Starfinder Playlist

Anyone using a later than 2018-12 Eclipse with LDT? (Lua Development Tools plugin)

[SOLVED] - Currently works in prior release 2019-09 of Eclipse. [SOLVED]

I was setting up a new laptop and downloaded Eclipse: Version: 2019-12 (4.14.0) but when I tried to add the LDT plugins, it fails because it cannot get/install the core (See below.)

The prior version of eclipse I had on my last laptop was 2018-12 (4.10.)

Does anyone here use Eclipse with LDT (Lua Development Tools) - the only reason I used this plug-in was for code syntax sort of thing. I don't obviously RUN or debug the Lua under eclipse. But it gives me an environment I am used to (we use eclipse at the office for Java dev) and more importantly it gives me a nice interface I am used to for git stagings/committing/diffing.

Do you guys have a list of what the last/latest version of Eclipse which works with the LDT (1.4.2?) plugin is?
    For now am using a simple text editor and command line on git but would like to change back to Eclipse. I just didn't want to install up to 4 versions of Eclipse until I found out which was the last version that runs that plugin since it will keep adding later unused crud to my system. Just cos I got it with 4TB doesn't mean I want to leave unconnected stuff all over. Knowing it is there irritates me enough

Last edited by Varsuuk; January 8th, 2020 at 06:29.

If you can't get Eclipse to work. I'd like to suggest an alternative, which is what I use for extension writing.
    The free Visual Studio Code text editor, and the following extensions: Lua and/or vscode-lua, Lua Debug, XML Tools.

ps. Can't remember if I had a separate extension to show the document outlines (lists functions etc.) or if it came as default or with the extensions mentioned.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 7th, 2020 at 05:31.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

One reason I like Eclipse is that I use it at work all day, so it is second nature. One aspect of it that I like, again because I am used to it - not necessarily that it is "better", is the git integration.

Not only the normal right click a file for all git operations, but the bottom (by default) history and git-staging windows. I love keeping a running "commit log" as I stag/unstage when working. It's how I am used to working with it. That said, I would not mind messing with VSCode to try it out.

I am sure I can get Eclipse to work, I am just trying to find out without having to install one at time until the LDT plugin >doesn't< work the 4 or 5 versions between 2018-12 (4.10.x) and 2019-12 (4.14.0)

So if anyone has a version between that running LDT, let me know. If anyone already has one installed and doesn't mind running Install-Plugin for LDT - let me know if it did or didn't install in your version. I know works in 4.10.X and not in 4.14.0. (I believe the x=0, but without going to my older machine not sure from memory.)

Found out that ironically 2019-12 was the FIRST non-working with LDT plugin version. Going to 2019-09 solved the issue.

I did install VSCode on my other work macbook to give it a try. The git integration so far does not seem as nice as the staging/committing window view on eclipse (subjective) and I like (maybe due to familiarity only?) the eclipse Team/history view for diffs.
    But I want to check it out nonetheless.

Thread Information