no items of Type = Armor equipped then it should use the Unarmored proficiency"

is not working.

The cleric has no items of Type = Armor equipped and does not gain Unarmored proficiency. Ordinary clothes are not of type armor, they are of type gear. Equipping or carrying the gear clothing does not gain Unarmored proficiency.
    Last edited by yarnevk; January 9th, 2020 at 16:36.

@yarnevk - please export the PC(s) with the issue (click the blue export button on the chargen tracker window) and attach the exported XML here, because I’m not quite getting what you’re describing so I’d like to get to the bottom of it and fix any issues or improve the process. Thanks.

A reminder to all those reading this thread - there are two videos (one linked in post #2 and one in post #3) that go through an explanation of this new setup. So if you’re confused, or things don’t appear to be working right, then please refer to those videos. They were created at great expense! ;-)

Thread Information