DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: ICRPG Ruleset

I was a bit more excited about this when I saw the PNG screenshot containing all of the tables and charts filled, but having to manually enter an entire book's worth of content kills it for me. Visually I am delighted to see the background and artistic style of categories, but until ICRPG comes to FG officially, I can't really see myself manually doing all that. That is a LOT of manually typing especially the loot and tags....

Quote Originally Posted by 3dartwork View Post
    I was a bit more excited about this when I saw the PNG screenshot containing all of the tables and charts filled, but having to manually enter an entire book's worth of content kills it for me. Visually I am delighted to see the background and artistic style of categories, but until ICRPG comes to FG officially, I can't really see myself manually doing all that. That is a LOT of manually typing especially the loot and tags....
    Totally understandable. Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast when it comes to fan-made things; I can only give so much out. My original idea was to empower GMs to keep their games lean and clean, so to speak. Make the process of organizing and creating your own content as simple and straightforward as possible so you don't have to copy an entire book of content.

That said, others have shared your sentiment, and so I'm looking into it.

Of course it's great if there's as much info available within FG as possible. However, when we run our own games, how much of that do we actually use? If you're planning a game, with new characters, you don't need to enter all of that data. Also - how much of that really needs to be there for you to just play? Use FG as a base VTT, not a high level automation machine, put in the basic information in a PC sheet to allow you to roll dice, have basic info that is *needed* to be shared with the players, and describe the rest as you play - assuming you use voice, this isn't much different from playing a game around a "real" table.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ya beat me to it! I will definitely be using this to run my Sunday ICRPG games. If you need it playtested I run an every Sunday game (had just been using an extension I made and CoreRPG) feel free to contact me here or through the Runehammer forums (DSMyers)

Good news! I've spoken with Hank, the creator of Index Card RPG, and he's greenlit me to work on an official Fantasy Grounds module for CORE 2e. It all still has to go through SmiteWorks' licensing process, but Hank and I are both on board to bring ICRPG to Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Good news! I've spoken with Hank, the creator of Index Card RPG, and he's greenlit me to work on an official Fantasy Grounds module for CORE 2e. It all still has to go through SmiteWorks' licensing process, but Hank and I are both on board to bring ICRPG to Fantasy Grounds.
    Great news!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Great stuff Saagael.

How do i install this?

don't worry found it, looks great might have just sold me on FG
    Last edited by kking014; January 27th, 2020 at 17:26.

Awesome, glad you got it working! Also, just fyi, the version I posted in my original post is now very outdated; still working, but outdated. I'm currently working with Hank (creator of ICRPG) on an official FG release of ICRPG with an updated, more fleshed out, ruleset. I don't have a timeline, as I know everyone is pretty slammed with FGU, but when I know more about that I'll post an update here. Until then, send me a DM if you have any questions or suggestions, as I'm always looking for feedback!
    Last edited by Saagael; February 27th, 2020 at 20:41.

Very cool! I just found out about ICRPG by way of "Altered State" on DTRPG. Of course the next thing I looked for was a Fantasy Grounds implementation.
    Last edited by k410; February 27th, 2020 at 02:19.

Thread Information