5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: ICRPG Ruleset

ICRPG Ruleset

EDIT: As of May 12th, 2020, the ruleset and module for CORE 2e are available on the Fantasy Grounds store. I'm sure there'll be an announcement at some point, but I couldn't help sneak this in here for folks that've been following this.

Jan 8th, 2020: Good news! The creator of Index Card RPG has greenlit me to work on an official Fantasy Grounds module for CORE 2e. It all still has to go through SmiteWorks' licensing process, but Hank and I are both on board to bring ICRPG to Fantasy Grounds.

Heya folks!

I've got a ruleset for Index Card RPG that I've been working on over the holiday break. It started out as an extension, but I decided to make it a standalone ruleset based on CoreRPG. It includes a few changes to the combat tracker, character sheets, and npcs, and adds archetypes, bioforms, spells, and tags. It also includes a full graphical overhaul in the ICRPG sharpie art style.

I haven't done extensive testing in a session yet, but I'll be fixing and updating it as I use it. if anyone else gets use out of it, I'd love to hear how it works for ya!

Edit:
    Zipped up the correct folder so the ruleset pack works. Thanks damned!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Saagael; May 13th, 2020 at 00:40.

Yup, that's on the list of things to do within the next few days.

This looks absolutely amazing. It seem you included a bunch of info from the rule books, did you get the all clear from Brandish Gilhelm for that? He is easy going but kind of strict in that regard in what I have seen. Maybe when you ask him this could actually be put in the store, looks so good.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
    Read me: https://chaosmeister.games/

Blog Entries
    There is nothing in this ruleset that contains copyright material except the Rune Hammer logo.

[email protected] you have packed it up incorrectly - do not zip the parent folder. It currently wont load in its current PAK format.

I got the layout to work, and I was able to get import the character template. How do I get the rest of it to work though? There is nothing loaded in the Library/Modules. All of the categories (archetypes, tags, spells, etc.) are empty. Where do I get the actual FG version of ICRPG?

EDIT: I presume I need to manually input all written data from my hardcopies into the system?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dartwork View Post
    I got the layout to work, and I was able to get import the character template. How do I get the rest of it to work though? There is nothing loaded in the Library/Modules. All of the categories (archetypes, tags, spells, etc.) are empty. Where do I get the actual FG version of ICRPG?

EDIT: I presume I need to manually input all written data from my hardcopies into the system?
    That is unfortunately the case right now. The actual content of ICRPG (the archetypes, bioforms, loot, tables, monsters, etc...) is all copywritten and so I can't distribute it directly without express permission from the creator. I've reached out to the game's author about ways to distribute modules for his books, but until he gives me an answer I can't give out his content.

This is highly speculative on my part, but I'm thinking the easiest way to get the content would be to keep an eye on the Runehammer Patreon, as he might post something official there. Otherwise, I will post back when I have a definitive answer, one way or the other.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That is unfortunately the case right now. The actual content of ICRPG (the archetypes, bioforms, loot, tables, monsters, etc...) is all copywritten and so I can't distribute it directly without express permission from the creator. I've reached out to the game's author about ways to distribute modules for his books, but until he gives me an answer I can't give out his content.

This is highly speculative on my part, but I'm thinking the easiest way to get the content would be to keep an eye on the Runehammer Patreon, as he might post something official there. Otherwise, I will post back when I have a definitive answer, one way or the other.
    Just a head up gtaray
    You cant distribute FG modules for $$ thru any platform without an FG agreement.**
    Free - yes.
    Also should there be any interest in a licensing agreement it really needs to be organised by SmiteWorks.
    Other than confirming some interest on the publishers side AND your ability to build out the product you should then handball it to SmiteWorks.

** The DMsGuild has an existing arrangement with SW and products can be offered there - but it is a 5E store only

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Just a head up gtaray
    You cant distribute FG modules for $$ thru any platform without an FG agreement.**
    Free - yes.
    Also should there be any interest in a licensing agreement it really needs to be organised by SmiteWorks.
    Other than confirming some interest on the publishers side AND your ability to build out the product you should then handball it to SmiteWorks.

** The DMsGuild has an existing arrangement with SW and products can be offered there - but it is a 5E store only
    Thanks for the information; this is the first time I've done anything of this sort, and I'll keep it in mind.

Blog Entries
    Here's a post with a bit more info on licensing etc.; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information