FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unable to connect to host - License key conflict

Last night we were trying out running a game and one of the kids accounts dropped out of the game. When he tired to log back in he got this error. We re-entered his license key and account information but when trying to load back in, he didn't have the same background, he couldn't see our chat messages but we could see his. Today I started a new game with my ultimate account and one of the other kid's had the same problem. I removed his key, hoping that it would run as a demo account but it came back with some message about the name being already in use in the campaign. I switched the account to my standard FGU account without key and he was able to get in and take ownership of the character but this seems like a lot of work for an issue.

Blog Entries
    It wasnt clearing the dropped connection so it thought that a second connection was trying to use the same license key and the second one got further (no key) but bumped into the issue that the name was already in use - again probably because the host or cloud server hadnt recorded that the connection had dropped.
    Thats my guess anyway!

Any fix to this? I can't get around it. Tried deleting local cache and restarting...tried going to demo mode (username collision)...tried going back...still same license key conflict
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

GM booting seems to fix it...but it would seem that a heartbeat check should auto-kick someone out of the game after some set interval to clear that up automatically
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information