5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: ICRPG Ruleset

Altered State is great, glad to have another ICRPG fan on here. You will be REALLY impressed by the ICRPG ruleset, Saagael did a fantastic job on it.

This is insanely cool! Looking forward to using this ruleset until the full official one drops!

I have one request though, on the final full ruleset. ICRPG has always been about community involvement, modifications and a genuine interest in DIY. Please, if at all possible, keep the final ruleset out of the Vault. It will cripple our ability to modify and extend the ruleset to do new things!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Taylor View Post
    This is insanely cool! Looking forward to using this ruleset until the full official one drops!

I have one request though, on the final full ruleset. ICRPG has always been about community involvement, modifications and a genuine interest in DIY. Please, if at all possible, keep the final ruleset out of the Vault. It will cripple our ability to modify and extend the ruleset to do new things!
    I'm not sure if that's something that the folks at Smiteworks work out with the creator of the game, but I totally agree. If it's in my power to do so, I'll make sure that the code is available.

Just seeing what the status of the new ICRPG ruleset availability? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Jan 8th, 2020: Good news! The creator of Index Card RPG has greenlit me to work on an official Fantasy Grounds module for CORE 2e. It all still has to go through SmiteWorks' licensing process, but Hank and I are both on board to bring ICRPG to Fantasy Grounds.

Heya folks!

I've got a ruleset for Index Card RPG that I've been working on over the holiday break. It started out as an extension, but I decided to make it a standalone ruleset based on CoreRPG. It includes a few changes to the combat tracker, character sheets, and npcs, and adds archetypes, bioforms, spells, and tags. It also includes a full graphical overhaul in the ICRPG sharpie art style.

I haven't done extensive testing in a session yet, but I'll be fixing and updating it as I use it. if anyone else gets use out of it, I'd love to hear how it works for ya!

Edit:
    Zipped up the correct folder so the ruleset pack works. Thanks damned!
    Just wondering for this Extension how to change the target die roll? It looks like it is defaulted to 12, but I am not sure how do change this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Furio74 View Post
    Just seeing what the status of the new ICRPG ruleset availability? Thanks in advance.
    The full version of the ruleset is complete and it's working its way through Smitework's testing and release process. I'm not sure how long it'll take; this is my first go-around for releasing a ruleset. That said, I'm really eager to get it out into the wild and see people using it!

Just wondering for this Extension how to change the target die roll? It looks like it is defaulted to 12, but I am not sure how do change this. Thanks!
    The scroll wheel changes the target number. It's not obvious in this version, but in the full version of the ruleset I've made it more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    The full version of the ruleset is complete and it's working its way through Smitework's testing and release process. I'm not sure how long it'll take; this is my first go-around for releasing a ruleset. That said, I'm really eager to get it out into the wild and see people using it!

The scroll wheel changes the target number. It's not obvious in this version, but in the full version of the ruleset I've made it more clear.
    Thanks! For the ruleset you are working on - will it contain the table and data (similar to the PNG image you provided at the start of this thread)? If I use the PAK file now and build a campaign game with this, will the SmiteWorks formalized version you are working on be compatible (that is, can I use what I have in this campaign with the new version you are working on)?

Thanks! For the ruleset you are working on - will it contain the table and data (similar to the PNG image you provided at the start of this thread)? If I use the PAK file now and build a campaign game with this, will the SmiteWorks formalized version you are working on be compatible (that is, can I use what I have in this campaign with the new version you are working on)?
    The full release will include all content from the Core 2e book: all archetypes, bioforms, items, loot tables, monsters, adventures, etc. It'll all be bundled with the ruleset.

While you can create content with the ruleset I posted, much of it will be incompatible with the full version. I added a ton of features that will likely not place nicely with the ruleset in the original post.

For those that've been following this thread, I just updated the OP with the exciting news that the ruleset is finally available on the Fantasy Grounds store. Check it out and leave any and all feedback.

Very cool! Looking forward to this! I've got to ask though, were you able to keep the code base out of the vault?

Thread Information